Author Topic: Tulsa - Super Smash Bros Brawl Oklahoma Regionals hosted by TCC - 06/06/09  (Read 7626 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

NATIONALS CANCELLED - so the regional series have been taken down.  The NVGA will still have a 1000+$ pot at Supercon, and we'll still go ahead and have a SSBB tourny on this date - more info in the Tourny section.

--

Event:

As one of many regionals, OKgamers and TCC working together are hosting the Oklahoma regional for Super Smash Bros Brawl Nationals!

More on TCC - http://www.tulsacc.edu/

Tulsa Community College, Metro Campus
909 S. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74119

Game - SSBB 1v1, 2v2 **UDATE** - 2v2 has been pulled from the official line up due to Smash community request.  Nationals will have 2v2 and Crew battles, but 2v2 won't be an official aspect.

Times:

Setup & Signups open - 11am (tentative)

Tournament Start time - 1pm (tentative)

Cost, Rules, and more details coming in the follow weeks.  All standards following the Nationals standards - read up more on other regionals and Nationals at their websites, which are coming soon!  (should have by Saturday)

--

NOTE SMASH PLAYERS - 2v2 top 4 advance to Nationals AS WELL!  Hope you all start getting your 2v2's sharpened up!  Pulled - see update above.

X A

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:10:06 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
This is gonna be sweet! ;D

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
Hmm. Time start practicing hardcore again...

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa - Super Smash Bros Brawl Oklahoma Regionals hosted by TCC - 06/06/09
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 03:48:31 pm »

"NOTE SMASH PLAYERS - 2v2 top 4 advance to Nationals AS WELL!  Hope you all start getting your 2v2's sharpened up!"

Judging by this statement, I am guessing that top 4 in 1v1 also get to go to nationals?

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 07:59:29 pm »
Gay Nasty doesn't need "sharpening up"

wiifthatsmell

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:56:55 pm »
I'm totally singing up for this i love super smash bros brawl ? tho can we play with a nunchuck :o

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:52:05 am »

Top 4 - yes.   More rules to come soon!   PART of the delay is my side as well, trying to get them work heh.

Nunchucks should be allowed as far as I know - however I am 99% sure the Smash community has done studies and are POSITIVE that you lose abilities with the chuck vs the Cube controller - like there are things scientifically impossibe to do without said cube controller, etc.  But like I said, rules will be out soon, and we'll have the definitive answer.

PLEASE WAIT ON LINKING THIS ELSEWHERE - we need to wait till the official site is up before spreading the word on SSBB nationals - as I've been told heh.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:23:31 am »

Top 4 - yes.   More rules to come soon!   PART of the delay is my side as well, trying to get them work heh.

Nunchucks should be allowed as far as I know - however I am 99% sure the Smash community has done studies and are POSITIVE that you lose abilities with the chuck vs the Cube controller - like there are things scientifically impossibe to do without said cube controller, etc.

X A

Tell that to Ultimate Razer.  tee hee.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 03:35:41 pm »

Nunchucks should be allowed as far as I know - however I am 99% sure the Smash community has done studies and are POSITIVE that you lose abilities with the chuck vs the Cube controller - like there are things scientifically impossibe to do without said cube controller, etc.

X A

Tell that to Ultimate Razer.  tee hee.

haha i was thinking the same thing.

wiifthatsmell

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:47:28 pm »

Nunchucks should be allowed as far as I know - however I am 99% sure the Smash community has done studies and are POSITIVE that you lose abilities with the chuck vs the Cube controller - like there are things scientifically impossibe to do without said cube controller, etc.  But like I said, rules will be out soon, and we'll have the definitive answer.

PLEASE WAIT ON LINKING THIS ELSEWHERE - we need to wait till the official site is up before spreading the word on SSBB nationals - as I've been told heh.

X A

well im a dk and kirby fan i heard that alot of things are the same on the cube and chuck with that but i dont have a cub controller :( but  been playing brawl for 3 months with chuck soo im so kay

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 06:26:08 pm »

Note for everyone's safety if a man by the pseudonym "Chuck Nasty" approaches you and asks you to grab the controller out of his pocket......DON'T....IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

wiifthatsmell

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »
do we sign up on the DAY of the turny or any time before  that day

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »

wth is with that attitude? This is a qualifier for nationals, you have no idea who will show up.

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:45 pm »
It's true, no one can ever be sure if Team Freewin will show up. Always be prepared

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 02:57:09 pm »

wth is with that attitude? This is a qualifier for nationals, you have no idea who will show up.

couple of things.
1. The oklahoma brawl community has already been established.  For the most part everybody knows everybody.
2. If anybody we dont know shows up, its most likely people who didnt cut it in another state.
3. if people did come from another state, they deserve it.  which means we'd probably be 2nd 3rd or 4th still.