Author Topic: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - H3 4v4/FFA/1v1 - 6/27/09  (Read 72968 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - H3 4v4/FFA - 6/27/09
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 08:59:59 am »
first off FINALLY. second of all....the biltmore??? really? thats the only place you could find? lol its the biggest hotel in the state.... start looking now for the next venue so we dont have to pay an entry fee next time please.....

Ill be entering both tourneys btw.
Yes... all the other venues had ridiculous rules for ridiculous prices. HxC does not like charging a door fee but this time its necessary. We like to keep our events in certain areas for our events. Its a reason why some events that are hosted have a good venue but alot of no shows. If you know a place thats better in OKC feel free to send me a PM. If our leasing company will allow us to use the future hxc spot we will use that but so far that is a more then likely a NO GO. See you there Jester. Also is your team bringing a full set up?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:03:19 am by Timmy Skorcher »
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 10:08:32 pm »
first off FINALLY. second of all....the biltmore??? really? thats the only place you could find? lol its the biggest hotel in the state.... start looking now for the next venue so we dont have to pay an entry fee next time please.....

Ill be entering both tourneys btw.
Yes... all the other venues had ridiculous rules for ridiculous prices. HxC does not like charging a door fee but this time its necessary. We like to keep our events in certain areas for our events. Its a reason why some events that are hosted have a good venue but alot of no shows. If you know a place thats better in OKC feel free to send me a PM. If our leasing company will allow us to use the future hxc spot we will use that but so far that is a more then likely a NO GO. See you there Jester. Also is your team bringing a full set up?

I Agree With Timmy,  Its so hard to find a place that is "Reasonable" in price and yet large enough to hold everyone. (And Support the Electrical)  The Biltmore was my 2nd Choice when I did Plasma Burn.  And Should of been My First Choice.  It cost just as much (with a discount even) to rent the Mustang Community Center as it would of for the Biltmore.  And the Electric as we all know Sucked @ the community Center.  The Biltmore is known for doing Trade shows so they show not have any Electrical issues. and Parking should be Plentiful.

Venues are expensive no matter where you rent them at. In order to put more money in the winners pocket you gotta charge to pay for the overhead. else its like donating a ton of cash and volunteering your personal time to do a tournament. I donate my time, and then if i can make back my overhead and break even. Then Great!  if not then its going to take that much longer to save up the cash to pay for another venue.

So Until The HxC crew gets their "own" place a venue door fee is almost an absolute must. Unless someone can find a "free" location or a business willing to let us use there facilities for a tournament, then Im sure the HxC guys would seriously look at it. I Know i would.  But im sure the HxC guys are closing to getting a Building for the Lan Center.

doing good Timmy (btw we need to meet up sometime so we can get your stuff sorted we discussed)

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 10:39:14 pm »
We Sure do need to meet up! lol. Would this saturday be a good day for You?

Offline JEST3R 4d3

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 03:10:14 am »
well i dont have a team to come with as of right now, but i've been talking to some people, we'll see what happens, you know i'll find a team, just not sure who EXACTLY that team will be. but i would assume that my team would be able to bring setups. I can certainly bring mine, and its the same as your good station.
G Wade is my daddy
Hummp is my mommy
Viper is my Lover (that's a heart joke....get it?)
Walter is my Hagrid
And I was adopted by Hypnotic

(I had to clear up the double daddy thing, and I'm nowhere near being black, so you can see how this works out perfectly)

CHADDDDDD IS MY HEROOOOOO!

Offline JEST3R 4d3

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 03:11:15 am »
im surprised more people havent posted here yet, everyone has been begging for a tournament for awhile now.....
G Wade is my daddy
Hummp is my mommy
Viper is my Lover (that's a heart joke....get it?)
Walter is my Hagrid
And I was adopted by Hypnotic

(I had to clear up the double daddy thing, and I'm nowhere near being black, so you can see how this works out perfectly)

CHADDDDDD IS MY HEROOOOOO!

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 07:26:42 am »
Alright people! You can now register your 4v4 teams for the online event! We are going to leave the post open for a little while to give people a chance to get their teams together! Here is where you register - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2333.0.html

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 08:08:25 am »
im surprised more people havent posted here yet, everyone has been begging for a tournament for awhile now.....

I know. I think everyone is just getting their teams together. We are going to be passing out more okgamers.com flyers and hxc tournament flyers. So more then likely 16 teams will be there.
Thanks! Fury, can you help out at our tourney at all? We are going to use a projector this time to post the brackets via slide show so who ever is running the brackets wont get distracted.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:23:42 am by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 11:18:49 am »
Ok guys we just posted the Round by Round gametypes up in the Local Players section! Heres the link - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2334.0.html

Offline OU Roye

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:32 am »
When is the online tournament

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 12:50:05 pm »
When is the online tournament
Time and date has not been set but Here is where you register - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2333.0.html
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 02:19:43 pm »

I know. I think everyone is just getting their teams together. We are going to be passing out more okgamers.com flyers and hxc tournament flyers. So more then likely 16 teams will be there.
Thanks! Fury, can you help out at our tourney at all? We are going to use a projector this time to post the brackets via slide show so who ever is running the brackets wont get distracted.

Yea Man I Think I Can help ya Out. As long as nothing comes up between now and then.. Only thing I Have pending is a tentative date on some folks coming from our FAA Tech Center the week of June 22nd, But could slip into the weekend / the next week.  But Im confident they will come the week of June 22. So I Should be good to go.

Offline obituareez

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15:27 pm »

to be honest dude.. the oklahoma halo scene has declined since last summer.. ♥♥♥♥, i remember when me, you, hypnotic, raider, simiyic, myztique, etc. would play like all day every day last year.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 11:52:14 pm »
the known Halo scene has died down a bit but the Oklahoma Halo scene as a whole has grown immensly. I know that there is going to be a lot of new faces at this next tournament.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 01:16:22 am »

to be honest dude.. the oklahoma halo scene has declined since last summer.. ♥♥♥♥, i remember when me, you, hypnotic, raider, simiyic, myztique, etc. would play like all day every day last year.
No shoutout :(
ya I can't wait to see what new talent will come out '09...
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline xShock N

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 03:49:36 am »
Hey everybody! I'm new to OKGamers forums. But I got an XBL message from the LAN Center informing me about the June event! I'll be there! :)