Author Topic: Tulsa - MvC3, Halo, Smash, SSFIV, Forza and MORE: OKg 5yr Anni at TCC - 3/26/11  (Read 61177 times)

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Current interest from Arkansas is at 6 people. We're making plans to attend as I speak.

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Is Mike Weng coming along?

I have a Salty Runback I've been meaning to do with him for over a year now.

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I'll let you know when I find out.

If not, there's always ARK III  ;)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Zolarie - that's awesome!  Thank you Game X Change!! 

Digital - look who's back!  Do you think you could help out with hardware?  We have a couple of people bringing PS3 SSF, however the more we have - the faster we can power through and handle the numbers present, and then let you guys have free play after that!  Especially with people traveling in and such, we want to do that where we can!

Wally - wow.  Thanks for assuming a bad turn out when we've already got 20+ people pre-reg'ed :)  While the free shirts could be skewing our numbers, traditionally pre-reg is about 1/4th the actual turn out, so.. . Uh.  Yea, by the normal #'s we could see 240+ people, with almost 100 halo players?  Anyway - there will be a gamer survey about payout, so please make sure you and your's weigh in there :)

Scorcher - am I behind the times on 2v2's - and you've been doing 80/20?  Also, to be frank?   Wally's not even factoring in the 500$ in hardware we are just handing 1st place Halo in Track-Scan's alone, not to mention Joe Momma's and other tournament sponsored aspects - man, talk about rude!!

Current interest from Arkansas is at 6 people. We're making plans to attend as I speak.

Awesome!  Please make sure you guys pre-reg - and PUT IN THE RIGHT CELL NUMBERS - the very REASON we have the 'cell number' field on that form?  So that if you guys run late / etc - we can call you to check on progress :)  Also, if there's anything we can do to help out, let me know!!

And I hope Mike Weng shows up, hasn't he been at like every TCC event we've done practically?  lol

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Haha for sure. I'll let them know. As for Mike, we'll see what happens haha. Med. School takes its toll, know what I mean?

Offline Wally

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT is Wah Wah Wally
    • View Profile
I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just offering a another way of awarding the money. I'm sorry if I worded it really bad. I was actually expecting a better turnout this year.  >:(

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile

Digital - look who's back!  Do you think you could help out with hardware?  We have a couple of people bringing PS3 SSF, however the more we have - the faster we can power through and handle the numbers present, and then let you guys have free play after that!  Especially with people traveling in and such, we want to do that where we can!

As long as it's settled amongst the rest that the PS3 is indeed the platform of choice and nothing else, then I wont see it as a problem to bring a TV and a PS3.

Our last foray had us congregated around TCC's gigantic Samsung TV. It was awesome, but I think it was our number one culprit as to why the SFIV tournament dragged on the way it did. I recently bought a brand new TV to replace another 42 inch I got, and I have no reservations lugging it to Downtown Tulsa, but going to the ranbats in Oklahoma City taught me that the subtle differences in the refresh rates on TV can cause a notable difference in lag, especially if you're going from TV to TV. This can cause some disorientation and I would want to avoid that as much as possible.

Regardless, I will bring the 42 inch that I have. If there is no room for a TV that sizes, then, by God, I'll make room.

Anyway, I got my paid time off request put in and I'm getting my groove back. Expect a much trickier, stronger, and more meaner Zangief this time around.

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Also, where can I find more pictures from last year?

We had a winners lineup photograph, and I never saw it.

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
Oh Baby am I ready for Street Fighter.

I'm alot better than I was last year.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just offering a another way of awarding the money. I'm sorry if I worded it really bad. I was actually expecting a better turnout this year.  >:(

Yea wally wasjust asking.. now if it was Dr. Viper I wouldve been scared. WallShot Ill let you know what Saif Has up his sleeves when we get there. if there are 16 plus teams 70/20/10 shouldnt hurt first place at all.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
going to the ranbats in Oklahoma City taught me that the subtle differences in the refresh rates on TV can cause a notable difference in lag, especially if you're going from TV to TV. This can cause some disorientation and I would want to avoid that as much as possible.

Regardless, I will bring the 42 inch that I have. If there is no room for a TV that sizes, then, by God, I'll make room.

Care to list the model? If it's an LCD, there's a 90+% chance that it's still laggy compared to an CRT.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
42 inch is going to lag... why are you bringing such a big tv? maybe it can be used for displaying brackets? Im not being rude i just know people are going to complain if they play on it
HxC LAN Center

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
42 inch is going to lag... why are you bringing such a big tv? maybe it can be used for displaying brackets? Im not being rude i just know people are going to complain if they play on it

Because it's the only thing that I got, and Saif asked me nicely to bring a rig.

I don't have many options in this regard.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center

Because it's the only thing that I got, and Saif asked me nicely to bring a rig.

I don't have many options in this regard.

Does saif know that its 42 inches? hey bring it if its cool!
HxC LAN Center