Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - 3rd Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($100+) Monthly - 12/07/08  (Read 11581 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

EVENT OVER - Aftermath here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event -
Continuing our 6 month series, December 7th, 2008 Funhouse and OKgamers' will host a Soul Calibur 4 & Super Smash Bro's Brawl Monthly Tournament!

This month will again have an additional 100+ in cash thrown into the pot!  Read more below.

Why OKgamers helps?
We want to help out the SC4 and SSBB communities!  Also, monthly tournaments are held by some of the Tulsa area staff of OKgamers to get the word out about OKgamers.com - a site for Gamers & Businesses in Oklahoma to post gamer related events and tournaments, get players together, and go to find out what's going on in our area.  Tired of hearing Oklahoma has nothing to do?  OKgamers proves things are going on all the time!  Want to help out the OKgamers cause of spreading the word, so we actually KNOW what's going on around the area?  -
 - Read more about our Goals
 - Join our staff!
 - Learn how College and HS students can get community service through volunteering with OKgamers!

We'll have these tournaments on the first Sunday of every month. [weather/schedule permitting] This is to make it easy to remember, and tell your friends.  Spread the word about the site - because it's a solution for the lack of communication about events for gamers in the area of Oklahoma!

Location -
Funhouse at the Riverwalk
500 Riverwalk Terrace, Suite 100
Map: Google Maps link

Questions about the new Riverwalk curfew?  Go here.

Games -
Soul Calibur 4 - 1v1
SSBB - 1v1
(SSBB - 2v2 - if we have enough time.)

Times -
SSBB 1v1
3:00pm - 3:45pm - Setup and Sign up [HARDWARE NEEDS TO BE HERE BY 3:45!]
4:00pm - Tournament starts [ WE WILL NOT WAIT!  Be on-time, back and ready @ 5pm please :) ]

Soul Calibur 4
5:00pm - 6pm - Setup and Signup [HARDARE NEEDS TO BE HERE BY 5:50pm!]
6:30pm - Tournament Starts

SSBB 2v2
AFTER SSBB 1v1.  If we can get SSBB 1v1 done by around 8, we'll consider doing a 2v2, after assessing interest, and hardware present.

PRIZES -
SC4 - 60/30/10 of pot
SSBB - 60/30/10 of pot

$100 will be going into the pots for these games!  Our first event 100$ was thrown in by Funhouse, and just 1st place for SSBB got over $200!  More people show up, the POT GOES UP!

Cost -
5$ location cost - for those playing in a tournament
This gets you 10$ in tokens. [Tokens are Funhouse tokens, to spend on DDR, Initial D, Time Crisis, Soul Calibur 2, and other fun video games, as well as ticket games they have at that venue.]

YOU ONLY PAY LOCATION ONCE - playing in both tournaments?  You only need pay location fee once.

5$ tournament pot cost.  Any tournament you play in cost 5$, and goes into the pot for 1-3rd.

OKgamers staff make no money doing this, that's not what this is about - go read our goals.  This is all volunteer, in the hopes of improving Oklahoma by networking through one site for gamers.  Don't abuse staff, or give us a hard time - as we aren't getting paid to put up with it :) 

Soul Calibur 4 Rules:
Time: 60 Seconds, 2 out of 3 matches, 3 out of 5 for finals. 
Pausing forfeits the ROUND, Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
Button Mapping allowed before the beginning of the match
NO PAUSING - MAKE SURE you set your controllers before selecting a character!!

Allowed:
Edit Colors

Banned:
BONUS CHARACTERS (Shura, etc) - banned
Algol / Yoda / Vader - banned
Any infinite banned
Custom and "Customized" characters banned. 

SSBB Rules -
* 3 stock 8 minute time limit
if there isn't a winner by the end of the time limit, then the winner is whoever has the most stocks. If stocks are tied it is whoever has LESS damage.
* all items are turned off
* if there are teams then team attack is ON

* Remaining rules for SC4 / SSBB can be found here - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1770.0 *

What you need:
We seriously suggest you bring your own controllers.  We will do our best to have a few extra around, but it's always best to bring your own - less concern about your performance as well :) 

If you can bring hardware, we would appreciate it!  A "Setup" consists of a TV, console, game, and saved data.  TV - 19" or above, tube preferrably, and controller if you can't change to input on the front.  SC and SSBB - FULLY UNLOCKED (SC = all available, SSBB 'more rules' and all 35 characters, and levels), and any controllers would be appreciated, however we encourage people to bring their own.  And of course, the game, console and any required cables. 

