Author Topic: Games aren't what they use to be  (Read 23012 times)

Offline Billy Mays

• Official OKgamer
  • More like Wrath of the Burger King
    • View Profile
Re: Games aren't what they use to be
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »
aaha resident evil

oh resident evil 5

not even a survival horror, moreso an fps

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 07:36:13 pm »
Okay Bees McGee... I bought this so called Demon's Souls should have it in 7-8 days. If it lets me down... I will hunt for you.

oh what the heck do you just throw money around all the time or something?

room 277 stout hall OSU

come throw some money at me

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:57 pm »

Bipolar, I have to agree; games are not what they used to be.  BUT, there are the gems that make you keep playing video games, such as Uncharted 1 & 2, Fallout 3, anything that is immersive and SINGLE PLAYER.

neither uncharted is very immersive. they feel more like nice movies to me. also probably doesnt help that they arent first person, fp helps with immersion, like in fo3

Personal opinion, a lot of times for me, it is the actual players in a game SUCH AS Modern Warfare 2, the IQ if combined by all players would most likey equal 10.  I got so sick of the horrible trash talk, the yelling, no teamwork, it drove me to not want to play mulitplayer games anymore, except for Left 4 Dead 2, cant keep me from killing zombahs!

i think we have had this discussion before, but you are on a console, which i have noticed is the problem here. i play all of my multiplayer games that arent fighters on computer and very rarely do i have the sorts of problems you mentioned, but when i played on live or psn it was terrible. i wanted to get my throttling gloves and choke some nerds

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 02:32:52 am »
Might as well throw it at something... minus you tho. Doesn't seem like a good investment.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:03 am »
First Person is trash, limited gameplay options.

Uncharted 2 is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥ good, i didn't play 1 because I didn't care and I still didn't about 2 but someone let me borrow it and well I was glad to see it wasn't trash in all aspects.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:00 am »
Might as well throw it at something... minus you tho. Doesn't seem like a good investment.

this is funny because theoretically you did throw it at me, since you invested it in a game that i heavily recommended

also i resent that

Most First Person is trash, limited gameplay options.

Uncharted 2 is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥ good, i didn't play 1 because I didn't care and I still didn't about 2 but someone let me borrow it and well I was glad to see it wasn't trash in all aspects.

corrected first sentence for you

and be glad you skipped one, it wasnt that good

also i was wondering when you would show up

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:03 pm »
Well technically (which always > theory) I didn't throw it at you unless you are the game developer or I bought it from you... bc you sir will not see a dime of the profit. Plus I really wouldn't have bought it from just your say so.. it seems to me you just like to see yourself type, but the same title came up on another forum talking about more difficult game.

/face palm

DarkWraith56

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 12:56:52 pm »
we need to go back to even FFX. Seriously like the Seymour MT. gagazet fight, everyone knows that fight is like 75% luck, 10% skill, and 15% unknown.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:25 pm »
no bees I didn't mean FPS, as in shooters or any specific game, I mean the FIRST PERSON perspective in it's entirety. ANY game that is in First Person is trash in my opinion, the only thing it can do well is shooters and shooters aren't fun to me unless they're over the shoulder so that cancels that. Mirrors Edge proved that parkour can't be done in first person and that crap is required for most action/adventure and platformers so First Person can shove it. Same with fighting games, all that crap with Wii boxing or anything that comes close is going to suck because it's just boring.

and DarkWraith are you telling me that you had a hard time with that fight in FFX?  FFX in it's entirety was too easy. FFXIII is harder than it ever was and even than it's only because FFXIII focuses on experimentation. If you followed the INSTA-WIN paradigms than there isn't going to be much fun in it of course.  This goes for you too bunny.

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 01:55:55 pm »
Insta-win? Why don't we just not use paradigms at all.. and maybe no potions... or anything!! weeeeeee. tri-medic tactic!! ahhhh. FF13 is a joke and if you think its hard I laugh at yee. I had a harder time catching a chocobo in FF7 then playing the entire FF13 game. wa ha ha.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 02:04:22 pm »
Its obvious that we all need to be playing rhythm games, like DDR! :D doooo eeettt they keep getting harder and harder :D

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 02:05:59 pm »
but.... I can't dance and lack rhythm... fail to me

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 02:17:21 pm »
Lol i didn't say it was hard, just harder than X because X sure wasn't.

FFXIII was designed for experimentation through the paradigms, and if people don't do that than they're sort of missing the point. The biggest issue is that that is MOST people lol. You'll find a combo that's friggin perfect, mash X (or A) and breeze through the game. The same thing happened with FFXII where you had a perfect combo of Gambits set up so that you DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO HIT X. It would just win itself lol. But again if you actually go out of your way to try all the combos and stuff than oh snap you've got something worth doing.

But again if you don't like experimentation than it's gonna be hard wanting to play FFXIII for so long.  That and the weapon system is trash in XIII, tried to make that experiment heavy too but if you do that AND keep giving new weapons in general to your party than you're just begging for a time waster.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »

white people

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »

white people

gasp!, where?