Author Topic: Pathfinder at SoonerCon, Tokyo in Tulsa  (Read 2588 times)

Offline legalbeagle

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Pathfinder at SoonerCon, Tokyo in Tulsa
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:59:38 pm »
All,

I just learned that SoonerCon will be doing Pathfinder Society organized play all three days of the event.

Since Tokyo in Tulsa only has one White Wolf Game advertised for its Tabletop area, I'm asking for everyone who has posted regarding Pathfinder help me in bringing Pathfinder Society organized play to Tokyo in Tulsa.

I'm presently in conversations with the event staff about making this happen and would like to have some bodies/support to follow through.

If you have any interest or availability, please message me.

Thanks,
Legalbeagle

Offline legalbeagle

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder at SoonerCon, Tokyo in Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:07:36 am »
All,

Given the "need more players" posts I see frequently, I would love to see some interest in making Pathfinder Society at Tokyo in Tulsa a success! I have three (including myself) interested in running tables and could definitely use some experienced players to keep the tables busy and help new players learn the ropes.

Please PM if interested -- again, you needn't commit to GMing.. Just showing up and playing would be a huge help.

Best,
Legalbeagle

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:17 am »

How did Soonercon go?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline legalbeagle

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »
X_A,

Sorry for the late reply!

I have some positive things to say about SoonerCon in general: the event was held in a nice venue, the organizers seemed interested, and there was some effort to promote Pathfinder play. The con was not nearly as busy/crowded as expected. I was unaware that there was a cosplay component. It appears even the cosplayers were caught by surprise -- there were less than twenty entries into the costume contest.

Some observations: the gaming area was not run by event staff, so it was largely "play where you can find a seat". Again, my interest is in Pathfinder, so I was disappointed that some of the games were homebrew rather than Pathfinder Society-sanctioned scenarios that afforded advancement opportunities for my character.

I am a very outgoing, extroverted person so I made efforts to enjoy myself and find things to do -- people who are looking for programmed/scheduled activities would find it difficult to participate.

I believe it's a worthwhile event to attend if you live in the Oklahoma City metro area, but would not consider it to be a "regional" con that would provide enough to justify a three-day hotel stay.