Author Topic: Circuit City is Closing all Stores.  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Circuit City is Closing all Stores.
« on: January 16, 2009, 02:26:56 pm »
Hey Circuit city is now closing all stores across the US.  So if you got some extra Christmas cash now is the time to get a good deal.  I bet they sale TV games and everything for 50 to 70% off as it gets closer to time to close the doors.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Re: Circuit City is Closing all Stores.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:05:15 pm »
Hopefully it's not like the CompUSA closure, that was a joke. Everything that was marked off considerably was either broken or junk. I'm hoping you're right so I can get a good deal on an LCD TV.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Coolsvilla

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:18:41 am »
Just make sure you check. They may say that it's discounted but it's really not, so be careful. I saw that was the idea at the CompUSA closure- they "said" it was 50% off but it was marked up and then the "discount" made it the normal price. -_-

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 02:19:47 pm »
Just make sure you check. They may say that it's discounted but it's really not, so be careful. I saw that was the idea at the CompUSA closure- they "said" it was 50% off but it was marked up and then the "discount" made it the normal price. -_-
And from employee's at the time, the company that handled the liquidation of CompUSA was a standard hack and slash company - known for poor pricing guidelines - well poor for the customer, great for them ;)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:38:33 pm »

Exactly what I was saying. The only big discounts were on broken items that had been returned.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline z B r e a T h e

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 08:16:35 pm »
/cry dont leave me curuit city ima miss u...to bad best buy

OWNS U!

im guessing thats why there giveing up also cause of the ecomony..
-Neva Ment To Make Yo Daughta Cry Sorry Mizz Jackson! Whoo! i am fo reallzz!

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 07:41:05 am »
I found out through a few friends that the Circuit City here in Tulsa is doing the exactly the same thing as CompUSA.
/fail

//this starts the letdown part of the post

typically those hack and slash companies really just have strong marketing departments and stingy accountants. They sell whatever they can at some price that generates profit and the rest gets sold to middlemen in overstock clearing markets that sell to stores like TJ-Max, Overstock.com, crappy websites you find on froogle, and big lots. The Circuit City stuff is probably going to be sold at auction to middlemen and big companies after they can't sell it to the public for about the same price you'd be paying today if you walked in... 5-10% off. You're best chance is to try and haggle that a product is broken or crappy or whatever. There's a chance (a small one) but a chance you can social engineer a manager into giving you 20%. Maybe 50% if you can argue that you thought it was 50% from improper labeling. Those people don't care because they're all losing their jobs and they hate Circuit City. Wouldn't you? So you'd have to be a real jerk to give them a hard time to get a few more % off but there's a possibility it'll work. The people who price the products want money and they're absolutely mechanical. I doubt anything could be done to work them over.

//this concludes the letdown part of the post

If you want to get the computer stuff that didn't sell at CompUSA or Circuit City then come with me to the first Saturday show in Dallas when it warms up a bit. http://www.sidewalksale.com/index.html, or third saturday here in Tulsa (lots of the same vendors), http://www.computershowok.com/. The vendors at these places buy from warehouse overstock, cheap china ripoffs, expired leases, and company retired product, and yes regional clearances and closure auctions. So, there you might be able to get a deal, and most times you can haggle. But please know what you're buying or you will be had. Ex. Don't by a graphics card with Nvidia misspelled on the box.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:23:14 am by attrezzop »

Here I am on der myspazenhousen.

Offline ezknight.okceca

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Divine Knight Gaming
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:45:11 pm »
All information you need on Circuit City and their liquidation can be found here:

http://consumerist.com/tag/circuit-city-death-watch/
--
E. Zachary Knight
Divine Knight Gaming

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I'm the best, but you're cool too.
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:28:52 am »

Exactly what I was saying. The only big discounts were on broken items that had been returned.

Yeah, there will be no deals to be had hear, unless you consider a retail beating a "deal."
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:19 pm »

2 Tulsa updates:

20 - 50% sale.  Overall - 71st has way more stock.

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR VIDEO GAMES -

Rock Band / GH3 = 71st store, but 41st has alot more ps3/360 solutions, including several copies of SC4 each.  30% off games.

Computer hardware - 71st, Camera's at both but 71st had more stock, and TV's aren't cheap enough to talk about yet lol.

Random stuff - printers, networking - decent amount left at 71st.  Also alot of DVD's movies and car audio at 71st.

If I didn't mention it - it's probably wiped out - other than phones, they had plenty of home phones lol.

In ironic land - I feel bad for Magno's dad - the old CompUSA manager, as well, he evidently works at the Tulsa Circuit City.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:47 pm »
most people here werent here long enough to know about magno.......^
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 01:34:05 am »
I work Saturday I'll do a big check and find out the things we have in stock and see if I can get any info on changes there.

Offline JackMars

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Online Flash Game Site I play at work
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 12:44:45 pm »
They have sign up saying final 10 days and tvs have 40% off stickers on them, tho I still think I bought the same tv I saw there for less somewhere else a year ago.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 04:21:41 pm »

Well, and when it comes to TV's - I know alot of people locally always talk about needing tournament tv's / extra or portable TV's to take around - the last few weeks have been TV HEAVEN on Craigslist electronics - 20$ tv's right and left, etc.  After seeing that, I've been really wondering about pointing it out, and just haven't.  Don't know if they are all going to pan out - could always be a scam, etc - but some of these simply have to be people replacing their tubes with lcd's for the digital switch, etc.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 12:58:52 am »
(71st Street Store)

We are currently at 60% max off, and it seems to be changing almost daily. However, our stock is nearly depleted. We have a handful of TV's left, most of them on display. A few of the higher end Sony's are left new in the box.

We only have display cameras and camcorders left, and our video game selection is almost non-resistant.

We do have quite a few Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith's left, as well as additional guitars. We have some PC Games left, some copies of WoW and such, but no WoW gamecards.

PC's, laptops, and monitors are gone, and we have 3 or 4 external hard drive left. We've got a lot of blank media, but I'm waiting for that to drop a bunch to get a bunch :P

Movies and CD's are a war zone, but we have some left.