Author Topic: Tokyo In Tulsa thread?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
Tokyo In Tulsa thread?
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:13:25 am »
I'm sure its easily found but where is the Tokyo in Tulsa tournament thread?

If we can do it, I'd like to run an officially sponsored League of Legends tournament 5v5 at Tokyo in Tulsa, that is provided we can get the space for lan setups.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Tokyo In Tulsa thread?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 02:24:31 am »

As the site states, we'll get the majority of the gaming schedules up July 1st;  Game room listings overall going up soon.

http://tokyointulsa.com/

--

As for adding an entirely new section - aka LAN?  Less than 60 days out, we just can't do that.  Tokyo in Tulsa sees thousands of people in attendance, and is a year round planning process; we've already locked down space for 50+ gaming LCD's and consoles, a large RPG section, and CCG area - LAN just doesn't have any space.  (same console hardare to be at AKON, plus HxC, and a few others.)

On top of that - LAN has had ZERO support at most events.  This makes sense - because USUALLY a convention needs help with hardware, PC's etc - and that needs a core local group to work with, get interest up through, etc.  Without a group to work with, it's just near impossible to do.

In the last 5 years of organizing OKgamers, and gaming in the Tulsa area - I've ran into ZERO PC LAN groups.  Sure one would pop up once in a while, but like smoke, quickly dissipate when approached.  There are other groups in the state that deal with PC - but do not travel.   I won't even go INTO how many times I've secured LAN space at events like TnT and Defcon - and then had a Tulsa group cancel on me, lol.

...so - LAN has no pre-determined space this year.

That said - 2012 will begin planning this year right after June 17th;  the CCG and RPG'ers already have contracts / deals pending lol.

You want a LAN area - get it in early, and let us know what kind of organization we can throw together - OKgamers will get the space if we know people care.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:41 am »
i still require a POST in a thread here that resembles a tournament plan with all info and sponsors so I can post it places man

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 03:57:37 am »
i still require a POST in a thread here that resembles a tournament plan with all info and sponsors so I can post it places man

And you are totally right - we need to get that up.  Eric and Justen - the concom over night / day console gaming - met today - and will be getting on that ASAP - even though it says July 1st, we'll be getting up sooner.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!