Author Topic: Tulsa - OVGE 2006 Annoucement! - August 19th, 2006  (Read 3772 times)

Offline CrossBow

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Tulsa - OVGE 2006 Annoucement! - August 19th, 2006
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:38:46 pm »
It has been a very busy year with a lot of changes for me. However, it is time once again...:

Attention all classic video game players!

You have asked and been anxiously waiting! So without delay...

Welcome to the Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition 2006!

Tulsa, OK – On August 19, 2006 Atari, Coleco, Mattel, Nintendo, Sega and many more of your favorite classic gaming systems will once again rise from history in all their glory as the Marriott Tulsa Southern Hills Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma will be host to the forth annual Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition organized for the mid-American states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and beyond!
Plenty of space left so be sure to reserve now if you are interested in being a part of Mid-America's most anticipated annual event!
We also will have a need for a couple of volunteers this year to assist with marketing and during the event. Please contact us through the OVGE website if you are interested in being a volunteer.

Tounaments to take place will include the usual classic gaming tourney, and possibly a guitar heroes tourney to take place. More will be added as they are decided upon.

The Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition is a gathering of collectors, video game enthusiasts, and vendors coming together to show, trade, buy, sell and have an incredible time!

Check the OVGE website for full details and be sure to check often for updates as they happen.

Click here for the full Press Release.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:34:30 pm »
Hey - this sounds great btw, and I'm looking forward to it!  Did you get my email through the site?

Also - could you please go ahead and edit in "Tulsa -" or such into your title, and throw the date on at the end?  This keeps entries easier to read through and see what's going on!

X A
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

hozanto

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 02:39:44 pm »
I will have my Street Fighter table again this year and possibly a tournament.

Offline Pinkie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:01:41 pm »
I'm excited and can't wait. Looking forward to my first year here.

The_gamers_Messiah360

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:18:49 pm »
Yay for video games!!!

LiSyaoran

Re: Tulsa - OVGE 2006 Annoucement! - August 19th, 2006
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 05:47:49 am »
Ummmm....   Its in November........

Offline CrossBow

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 11:55:04 am »
No it is in August...

First two shows in '03 and '04 were in September. Last year it was in June, this year...I chose August. I would love to keep the same month, but I have to work within the schedule of the Hotel and my own life. I was away on business during the first two months of this year, so I couldn't have planned a June show as I wouldn't have had enough time to prepare properly.

Rest assured, the Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition (OVGE) is August 19th, 2006 at the Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills Hotel.

This event is different from the one that Normal Lan is hosting in OKC. That is largely a PC and Console LAN tournament. My event focuses more on the classic consoles and some modern systems with a few small tourneys througout the day. Kinda like a walking, breathing, fully living musuem dedicated to the history of video games as a whole. This is the 4th year for the OVGE.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 12:01:24 pm by CrossBow »

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:08:30 pm »
So sad, I don't come back into town until Aug 20th so I shall miss this lovely event  :'(
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

hozanto

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 08:03:52 pm »
8 days left until OVGE  :o