WANT TO HELP US CAPTURE THE EVENT TO PUT ONLINE?  Bring a VCR!!

What else can you do - Well, spread the word!  Remember, not everyone finds a flyer or knows about OKgamers! 

***WE RELY ON THE PLAYERS TO BRING ENOUGH HARDWARE - what is enough?  At least 2 to 3 setups for SC4, and 5 to 6 for SSBB.  We will cancel a game's tournament if we do not have enough hardware that shows up ON TIME.(We ask hardware to be there typically 20 to 30 minutes before the tournament is set to start, see times.)  Why is this? OKgamers.com can only organizes events, as the front page explains; we are not a company, nor do the venues we work with have everything.  Help us help you have a great event!

We reserve the right on ANY game to make on the spot changes to the tournament rules, such as a change to Single Elimination if there is not enough hardware, or too many people show up ["Too many" only determined by us not having the hardware brought to meet the demand in the time we have - be sure you understand that].  We have to be done no matter what at Funhouse by 11pm, thus the concern.  [Will we change?  Only if we HAVE to.  Hardware and you determine that.] 

Sharpen up your game, we'll see you soon!

Go out to your blogs and your websites and your myspaces - and link back to this thread - it helps - trust me.  Also, check out myspace and add us!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/okgamers
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5058488191

Wanna thank us?
Join us - by Joining our staff!
Spread the word - take a flyer, post the website up on your blog or website, join our Myspace and Facebook, or mention it to friends that game.

Any of these will be more than enough thanks :) 

First time to the site?  This going to be your first tournament you've found out about on this site?  Welcome to the site!  Please go here, and let us know how you heard about OKgamers.com!  It helps us know what is working, and what is not :)

Spread the word:
Make Oklahoma a place for gamers!  Check out OKgamers.com to find out or post about events and tournaments for gamers around Oklahoma.

X A

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:13:55 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Oh sweet! a Tournament in Tulsa, i've never been to one ebfore, can't wait, i'll go this time!

babosaekgee

idk for sure if i can go...but i'll most likely go again...OH and btw this is sam...

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
Circumstances permitting, I'll be there with at least 1 setup.

whiteyok

need to hold a halo tourment halo 3 in tulsa

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
Just wait... they will come

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

You have to build something before they'll come; the Halo community, and well FPS in general in the Tulsa area seems to be hurting lately, dunno.

need to hold a halo tourment halo 3 in tulsa

Please do take a moment to review both the tournaments forum as well as the planning forum, that way you can avoid spamming a non-FPS thread when there is already a threading for game requests in Tulsa -

Tulsa - DownTown Joe Momma's 2nd Monthly; what game?
http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1879.0

General chat is free-for-all, but in the Competition forums we like to stay on topic :)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Thread updated!

The ban on Yoda / Vader may be coming off, so we'll see about future updates.

ALSO - new flyer is UP IN THE MEDIA SECTION!  If you want to print a few out and share them, we'd appreciate it!  DarkWraith is going to get some printed up, and placed at Funhouse, etc soon as well!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it or not, (I hate lacking a driver's license. >.<) but I'm sure as eff going to try.

A couple questions:

With the turnout for the Brawl portion of the previous Funhouse Monthlies, how many setups are we looking at needing to actually get to do doubles?

And was there a lack of one specific part of the hardware, or just setups in general? (Have wiis, but lacking TVs, or vice-versa)

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
If memory serves me correctly, we had enough to get doubles off the ground last time.  There was just a lack of interest.

ICTGaming

Re: Tulsa/Jenks - 3rd Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($100+) Monthly - 12/07/08
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 09:29:42 am »
hey if you want... you should register on the ICT Gaming forums for Wichita Gaming community at www.ICTGaming.com and post your events there also... I know we have a good SSBB following there.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 07:23:49 am »
Ill participate in doubles this time who all from your crew is going to this type-ex?

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 07:25:30 am »
rough definiites: me and hanson.  possibilities: sars pirate, and kosmos.

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 07:57:44 am »
Lack of interest? In Doubles? Blasphemy! o=<

Hmm. I really want to make it there now. >.>

I'll likely just get my a** handed to me by THeiN or Kos if he shows up, but it should be fun at least.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:43:14 pm by Tatsu »

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 09:38:46 am »
hmm so no Gt?