Author Topic: Durant- Halo 3 Tournament - October 6th  (Read 4182 times)

Young Cous

Durant- Halo 3 Tournament - October 6th
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:40:32 pm »
Legends of Halo Tournaments Beginning Saturday October 6th at 4 p.m. at the Durant Country Club.

Featuring 4v4 (1st=$400), 2v2 (1st=$200), and FFA Slayer game divisions!!

Cash Prizes!!

Halo 3 edition Xbox 360 given away to FFA slayer winner!

$20 per person entry, and $10 to play in other game Divisions. (1 player can play in all three for $40)

**all prizes and giveaways are based on number of participants, so bring friends!!**

call or txt Jay B at Whats A Name Entertainment 214 732 4493 for registration and questions.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:12:52 pm by Rislone »

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Re: Durant- Halo 3 Tournament - October 6th
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:15:56 pm »
Hi welcome to the site. I modified your topic to reflect the date to keep with the naming convention for City - Game - Time. Good job for first tourney post though :)

hit up this link to drop us a line on how you heard about us and to introduce yourself:

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=166.0
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:21:17 pm »
♥♥♥♥♥ no....2 far....its almost as far as driving from okc to tulsa and okc to lawton combined
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Young Cous

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:28:22 am »
♥♥♥♥♥ no....2 far....its almost as far as driving from okc to tulsa and okc to lawton combined

For real, if its too far why post anything? why not ignore it? Somebody in like Woodward or Guymon could say the same thing.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 06:14:20 am »

Hypno - Keep in mind - OK stands for Oklahoma.  Not just your city ;)  ALSO - for the love of pete, we keep the STRICT TITLE RULES - so you can EASILY see it's Durant, Tulsa, Etc - so you don't have to even look in the thread to determine distance -_-!@#  Please refrain from posting discouraging stuff like that in the future, we aren't looking for anyones personal rankings on an event - we are just a site to help get the word out and be a central PLACE for that kinda info.  Even though those might have been your first thoughts, please don't post negative stuff that would keep someone else from posting about thier event.  Seriously, this stuff matters to us - we beg and plead and do WAY too much effort to get the word out, to have people turned away once they get to the site.

Young Cous - Hey, and welcome to the site!  Sorry about that post, sometimes gamers, especially those that love the bigger games like Halo and Smash - kinda talk before thinking -_-  If you'd like us to delete the last few posts to clean up your thread let us know!  And thanks for posting about your event on the site, I assure you more than just this guy is reading your thread ;)  We seem to have a LARGE group of lurkers, that just show up to events, and never even signup / post -_- lool.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

vVv Zeppelin

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:19:03 pm »
Too close, lol. Maybe the next one.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:09:46 pm »
well i thought durant wasnt that far when i looked at this topic at first ...then i mapquested it

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 03:19:48 pm »
Me and my team will try to make it out there if I can get off work.  But I dont think it was the smartest business decision to hold your tournament on OU/TX saturday...    Also is the 360 a guaranteed prize for FFA or is there a minimum amount of entries before its a prize?

Young Cous

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 06:04:23 pm »
Well right now its a go. I have about 40 people at the least pre-registered. Whether or not they show up is not in my control but for the number of calls, questions, and requests to register I have gotten the prizes will at least be $400 for 4v4, $200 for 2v2, and the 360 will be given away. Keep in mind these are the mininum prizes. The more people the more money.

slipknot0129

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 08:11:06 pm »
wish i had the money to do it my friend might do it im coming to his house in durant

