Author Topic: 8/14 Dallas TX Monsters Arcade @ Quakecon FREE $500 SSF4, T6, SSB & BBCS  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Wolfwood0;701637
"Completely Free", formally known as Mashfest, has been reformed with the help of Monsters Arcade, GMMA, and Quakecon. Completely Free is not just the name. Everything about this tournament is completely free! No venue fee! No pot fee! just show up!

For those of you who have never been to or heard of Quakecon, it is a 3 day long, 24 hour a day event held by id software in Dallas every year. Our tournaments are taking place in the BYOC (bring your own computer area), which has space enough to hold 3000 computers! Quakecon is the biggest LAN party in the US every year and we want to make our community a part of that!

Monsters Arcade is donating $2000 in prize money to make this a go to event for ALL fighting game fans. The $2000 will be split 4 ways for each game, $500 with a 70/20/10 split. We are also offering a way to support your game and to make each pot bigger. We will be taking donations through paypal until the 12th of August for your game of choice. Every dollar you donate will go directly into your games pot! This is a new system that allows you to show support for your game and it's community as a whole. Make sure that in the payment info you leave WHICH GAME you are donating for. There is no limit to how much or how little you can give.

This also allows us to make bigger payouts for more people:
$500-$599 70/20/10 split
$600-$799 70/15/10/5 split
$800+ 60/10/10/5/5/5/2.5/2.5 split

The reason this system was implemented is because Quakecon is a completely free event , and we would like to help them keep it that way. We are also aware that pot based payouts are ingrained into the fighting game community. Through much consideration and thought we came to this conclusion which we think benefits all parties. ANY concerns or questions,  don't be afraid to contact us or post them right in the forums. We will answer them openly.

Remember all donations are COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY! All tournaments are free to enter as well as the venue. Super Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6, SSBB and Bazblue will happen either way. All donations will be recorded and posted accordingly unless the individual does not want their name posted. ALL payments are to be made through either PAYPAL: [email protected] or in person at Monster's Arcade. Our address is 13626 Veterans Memorial Dr., Houston, TX 77014.

This is also the debut event for our "Gamecast" organization. Gamecast consists of different groups located in the Southwest dedicated to bringing the southern competitive gaming scene out of the shadows. It is only with like minded people such as GMMA, HOBO and ACGC are we actually able to bring events such as this to the public.

Tournament breakdown as follows:

Note on all tournaments. The brackets will be randomly generated and double elimination

Super Street Fighter 4 1:00 PM
- Default game settings
- 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners/Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
-Winner stays same character/ultra, loser may change character/ultra

Tekken 6 3:00 PM
- Default game settings
- 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners finals will be 3/5 games, Grand finals will be 4/7 games.
- Stage is chosen randomly, Loser does not get a stage counterpick. If both players can agree on a certain stage, they may choose it.

Blazblue Continuum Shift 5:00 PM
- Default game settings
- 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners/Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
-Unlimited characters banned

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1:00 PM

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens

Everything else is banned.

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.
* In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
* Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs

* Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
* DeDeDe's Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.
* Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%. Does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
* Stalling, including planking and scrooging, is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it.
* Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
* Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

This system, also allows us to offer 2 side community tournaments not on the schedule.

Soul Calibur 4 had a great showing at the last Mashfest and Texas Trashday so we know the community is out there. Here is our corespondence summarized by Nori on 8way run:

http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=215791&postcount=262

The 2nd side tournament will be a voted on from SRK. http://shoryuken.com/f7/8-14-dallas-tx-monsters-arcade-%40-quakecon-completely-free-%24500-ssf4-t6-ssb-bbcs-246157/?pagenumber=

Games to choose from:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii
Street Fighter 3rd Strike PS2
Capcom vs SNK 2 PS2
Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS3
Guilty Gear Accent Core PS2
Street Fighter HD Remix PS3
Vrtua Fighter 5 X360
King of Fighters 2002 UM PS2
Chaos Breaker PS3
Super Smash Bro. Melee GC

Side Tournament voting will run through the 7th. Starting the 8th paypal will open up for the winners pot. Monsters Arcade will also match this pot up to $100.

We want to thank everybody in advance for supporting us and the Texas scene. We really believe that this event is a great way to "show up" and support your games commuity. Quakecon is a fantastic event and we are very lucky to have the opportunity to bring fighting games to a new audience. We also hope our players will take a chance to explore what Quakecon has to offer as well.

Monster's Arcade
GMMA - goodies for all members
Monsters Arcade | Facebook
Monsters Arcade on Justin.tv
YouTube - MonstersArcade's Channel
Alamo City Gaming Championship

Thank you, and we hope to see you there!

Copied from Dustloop

So ya, these tournaments are free to enter, Quakecon is free to enter, so it's just a fun time for all.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO lol

Offline mooshie

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
I might go. 90% chance of going.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
♥♥♥♥♥ it i was just there

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
lol I KNOW

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Count me in.  ;D
"ODLei"

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
wow!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
this is DONE guys, god

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
lol here we go

This was pretty awesome, especially the SC4 turnout. Fun times overall. I got 4th on BBCS, the 3 people that were ahead of me were the 2 that qualified for SBO this year, and 1 that came in second to them lol.  Good stuff.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
wasn't jan the tager? did you play him? was he good??

i must know!

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Jan is the Tager and no unfortunately I did not.  I fought the Ragna and the other Ragna lol

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: 8/14 Dallas TX Monsters Arcade @ Quakecon FREE $500 SSF4, T6, SSB & BBCS
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 10:54:07 pm »
sounds like online

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 01:27:32 pm »
Online is just an inflated reflection of real life

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 01:10:59 am »
well if i wasnt average i could play in real life with the pros but i am so i play online where nobody IBs! even in japan!