Author Topic: Oklahoma Event Updates (NEW)  (Read 2052 times)

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Oklahoma Event Updates (NEW)
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:52:27 pm »
Back once again! (and improved)

Couldn’t make it to the MLG event? Wondering how you’re local friends and/or foes are doing at tournaments around the country? Want texts to update you on them? Want to let everyone know how your team is doing at an event? Well now you can.

All you need is a twitter account. Creating a twitter account is fast and easy, and the best part is once your signed up and following @OK_Updates you NEVER have to logon to Twitter again (if you follow through your phones texts).

This worked extremely smooth with Made You Look in Nashville and with Dallas coming out and a new game being played I anticipate a bunch of people to be going, so why not let everyone know how your doing?

If you check out www.twitter.com/OK_Updates now you can get the idea of what kind of updates will be sent out since MyL’s updates are still one there.

If you signup and do NOT subscribe your number all you need to do is go to www.twitter.com/OK_Updates on any web browser on a computer, iPad, iPod, or any phone with internet access.

If you DO signup and subscribe with your phone (no additional charges from Twitter) then you will need to do nothing to get updates. When I update the twitter, the update will be sent directly to your phone via text message. (I will NOT tweet random things)

How to signup AND subscribe your phone. (If you wish to NOT subscribe your phone all you need to do are steps 1, 2, and 6)

Step 1: (If you already have a twitter account skip to step 3)
Go to www.twitter.com and on the front page click 'Sign up now'

Step 2:
Fill out the appropriate fields

Step 3:
Click settings at the top right corner

Step 4:
Click mobile

Step 5:
Type in your phone number and then confirm your phone.

Step 6:
Go back to www.twitter.com/OK_Updates, and and click 'follow'

Step 7 AND LAST STEP!:
To the right of where you just clicked should pop up two small circles, click on them until they are BOTH green

I only have one green circle because I couldn't register my phone on another account, but if you register your phone correctly on your account there will be two circles.

Note: I will NOT be sending mass amounts of updates!

Want your team featured on the Twitter?

If your team is going to an event just message me on here and I will give you my phone number, then all you need to do is tell me your team name and team members and during the event text me with updates on your team (Ex. Lost WB1 to Heaven and Earth, Won WBR4 with a close 2-1). Once you text me I will determine what needs to be put on the Twitter.

ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK

When the Reach Beta codes came out I Retweeted 3 people, I will NOT retweet things likes this again

Don’t forget to follow @OKgamers and @HxCLANCenter[/i]

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline WhoIsBlizzard

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mvVBlizzardVvm
Re: Oklahoma Event Updates (NEW)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »
Awesome, It's that time again! Amp do you know if anyone if going to the upcoming events?

If so and you guys need a right up on the tourney and placing I will be more then happy to do it. I need to brush up on my Lit skills lol.

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »
A LOT of people will be going.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:01:01 am »
Awesome, It's that time again! Amp do you know if anyone if going to the upcoming events?

If so and you guys need a right up on the tourney and placing I will be more then happy to do it. I need to brush up on my Lit skills lol.

yep

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:03 pm »
Coool.