Author Topic: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009  (Read 140953 times)

Offline CaDDy54

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2009, 06:22:12 pm »
Hey Everyone.

I want to let everyone know.  If they have access or can bring Utility Grade Extension cords that would be great.  I think we will have enough But I want to make sure.  All the electric is on the walls and the tables are in the center of the room.  Power Strips will be helpful as well but I think we will have enough there as well.

Also Be sure to Mark/Label your items you bring.  We are not responsible for lost and stolen items.  But we will have A Mustang Police officer on hand to ward off any of those who think they "may" want to run off with something.

how many people have pre reg for h3
gt: Go Kaddy, aim:kaddy545454

Cash Money Billionaires

« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2009, 06:28:48 pm »
Coaches allowed for H3?

Offline Yur DownFaLL

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2009, 07:42:24 pm »
I mean what is the BOOTCAMP.
GT: JoRiZzle

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »
Coaches allowed for H3?

I'll let an OKgamer Halo 3 Staff member answer that. But Im going to guess and say yes. just because ive seen them in the past.  My Ruling is if MLG allows it. Then I will allow it.  But I will let Hypnotic or Dr.Viper que in here and comment. As they are the ones I trust when it comes to Halo 3

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2009, 10:45:10 pm »
Hey Everyone.

I want to let everyone know.  If they have access or can bring Utility Grade Extension cords that would be great.  I think we will have enough But I want to make sure.  All the electric is on the walls and the tables are in the center of the room.  Power Strips will be helpful as well but I think we will have enough there as well.

Also Be sure to Mark/Label your items you bring.  We are not responsible for lost and stolen items.  But we will have A Mustang Police officer on hand to ward off any of those who think they "may" want to run off with something.

how many people have pre reg for h3

See Previous posts.. Im tired of Counting lol  lets just say alot.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2009, 11:07:56 pm »
Coaches allowed for H3?

yes, but as with all events; they are not allowed to look at the enemies screen or trash talk to the other team and they still have to pay the 5 dollar venue fee.
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2009, 11:22:53 pm »
Coaches allowed for H3?

yes, but as with all events; they are not allowed to look at the enemies screen or trash talk to the other team and they still have to pay the 5 dollar venue fee.

thanks for the Catch on the Venue Fee.   Also make sure you also work out with your "Coach" Prize money details if the team is going to split it with the coach seeing how the venue fee does not go towards the pot. Make sue to do this before the event.

Also while we are on the topic of Venue Fee.  Kinda a new Spin i know for everyone. But the Idea is to get the Rental of the Venue paid for. And 5 Bucks I felt it reasonable. and if more than 106 people show up to play then then the remainder of the money will be split between everything left that plasma burn paid for to get the tournament up and going.   And Also we need to put some cash in Our Mustang Police Officers Pocket as he is Donating his time for us so we dont have to worry about thieves so much.  And if this event is a success you can guarantee I will do this again.  Right now if things go well Im going to try and look at doing another Tournament in April. I like to have a few months to plan things and get things rolling so I can have sponsors. Prizes, and enough people to help out.

Also if you have a suggestion let me or a staff member know. Or you all can email them to me at    furyswrath at plasmaburn.net  Id love to hear them.  This is my first tournament, and I will make some mistakes. But Im going to do whatever I can to make this as organized as I possibly can, and with each tournament I will learn new tips and tricks to speed the process up and make things as efficient as possible.

Cash Money Billionaires

« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2009, 11:42:14 pm »
Coaches allowed for H3?

thanks for the Catch on the Venue Fee.   Also make sure you also work out with your "Coach" Prize money details if the team is going to split it with the coach seeing how the venue fee does not go towards the pot. Make sue to do this before the event.

Will do, and also you said that the halo 4v4 will start at 1:30, will the ffa be going on at the same time or before\after?

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2009, 12:05:41 am »
I'd also like to request we use this variant of AMP... It has more spawns for FFA.  It is almost the same AMP map I had for the last AMP FFA tourney, but I removed the 4 corner spawns that everyone seemed to spawn most frequently at.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=63763388

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2009, 12:07:37 am »
To maximize the number of people that will play in the 4v4, it would be smarter to start the ffa first since many of the people that are on the fence about playing the ffa will play since they do not feel like waiting to play. Many people will begin to leave when they get knocked out and will have a bad taste in their mouth to even play the ffa. With people leaving, setups will be lost.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2009, 01:06:20 am »
I'd also like to request we use this variant of AMP... It has more spawns for FFA.  It is almost the same AMP map I had for the last AMP FFA tourney, but I removed the 4 corner spawns that everyone seemed to spawn most frequently at.

How easy is that to distribute to everyone in this short amount of time?  Is this a map that most everyone already has?  Imma be honest im clueless on the maps and thats where my downfall will be in this tournament is not knowing everything like I should on the games.   Im relying on the experienced Halo & Gears players. (Dr Viper, Hypnotic) to help me though the halo side.   Timmy and Godmode will help me GoW2 and I have Saif and MJ for SSBB / SCIV that will be able to inform me on whats going on.  I hope to learn alot Saturday So i know what i need to do to improve for the next time.

Offline DrWalterrr

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2009, 02:12:14 am »

How easy is that to distribute to everyone in this short amount of time?  Is this a map that most everyone already has?  Imma be honest im clueless on the maps and thats where my downfall will be in this tournament is not knowing everything like I should on the games.   Im relying on the experienced Halo & Gears players. (Dr Viper, Hypnotic) to help me though the halo side.   Timmy and Godmode will help me GoW2 and I have Saif and MJ for SSBB / SCIV that will be able to inform me on whats going on.  I hope to learn alot Saturday So i know what i need to do to improve for the next time.

as long as people have the map packs it doesnt matter about the game varient weve played on amp or foundry before so it shouldnt be a problem

Offline DrWalterrr

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2009, 03:00:15 am »
I mean what is the BOOTCAMP.
he isnt going to the local... instead he will be attending the camp where you learn how make boots...

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:29 am »
ill send you pics downfall of the nice...black...shiny...BOOTS!

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 22, 2009, 10:59:30 am »
Oo HyPn07iC oO cocky ???

If anybody was it would be you. You get a team of randoms together and all of sudden you think youre gonna win. I understand confidence but you do this EVERY tournament. Its actually quite funny. If someone asked, whose going to win this tournament, like a pokemon, you only would know to say your name.