Author Topic: Stillwater - Street Fighter 4 + PC LAN - April 18  (Read 11351 times)

Offline brotherjoseph

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: brother-joseph
  • XBL ID: captainjoseph
Re: Stillwater - Street Fighter 4 + PC LAN - April 18
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:53 am »
Also, I totally would have gone were it not the night before the game in Jenks. I'm from around OKC, so I've (as well as all my buddies I can drag along) got to pick one hour-long drive to make during a single weekend. ^__^

Upgrayedd

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 01:15:46 am »
Yeah, due to scheduling issues and traffic in Stillwater sucking on home football game days, our fall schedule consists of about 6 or 7 possible Saturdays each year.  Spring gets thrown off by spring break (half of people are gone or don't want to to do anything) and Easter, and we can only do stuff during semesters, before pre-finals ("dead") week. 

Also, we are supposed to reserve rooms months in advance so we don't have our room bumped (which sort of worked in our favor this time, but whatever).

(We could do summer, but some people are out of town and on campus services are a little less reliable, so we stick to fall/spring for big events.)

So long story short, I'll post next fall's details soon, and if we conflict with or are close to another event date, too ♥♥♥♥♥ bad.

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:48 pm »
Theres a place in the best western hotel that banked off a lan center in there but shortly dissapeard because they said it was to stressful. Go and check it out if you want and you will probbly have tons of people go its around i44 or something like that next to the airport.
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 09:05:52 am »
The final Gamers of OSU LAN of the Spring is over.

We had 19 people on LAN in the PC section (thanks in large part to 5][, thanks guys!) and an 8 man Street Fighter 4 tournament. Speaking of which, congrats to Taylor, who convincingly worked everyone over with E. Honda. We promise we'll have better prizes next time (or a cash tourney if more people show up).

Other than throwing fuses because they usually don't even mention the Oklahoma room as an option for us (good room for a LAN actually, just reserved for dinners and whatnot), it was a great LAN, definitely the best of the semester.

We might do something small over the summer, or at least some SF4 at some point, but no more official business until August.

We're still around, so check our forums for what's up, and I'll make sure to post here with any big news or event updates.

Oh, and Ryan/Darkness is graduating, so if you see him make sure to thank/blame him for his services as an officer the last couple years.
This is good stuff. I wish I caught that there was a SF4 tourney there. I would have came for support.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center