Author Topic: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3  (Read 120271 times)

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Re: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2008, 02:57:15 pm »
trying to get a leg up on the competition there Evan?

Evan??  Evan is Drew...

I Khaotic e2k I

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2008, 04:37:07 pm »
I was thinking about going to this tournament but I really can't talk Oklahoma Gaming serious especially when all the tournaments are Halo 3. I used to play with OKC Rage on a team but really how many people have you seen that are from Oklahoma become a professional gamer or a company have a major tournament here I'm not talking that MGC small time lan, I'm talking about the big lans like MLG,WCG,CGS. I've only seen one true pro gamer and that is Coolsvilla that plays on 3D.NY for the CGS. I went to WCG Dallas Regional and I was the only Oklahoma person there competing. MLG don't get me wrong is cool but WCG and CGS are more amazing leagues. MLG picks up games then they drop the prize money WCG and CGS have lots of games and have amazing prize money. I think if you guys truly want to make Oklahoma better gaming place, have a tournament on these games for WCG and whoever wins for these games gets sponsored to go to the Dallas Regional next year.

Here's the games that should be picked (Nobody can register for multiple games)
Halo 3
Guitar Hero 4
Doa4
PGR4

If you guys are thinking well we don't have enough money to pay for these players to go then my point has been proved. I went to Dallas last Sunday and it cost me about $200 but seriously making a lan center is not the smartest idea because notice there's no lan centers in Oklahoma that are still around. I only knew of one and that was Cyber Quest and  they had really bad business but barely were able to pull through for a couple months. Location is key to having a successful lan center, a good location is key for any type of business.

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2008, 04:52:11 pm »
shut up khoatic, your'e dumb.

and jon obituaerez is evan mckeaver (spelling) i went to high school with him.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:55:03 pm by G WaDe »

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2008, 04:58:40 pm »
I was thinking about going to this tournament but I really can't talk Oklahoma Gaming serious especially when all the tournaments are Halo 3. I used to play with OKC Rage on a team but really how many people have you seen that are from Oklahoma become a professional gamer or a company have a major tournament here I'm not talking that MGC small time lan, I'm talking about the big lans like MLG,WCG,CGS. I've only seen one true pro gamer and that is Coolsvilla that plays on 3D.NY for the CGS. I went to WCG Dallas Regional and I was the only Oklahoma person there competing. MLG don't get me wrong is cool but WCG and CGS are more amazing leagues. MLG picks up games then they drop the prize money WCG and CGS have lots of games and have amazing prize money. I think if you guys truly want to make Oklahoma better gaming place, have a tournament on these games for WCG and whoever wins for these games gets sponsored to go to the Dallas Regional next year.

Halo 3
Guitar Hero 4
Doa4
PGR4

If you guys are thinking well we don't have enough money to pay for these players to go then my point has been proved. I went to Dallas last Sunday and it cost me about $200 but seriously making a lan center is not the smartest idea because notice there's no lan centers in Oklahoma that are still around. I only knew of one and that was Cyber Quest and  they had really bad business but barely were able to pull through for a couple months. Location is key to having a successful lan center, a good location is key for any type of business.

so... WTF is the point of this rant?

Offline obituareez

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2008, 05:45:51 pm »

trying to get a leg up on the competition there Evan?

need as much help as i can get to take down the mighty oklahomies ;)

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2008, 06:14:44 pm »

Halo 3
Guitar Hero 4
Doa4
PGR4

i will admit...mlg is crap compared to cgs(if mlg didnt have halo then it would be dead) but you cant go about by making our future business owners skeptical about having a lan center. Raider is trying to do something different....i dont remember cyberquest having frequent h2 tourneys....coolsvilla isnt the only pro to come from oklahoma...ever heard of StK Sergio? probably not since halo 1 was out while you were still getting breast fed. Primo Sparkz supersmiley......although they werent pros they were the closest we had during h2. now that h3 is out there are a few more people here trying to go "pro." You can complain about how we dont have tourneys for any other game cause the truth is: NO ONE SHOWS UP FOR THE OTHER GAMES!!!!111ONEONEONE  We have one of the most popular games "guitar hero" in a tourney and barely ANYONE SHOWS UP. The only other game people are willing play and travel for in tournaments is Super Smash Brothers. So pick one H3 or Super Smash Bros......If you dont like either then continue to play the other games online, no one is stopping you. But dont come onto the forums discouraging future business owners and aspiring h3 or ssbb "pros". Im sorry you didnt make it to where you wanted but it makes you sound like 4 year old girl that didnt get to watch the newest episode of Teletubbies with your little tantrum. To summarize this post....
QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!!!
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2008, 06:15:25 pm »
need as much help as i can get to take down the mighty oklahomies ;)

youre gonna need to know more then just the gametypes to beat them.......
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2008, 06:57:13 pm »

Halo 3
Guitar Hero 4
Doa4
PGR4

Talk about your Epic Wall of Lame text. If you dont want to support Oklahoma Gaming then shut up and go live somewhere else. I Think Oklahoma is doing a great job of putting events together.  And Agreed , its not wise to come into a forum to bash business owners, thats real immature and defiantly not cool it shows your real age and maturity level.  While your opinions on MLG are noted This was not the thread or forum topic to be posting your rant in.  If you dont like Halo 3 then dont play Halo 3, there are plenty of other games out there, and many other tournaments.  But dont come into a thread with your mindless ranting over something as petty as this. Its uncalled for, and Immature.

