Author Topic: Chickasha - Phantom Rush Promo #1 H3/SSBB/GH3/SCIV/GoW2 - 11/15/08 - *NEW DATE*  (Read 50116 times)

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • The last Raven shall never fall
    • View Profile
    • Mtg of Oklahoma -LansEnd-
  • XBL ID: Dameaskinos
*************************************** PLEASE READ!! ***************************************
I regret to inform you guys but this event my have to be pushed back by a few weeks. It seems the Hotel no longer has a room  at the need size. Iam calling around as we speak, but most others are booked.

I will keep you guys Informed!

~Dam
*************************************** PLEASE READ!! ***************************************

To those of you who are interested, Phantom Rush holding a H3/SSBB/GH3/SCIV/GoW tournament. This will be set #1 of 3, with each set having 4 tournament on 4 diffreant dates.

Games:
Halo 3 4v4/FFA, SSBB, Guitar Hero 3 or 4, SCIV and Gears of War 2.

Where: Chickasha, OK at the Best Western of Chickasha 2101 S 4th St, Chickasha, OK
http://www.bestwesternoklahoma.com/hotels/best-western-chickasha/
**There may be a last min Location change, It seems that the Room we were going to use may be Double booked. So in lieu of this PR is looking into a few new locations. I will keep you all posted**

When: November 15th, 2008

Cost:
Halo 3 4v4: $80 per team ($20 per person)
Halo 3 FFA: $10 per person
SSBB: $15 per person
GH3/4: $10 per person
SCIV: $10 per person
GoW2 5v5: $60 per team ($12 per person)

Times:
Halo 3 4v4:
Reg:11am
Start:12pm

Halo 3 FFA:
Reg:11am
Start:1pm

SSBB:
Reg:1pm
Start:2pm

GH3/4:
Reg:1pm
Start:2pm

SCIV:
Reg:2pm
Start:3pm

GoW2 5v5:
Reg:3pm
Start:4pm

**You will be able to pre register and/or pre pay soon!**

For the moment you can pre register via Email, just send a message in this format

Subject: Pre register

Name - Handel/Okgamers Forum Handel - Team(if applicable) - Game registering for - City/state your from - Age - Setup/equipment your bringing

sent this to [email protected]

Prizes:

**All prizes are subject to change! These are were set per project turnout from Chickasha and the surounding areas. They can and will go up the more that come**
Halo 4v4
1st - $400/free entry in to the FFA
2nd - $100/free entry in to the FFA

Halo FFA
1st - $100/free entry in to the next FFA
2nd - $50/free entry in to the next FFA

SSBB
1st - $100
2nd - $50

GH3/GH4
1st - $75
2nd - $25

SCIV
1st - $75
2nd - $25

GoW2 5v5
1st - $450

Grand Prize at the end of this set(the fourth tournament of set #1) the winner of the FFA will walk away with cash & an Xbox 360.

Changes may be made to any of the information at any time.

What do you guys and gals think of that...

~Dam
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:44:24 am by Coolsvilla »

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
Why is GoW like always so much more expensive??

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Why is GoW like always so much more expensive??

Its more expensive because there aren't that many players that come out, and its so they get a large pot.

TuRoK

sweet ill be there fo GH

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
The costs outweigh the benefits for Brawl.  You can almost guarentee there will be more than 10 peopel going, that already covers first and second.  But since the costs outweigh the benefits thats probably not the case.

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
The costs outweigh the benefits for Brawl.  You can almost guarentee there will be more than 10 peopel going, that already covers first and second.  But since the costs outweigh the benefits thats probably not the case.

True, and all prizes are subject to change. The more that come to an event the biger the pot can and will get. The only reasion the winnings are set as they are is becuse they are based off of what I know I can get to come from Chickasha and the surounding areas. So as I said the more that come, the bigger the pot will be.

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
ah, you should really write "+ pot" than.

Offline PhLo

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile

/Agreed.

True, and all prizes are subject to change. The more that come to an event the biger the pot can and will get. The only reasion the winnings are set as they are is becuse they are based off of what I know I can get to come from Chickasha and the surounding areas. So as I said the more that come, the bigger the pot will be.

Understandable, this should be noted though because 15 bucks for 100 max prize is tough. I spent 10 bucks at a tulsa tourney and won 104 for 2nd place. This should be an indicator of what out-of-towners are looking for in terms of benefit/cost as was previously mentioned

Formerly Stilly Crew.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher

Understandable, this should be noted though because 15 bucks for 100 max prize is tough. I spent 10 bucks at a tulsa tourney and won 104 for 2nd place. This should be an indicator of what out-of-towners are looking for in terms of benefit/cost as was previously mentioned
[/quote]Now phlo you have to understand. That paid out so much because that was not a business owned venue. This tournament is a business owned. Please dont tell me your not satisfied with the prize money? 10 bucks is nothing. especially if you get 2nd and you get 50 dollars hey thats a profit and all you have to do is win a tournament. TAX FREE. I like those odds.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline PhLo

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
I do understand.

I'm not meaning to be condescending or anything of that nature. You asked and, I, as an out of town rep, am letting you know how we (at least from my area) feel about it. Ultimately, it's about fun and initial costs with prizes behind that in importance. I would love to come to this event and bring all my friends as i am their liaison for Brawl tourneys. I would like all tourneys in OK to be successful.
Formerly Stilly Crew.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
I do understand. I'm not meaning to be condescending or anything of that nature. You asked and, I, as an out of town rep, am letting you know how we (at least from my area) feel about it. Ultimately, it's about fun and initial costs with prizes behind that in importance. I would love to come to this event and bring all my friends as i am their liaison for Brawl tourneys. I would like all tourneys in OK to be successful.
AWESOME.. we are on the same page. So its all good!
HxC LAN Center

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Thank you all so far for you thoughts. I have made the changes stating that the prizes can and will go up the more that come and on that same note if you come all 4 tournament and win the FFA in the last one you will get Cash + an Xbox 360. Not that should make everyone happy, Lol.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Thank you all so far for you thoughts. I have made the changes stating that the prizes can and will go up the more that come and on that same note if you come all 4 tournament and win the FFA in the last one you will get Cash + an Xbox 360. Not that should make everyone happy, Lol.
Is that gears of war 2.. or gow 1? by that time 2 will be out. Also 2v2? 4v4?
HxC LAN Center

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Is that gears of war 2.. or gow 1? by that time 2 will be out. Also 2v2? 4v4?

Well what would you guys and gals want GoW 1 or 2??

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
gow2!
HxC LAN Center