Young Cous

Durant Halo 3 October 6th
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 01:28:42 pm »
   Well considering I put this thing on from scratch by myself, I am pretty pleased from the turn out I had and the results despite what a couple of disgruntled players had the nerve to txt me after they left early. They were eliminated early and decided not to participate in the rest of the events they paid for. I refunded half their entry fee by the way, and I don't know how many tournament directors would do that, I know not many.
   If it wasn't for the racial slurs they msg me after they left, cause im black, i wouldn't do this but here goes: Caleb Thompson (918-439-6313), and Brent Cartwright (918-346-9702) both with "Team Genocide". These 2 players are very immature, and very poor sports and intentionally urinated all over one of the bathrooms. Their main complaint was that the matches were splitcreen, which I can understand, but they even asked before hand if it was gonna be split screen before they came and I didnt lie to them because I told them yes. Then they complained about MLG rules settings. Seeing as how MLG has not come out with complete settings yet for Halo 3 I had used what they had came up with to this point. I posted their name and numbers so other directors can be warned about possible behavior problems and vandalism.
   Now back to the good things, because other than those 2 players, it was actually a pretty competitive and enjoyable event. Team "Nextep" almost ran the table. They won the 4v4 and 2v2 and came in 2nd in the FFA. The halo 3 edition 360 was given away to the FFA winner also. Other Top Teams were "Reactive", "Legend", and "NPBA". If any of these teams want to attend one of your events make sure they get in. They have good character, good sportanship, and great skill.
   And since everybody was askin me when thes next tournament was, The tentative date for the next one is Saturday, November 3. By then I will have teamed up with Luther, Damon, and Aaron of NPBA to provide a better experience featuring 16 360s and 16 Tvs for fullscreen play of all matches. So mark it on your calender. Ill officially post it once I know I have the venue so thanks again to everyone that showed up. And for winning 4v4, being a top team, and being a general good sport, Teams "Nextep", "Legend", "Reactive", and "NPBA" are being rewarded with EXTREMELY reduced entry fees for the next tourney.  ;)

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 07:02:06 pm »

Refunding after they lose / participate in the event?  Is pretty nice yea.

Racial slurs - are REDICULOUS.

While this forum is not a event rating site, or a place for people to do much other than network or post events, I WILL make sure my halo guys hear about your issues, and they don't feel welcome at any event I personally throw / that we know they show up to - if they would, etc.

If it makes you feel any better - one reason I HEAVILY point out on any even thread 'OKgamers' staff throws the lack of charging, fact we volunteer - etc?  Is because I've had HORRIBLE SSBM players that think they are ENTITLED to tournaments being thrown for them, and halo / other gamers that whine whine whine -_-  It's no fun to think your going out of the way to throw an event for them, and they don't help, they hurt lol.  Sure feedback is great!  But when it crosses the line like they did, they should be banned from future events imo.

Great to hear you had a good tourny, and you might make your thread in the hype forum about the new one, and once your ready to / edit in details to make it a fully planned out event, we can just move it to the tourny forum :)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 12:50:08 am »
wow thats pretty messed up that they said that(yes im black also) let me just say this before i go......
WHY DO ALOT OF YOU PEOPLE TALK S*** ON LIVE BUT NOT IN REAL LIFE........I MEAN IM NOT EVEN BIG.....SO I KNOW THAT YOU PEOPLE CANT BE SCARED.....YOU SAY THE N WORD AND WHAT NOT BUT I HAVE YET TO FIND SOMEONE WITH THE BALLS TO ACTUALLY SAY THAT TO MY FACE.....

but neways good job on the tourney and dont worry about them...like lil wayne said: keep your head up like your nose is bleeding.

hYpRiD

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 03:46:09 pm »
Those kids are just pissed off because they got beat first round by us ;D

Nice tournament tho keep me posted on the next one
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:48:10 pm by hYpRiD »

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 06:23:40 pm »
Those kids are just pissed off because they got beat first round by us ;D

Nice tournament tho keep me posted on the next one

Well - and I'm serious - if you ever come to an event "OKgamers" is hosting - aka the staff, myself, etc are throwing - and you see those guys?  LET US KNOW.  Racial tolerance should come STANDARD in any gamer, and I wouldn't want serious hate monging happening at a event we throw.  I'm serious - that's just horrible.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals