Author Topic: OKgamers.com 2012 RULESET: Super Smash Bros Brawl aka SSBB - 1v1, 2v2  (Read 3553 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
OKgamers supports National community standards; we want OK to be competitive when they travel out.  We want OK to be competitive, so we use standards that allow out of state players to come in, and trust that we work by the proper rules.

These can be discussed

General:

3 stock
8 min. time limit
Team Attack ON
Pause OFF (if possible)
Items set to OFF and NONE

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Other allowed stages:

Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise

Set procedure:

0. In case of disputes, before, during, or after character selection:
0.1. controller ports are decided via coin flip (in doubles, the winner of the decision only selects the first to connect of the four ports), or other random methods if agreed by both sides.
0.2. in doubles, any player can make any opposing team with a Lucario, Sonic, or Pokémon Trainer change team color (also known as the Colorblind Rule).
0.3. if disputing the first characters to be played in a set, one side must blind pick by writing down or privately disclosing the name of their character(s), and reveal character choice after the opponent selects character(s).
1. Character selection.
2. The Starter Stage to be played on is agreed upon, selected through RANDOM, or each player strikes one until one remains.
3. The winner of the previous match may ban a stage for the remainder of the set.
4. The loser of the previous match declares the stage in which the next match will take place.
5. The winner of the previous match selects character.
6. The loser of the previous match selects character.

Rules and clauses:

Double Meta Knight is banned in doubles.
Pause Rules: A player that pauses the game while all characters are under player control must self-destruct a stock, or let the game finish in case of an inevitable win/loss. A referee may opt for no penalty in case of a pause not affecting the match (for example, during KOs in singles matches). Otherwise, pausing is allowed if agreed by both players.
DSR (Dave's Stupid Rule): Unless agreed otherwise by opposing sides, no player/team may select a stage they have won on during the current set.
Ledge Clause (LGL, ledge grab limit): If a player exceeds 35 ledge grabs (13 in one stock rematches) they will automatically lose the match. This is ONLY in the event of a timeout. If both players exceed the limit the winner will be decided by the tie breaking rules.
Tiebreaking: If the time runs out, the winner is decided in descending order by Ledge Clause (whoever exceeds it loses; in doubles it counts as broken by the team if either of its members breaks it), then stocks (the sum of the team in doubles), then percentage (the sum of the team in doubles). If both players/teams lose their last stock at the same time, or a match was completely tied upon time out, Sudden Death's result is taken into consideration; or a 1 stock match with 3 minute time limit is played (to the TO's discretion). Hanging on the ledge more than once during Sudden Death counts as a forfeit.
Stalling is banned: It's forbidden to stall the match with freezing characters, unreachable positioning, or infinite locks. A KO move must be dealt around 300% tops following a lock.
Understage travel clause: Understage travels can't be repeated until stepping on the main stage (platforms don't count). In the event that a player going under the stage more than once before touching the main stage, they must forfeit one stock.
Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch is banned in all variations.
If a game is interrupted, for example by the disc being unable to be read, or a power outage, the match must be restarted whole or under similar conditions (to the TO's or a referee's discretion).
Gentleman's Rule: Any rule(s) may be waived or added if agreed by both sides, unless the TO objects.

Bracket and pool specifications:

The bracket will be Double elimination.
Players in the bracket are separated by the TO's perceived skill or by the area's Power Rankings list.
Pool set victories are determined by best of two matches (they may result in ties), and only have Battlefield, Final Destination and Smashville as available stages.
In the event two or more players are tied at the conclusion of a round of pools, players will be compared with each other on various criteria in this ordered precedence:

Set Wins
Wins
Losses
Head to Head
One Game Rematch

Conduct Rules:

All players reserve the right to play without hacks.
No players may obstruct the opponent's full view of the screen, nor may they touch their opponent's controller or person to interfere with game play.
All forms of player on player misconduct are in effect and may result in the forfeit of the match, set, or from the entire event.
DQ Rule will be strictly enforced: To the TO's discretion, another match may be called if neither player of a called match is available. Otherwise, arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.
The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date, you are displaying your agreement with this policy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:53:04 pm by The Monster Man »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline 8-bit Otaku

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • Wii ID: 8975 5479 4305 1091
Re: OKgamers.com 2012 RULESET: Super Smash Bros Brawl aka SSBB - 1v1, 2v2
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:59:01 pm »
I guess this would be the place to ask this. I'm bringing my own controllers but I don't play with the default control set-up for Wiimote and nunchuck or Gamecube controller. The main thing is that up is set to jump by default which I play with that turned off. I would prefer Wiimote and nunchuck with the jump button set to the down on the Wiimote d-pad. I think there was that and something else that is default that I turn off also on the controls. I don't know many that play like this but it would require the small amount of time to add a name to the Wii and set up the controls the way that I play. Would this be alright?

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: OKgamers.com 2012 RULESET: Super Smash Bros Brawl aka SSBB - 1v1, 2v2
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 03:08:52 am »

Controllers - you are alotted 1 minute to setup a name / settings before a match.
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!