Author Topic: Tulsa - Minicon 6 (Naruto 4 / DDR / GH / SSBM / GGXX / SC2,SC3 ) - 8/4/07  (Read 11721 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
So, why don't I see any mention of Tekken at this event??

p.s. I heard Saif totally sucks at Soul Calibur.

*I HEARD* he can beat you one handed.  Guess we'll see this Saturday :-P

--

GEEZ Steeel - it's at 21st and Yale - hit up the myspace they have for directions / etc.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
lmao me and icy needed to know.

$h@vi$

I'm from Tulsa and I'm looking forward to the GH2 tournament, but I've never played in any before, and I was curious as to how the songs are selected. If 2 players are dueling, then who picks the song? Is it just random? Oh, and another question...why not play the final round on Expert?  ;D

Thanks for your time, and I'm really glad I found this website!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
I'm from Tulsa and I'm looking forward to the GH2 tournament, but I've never played in any before, and I was curious as to how the songs are selected. If 2 players are dueling, then who picks the song? Is it just random? Oh, and another question...why not play the final round on Expert?  ;D

Thanks for your time, and I'm really glad I found this website!

Hey, welcome to the site!  Make sure to hit up the how you found us link in my signature :)

Oh, and always - if you love the site - SHARE IT!  We have a myspace, flyers at the events we go to, and a easy to remember web url - please share the site as much as possible, so it can become the resource to make Oklahoma more networked, and more fun to live in!

GH - Songs - are usually determined by a select group of players, to maintain fairness, and quality of what everyone will play.  So - we get a list together, and then the players play what we've choosen, etc.

Final round may actually be played on expert - I might have been too nice choosing the rules ;)  We'll see!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

$h@vi$

Alright, I'll be sure to share the site with my friends; and also to add you to my myspace friends. lol

Ok, that definitely sounds like a more than fair way to determine the song list. :)
Haha, well...I guess I shouldn't complain about playing on hard...no sense making it harder for myself. lol

Oh, one more thing...I saw you recommend for people to bring their own controllers. Are you going to have extra Guitars for GH2??
I only ask this because my little brother is planning on playing in the tournament...and we only have one controller. lol So, just curious!
Thanks for all your help!

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
I'm going to try to drag The Rev and Tony to this for hot GGXX / SC2 / SC3 action.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Alright, I'll be sure to share the site with my friends; and also to add you to my myspace friends. lol

Oh, one more thing...I saw you recommend for people to bring their own controllers. Are you going to have extra Guitars for GH2??
I only ask this because my little brother is planning on playing in the tournament...and we only have one controller. lol So, just curious!
Thanks for all your help!
We appreciate you taking the time!  Every bit of help counts!

Controllers - we'll do our best to have extra's, but bringing your own is encouraged because we cannot gurantee having one for everyone, the condition of the controllers we do have, etc.  If nothing else - we'd do our best to make sure and not schedule you and your bro playing at the same time ;)

I'm going to try to drag The Rev and Tony to this for hot GGXX / SC2 / SC3 action.

WHAT WHAT WHAT?  I might have some - COMPETITION?

Well.  If we took you 3 hasbins and boiled you into one, I'd say I had some :)

Anyway, bring it.   I'll see my old Nat's 2 sparing partner, and his 2 friends then.  Rev - the 50/50 whore, and Tony, "If only he'd play someone other than Raph".  Ahh, the good ol' days.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

hozanto

I will be there.  A friend of mine will have a table set up and doing drawings for people.  I am supposed to be helping him out somehow.  He was at my table at last year's OKVE doing the same thing.  Sadly, I've been told that this year's OKVE will be cancelled.  I believe that the PGA tourney is the culprit.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

HALO PLAYERS -

Limited time offer:  If you have a complete setup we can use for the day (Xbox, h2, 19" or so TV, and at least one controller) I can get you a free pass into Minicon. 

A - good for the first 4 to 6 people that contact me
B - WE WOULD PREFER to get everything setup Friday night, around 8 or 9pm, so spread the word.
C - if we do not have enough setups by game day, we'll still look to add consoles.

Contact me for more details / to get this deal -
Before Friday at 6pm - PM me
After Friday at 6pm - AIM me - 'mobilesaif'

Somehow we fell shorter on halo equipment than I'd like, but hopefully this'll take care of that!  Spread the word to your halo friends, and we'll see you Saturday!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Icychiller

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Hitech redneck gamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Icychiller
us halo players r special we need extra tlc  ::)

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Minicon is OVER for this year!  Next year, we'll have Minicon+, aka Defcon, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!  For now - let's hear what you guys thought of this year!

Tournament aftermath posts start here.

[We are all really tired, but hope everyone had fun!  We look forward to hearing what you guys had to say, and what the thoughts of all your friends were on Minicon!  Keep in mind, the staff don't get to hear anything as we stayed in the gaming area all day heh]

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Dragon

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR
I was so close to winning in GHII
I almost had it
I sould'nt have let him pick the song ,but hey next time I'll win it!

Castor

Too bad I left the Smash Tourney. I think I would've won. I hadn't lost any of the ffa's, but the tourney was going long and I had another commitment. I heard the person I let back in the winner's bracket ended up winning. Haha, you're welcome, whoever you are :-)

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Dragon - what did you end up placing?

Castor - OHH SO YOUR MATT THEN ARENT YOU!@##  BOOO CASTOR BOO!@#

Yea, his friends complained till the other players didn't care, and he was let in to replace you -_-;;

BOO! lool  Oh well, did you guys all have fun?

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Yeah I would have stuck around just to watch Dragon play, if I ever enter a tourney with him there I'll just go ahead and forfeit.

Yeah the whole Con was pretty fun, but OKGamers could have used a WHOLE lot more spcae, we were just crammed in like sardines and the space we had was pretty big. But all in all good times.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.