I Khaotic e2k I

« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2008, 05:38:03 pm »
I'm just warning him that location is key for a business and Oklahoma just isn't the spot.  Sorry about the rant but multiple people I've talked to have told me if I get out of the Army to not make a business in Oklahoma if you want to be successful and make cash, if he wants to make a lan center to help Oklahoma get on the map for gaming more power to him. I'm just saying as someone who's seen lots of lan centers go down and lots of people tell me Oklahoma isn't the spot to create a business. I would go to more lan events but I can't find any lans that do anything in Oklahoma other than H3 and SSBB or I would bring a team up from Texas and compete but we really don't want to go to a tournament and then the prize money be less than the travel. We don't pay for it but last Okgamers lan event we went to was a huge failure we didn't even get to play a match.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2008, 05:49:02 pm »
I Khaotic e2k I
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
ALL I GOT TO SAY IS WE GOT THE MONEY. WE GOT THE EQUIPMENT. THE ONLY REASON TOURNAMENTS DONT HAVE GOOD TURN OUTS (OTHER THEN HALO3 AND SSBB) IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO VENUE. ONCE OUR "LAN CENTER" IS UP WE WILL HAVE THE VENUE THAT THE ENTIRE STATE NEEDS. OH LET ME JUST MENTION THE COMPANIES WE WILL BE DEALING WITH
COX
MOUNTAIN DEW
RED BULL
XBOX 360
DAILY OKLAHOMAN
OKLAHOMA GAZETTE
SPORTS ANIMAL
POWER 103.5
94.9 THE BUZZ
GAME STOP
GAME X CHANGE
DEVON
SO WE GOT THIS MAN YOU NEED TO JUST SUPPORT, THATS IT, SUPPORT!!!! SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT.

GAME STOP TOLD ME THE MAIN PROBLEM WHY TOURNAMENTS AREN'T SUCCESSFUL IS BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE A VENUE. WITH OKGAMERS.COM AND HxC LAN Center we are supplying a centralized venue.
NOW we do LAN parties, Birthday parties, tournaments in ALL GAMES, SEE YOU THERE
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:51:57 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2008, 06:01:09 pm »
I'm just warning him that location is key for a business and Oklahoma just isn't the spot.  Sorry about the rant but multiple people I've talked to have told me if I get out of the Army to not make a business in Oklahoma if you want to be successful and make cash, if he wants to make a lan center to help Oklahoma get on the map for gaming more power to him. I'm just saying as someone who's seen lots of lan centers go down and lots of people tell me Oklahoma isn't the spot to create a business. I would go to more lan events but I can't find any lans that do anything in Oklahoma other than H3 and SSBB or I would bring a team up from Texas and compete but we really don't want to go to a tournament and then the prize money be less than the travel. We don't pay for it but last Okgamers lan event we went to was a huge failure we didn't even get to play a match.

Might want to re-evaluate your statement just because of the fact that Phillips 66, Williams Co., Sonic, Mazzio's, QuikTrip, etc have done great business despite your pessimism.

So far the only thing you have shown me is that you don't really know much about business. The Lan Center is a niche business and will only cater to so many people and gaining new business is extremely difficult, but these guys are doing a great job so far. Realistically they WILL plateau eventually and room for growth is small compared to other businesses, but the more they work at it the more successful it will become.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2008, 06:02:38 pm »
Also we will have other tournaments like
gears of war 2, soul caliber, call of duty 4 (YES because we will have xbl) etc so thats the reason why we are hosting these promo tournies. Then we will aim for WGC.

We are giving away over $1000 cash in all the tournaments. Other lans closed because they didnt have the type of pitch and benefits as we will have. come to the tourney and see!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 06:11:55 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

I Khaotic e2k I

« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2008, 06:22:45 pm »
I would suggest getting advice from the X30 Lan Center Owner. They have a successful team and an amazing lan center that I've heard from a couple CGS people and a team that it was amazing. That's the thing is Oklahoma compared to all the other states has no support in gaming. Yeah you guys might have some members on your site and have 20-30 people if that show up to lans but if your going to have an actual lan center up you can't just focus on hosting lan parties. Your going to have to get people into the lan center on hours people are usually at work or at school. Its going to be really hard to run a lan center but hey more power to you. I might show up to the event for a little bit but I have two CGS races this weekend and don't like competiting in Halo unless its a good amount of money or to market sponsors.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2008, 06:28:05 pm »
I would suggest getting advice from the X30 Lan Center Owner. They have a successful team and an amazing lan center that I've heard from a couple CGS people and a team that it was amazing. That's the thing is Oklahoma compared to all the other states has no support in gaming. Yeah you guys might have some members on your site and have 20-30 people if that show up to lans but if your going to have an actual lan center up you can't just focus on hosting lan parties. Your going to have to get people into the lan center on hours people are usually at work or at school. Its going to be really hard to run a lan center but hey more power to you. I might show up to the event for a little bit but I have two CGS races this weekend and don't like competiting in Halo unless its a good amount of money or to market sponsors.

Whats a good amount of money?? Sounds like a get rich quick scheme. Go look at the first post and see the prizes we are giving away more then just an entry fee and we are sponsoring PROS. Gaming will have the support once the LAN Center is up. Incredible Pizza is doing fine and we are going to be cheaper then them so I dont understand why you dont get the big picture. We are not going to just have 8 tube tvs and 8 xbox 360s. We are going to have 64 xbox 360s on 22 inch view sonic monitors. Trust me we are bringing our "A" game, oh yea we will have PS3, and WII's any questions?
HxC LAN Center

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2008, 07:04:53 pm »
... Yeah you guys might have some members on your site ...

I'm not sure if you're speaking of OKgamers or to Timmy's personal site, but for the most part you are taking our premise for this entire site and saying we are doing a piss poor job.  The ENTIRE focus of this site is to MAKE OKLAHOMA A PLACE FOR GAMERS.

I'm not sure how we could make that any clearer. If that site comment was directed to HxC's personal forums then I apologize in advance.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.