Author Topic: Tulsa - MvC3, Halo, Smash, SSFIV, Forza and MORE: OKg 5yr Anni at TCC - 3/26/11  (Read 61158 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
I got one thats 42 inches long and it doesn't lag at all, if you know what I'm saying.

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
I got one thats 42 inches long and it doesn't lag at all, if you know what I'm saying.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
lmao!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
.... wow...

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

lol - don't spam the thread with bad humor - lol.

--

TIMMY!  READ THE THREAD!  lol, don't ask people to bring hardware for just brackets, that can seem totally insulting hahah.  BAD RICKY!  Also, if you pick it up I've got a few 14 inch crt monitors you can use to dual display off your laptop.

Smoke - ahh yes, Medical school, that and WoW kill so many good fighting gamers...

Wally - well, from what I'm seeing we WILL have a good turn out from Halo players, considering very few of you ever pre-reg, and well, that means what we have seen can be tripled and be potentially accurate. 

Digital - WOAH 42 is a bit big :)   PS3 - turns out we have a solid group of SSF'ers down in OKC that assure me PS3 for this will be fine; in the future we'll be open to 360 discussions since evidently for SSF it "Truly does not matter what console, but 360 has advantages - but can also red ring" - and the MvC3 scene seems like they might go 360 for a national standard as well;  as for this event we posted so long ago ps3 that we'll stick with it, and that seemed fine by that community; which appears to be our largest / most hardcore in OK anyway.  As for the OKC Ranbats ran by Salty series, we actually approached the new version of them which makes up the group mentioned - "G-Flo", unfortunately they have declined helping out with monitors / hardware at this time for 3/26.   However, we do have ORU and OSU (heh) - bringing one setup each - so we SHOULD have a base, I just wanted to shore that up - the more setups, the faster it goes, and the more freeplay AR and others who travel can enjoy until at least 8:30pm, 9ish.  I rather you not endanger a huge TV, and to be FRANK - if we get 200+ people showing up to this plus all the sponsors/exhibitors, space will be at a premium  (it's kinda turned into a mini-convention lol).  So, instead could I talk you into coming by my house at 31st and Yale and adopting a CRT to take with you for the event?  With 200+ free shirts, my car is suddenly more full than usual, and by 'adopting a crt' for this event you'll help us effectively by providing that setup that way :)  If that's not possible please just bring your game / console, and we'll find another TV to merry it up to; most likely a CRT from this collection - make sure you bring your AV jacks!  Organization fee waived either way, thanks for being so supportive!

--

SPEAKING OF HARDWARE:

Halo - has 8 setups sponsored by HxC, as well as Game X Change getting in on that - so I don't think we need to be worried; Halo players that can, please do bring hardware so that we can blast through that FFA, and get your 2v2 finished properly.  Your 5$ organization fee is waived when we use your setups.

Brawl - seems to have at least 3 setups coming, and SSBM 2?  Those are low numbers, but I do believe Solidus is working on it - Tulsa, do we know about Josh / Chuck on hardware?  I'll bring mine of course - getting Brawl up to 4 or 5, and then we need to probably worry about Melee or?

Forza, SC4 and BB all have one setup, which should take care of it; not a huge pre-reg turn out so far for them, however we'll still be doing Round Robin's for any game that has a turnout less than 8 - so don't worry about that :)  (not to mention several new SC players and that drunk Tekken player's challenge I shall not let disappear :) )

SSF - unless something happens - should have AT LEAST 3 setups, so we should be well off there.

MvC though - is my concern now.  1.5 - as Timmy lists his for both BB and MvC.  THE PROBLEM with organizing tournaments for new games - we don't know who "the community" is yet, making it hard to know who to work to get hardware out... 

MARVEL PLAYERS - can I get a few of you that own PS3 to bring setups?
(a setup = a TV, console and game)
2 to 3 setups should do it unless we have a serious last minute turn out.  Solidus is bringing one, so we really just need one to two more.  Please consider helping us out here - the more hardware we have, the faster it goes, and that means the more freeplay you'll have after the tournament, and before the event ends.  We WILL BE WAIVING the 5$ organization fee for anyone that brings a setup we use.  Speak up so we know, we want to make sure we have no issues come event day!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
No we do need more monitors and setups so if we get 16 total that would be great. Also sorry if i seemed insulting.   :-\
HxC LAN Center

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Saif- I'll talk to the Arkansas crew. We have several people that are coming that have PS3s with Marvel. How many setups do you want and what are the rules on DLC characters?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Saif- I'll talk to the Arkansas crew. We have several people that are coming that have PS3s with Marvel. How many setups do you want and what are the rules on DLC characters?

Good question!
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

PS3's - YAY!  I just don't want to be underprepared for one of the first MvC3 events in the area - so around 3 should be okay, I just wanted to make sure we had more than 1 or 2.

As far as Rules, working with the hardcore 2D players in OKC - this is what I've got so far:

SSF4:

* Double elimination
* 99 seconds
* 2/3 rounds
* 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals)
* You may request blind pick for first game
* No turbo allowed
* Winner of each game must keep same character choice, but may change ultra choice if opponent changes character
* Pausing game results in forfeiture of round, unless the opponent agrees to continue or the pause clearly did not affect gameplay (e.g., during ultra animation)

MvC3:

* Double elimination
* 99 seconds
* 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals)
* You may request blind pick for first game
* No turbo allowed
* Winner of each game must keep same character/assist choices
* Simple mode not allowed
* Pausing game results in forfeiture of game, unless the opponent agrees to continue or the pause clearly did not affect gameplay (e.g., during level 3 hyper animation)

Add to both:

WHEN PAUSING IS ALLOWED: Pausing is only acceptable at the beginning of the match set, if declared by either or both players to allow for configuring buttons.  Simply rematch afterwards, and start your match.

-The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

- You are responsible for labelling and bringing your own controller to all tournaments; please keep track of them at all times, as organizers, venue, and their sponsors are not responsible for lost controllers, etc.

--

No mention of the DLC, I'll ask them about that now...  Thoughts from you guys / the National community weighed in yet?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
lol you know me saif... The resident 360 fighter.. lawl...

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
National community- Nothing because there hasn't been a national tournament since the release of DLC and the BIG tournament (Evolution 2011) isn't until late July.

Local communities- I know some Texas tournaments are banning DLC characters because they feel like it's too early to allow them. I also think that solves the problem of getting enough setups since DLC is no longer required. HOWEVER, as a TO myself, I do not like banning anything that's completely fair. I think DLC are a part of the game and competitors should know how to fight them on Day 1, so we aren't banning DLC characters at our tournament. I think it's your call.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
i think DLC is totally fine, the ONLY downfall of it being a non-requirement are people who do use them and can play them, not the people to don't play against them and don't know how

Offline Wally

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT is Wah Wah Wally
    • View Profile
Is the halo tournament going to be single or double elimination?

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
As a TO I'm fine with DLC unless otherwise noted by national standards. Even if someone is banned I will sometimes allow at local tourneys since stakes are lower and games are  more friendly. At this tournament, my setup has the DLC so if its otherwise unavailable then anyone maining Shuma/Jill can use mine.

How many people is AR coming with? Anyone for Smash? I dunno if I can get my doubles partner to go to ARK with me, so I might need a Melee team mate (preferable Marth or Fox, I play peach).

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, I forgot to inform the Smash community of this event. I'm not sure if they know about it. Did you tell the Arkansas thread on Smashboards?