Author Topic: Handmade Fight stick.  (Read 3046 times)

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dragonsfist IV
Handmade Fight stick.
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:31 pm »

Finally built myself a fight stick. Cut the wood, Drilled the case, Soldered a 360 controller PCB to sanwa stick and some tatsunoko buttons.  My favorite part are the super relax button positions, Four fingers rest on the blues, thumb controls the lowest two whites.  the blues are lp mp hp hk,the lower two white buttons are lk mk, from left to right.  the top two white buttons are XboxLive and Start.   
I couldn't be happier about the feel.

palms rest nice.  faceplate is no taller than it needs to be.
a bit wider than most fightsticks.  my hands feel more rested when they are over my legs, not over my nuts.
can we say nuts? squirrels love nuts.

Initially mk was just under mp but I dont like twisting my hand or crimping my thumb every time i want to focus attack.
lowering lk - mk allowed my thumb to relax - hover in the same place where it needs to end up to attack.
quicker access, less work.  not sure how sanwa - madcats didnt come to the same conclusion.
my fingers have never gotten tired in these positions, and if they do, they rest beside a button without me knowing about it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:01:15 pm by DragonsfistIV »
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Handmade Fight stick.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »
The second Case I built recently.

and the third.

I loved the button layouts above, but once in a while the button presses would miss fire.
I have cheap ♥♥♥ sanwa wana-be knock off buttons from a tatsunoko stick that are like 3 years old now.  new buttons would probably solve it.

but Ive learned to love the last button layout the most. 

I filed down some lip edges on the buttons because I do not like the gaps in between.
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:22:31 am »
What does the extra buttons do? and would you be able to use the fight stick at tournaments?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 01:31:47 pm »
its.just that stadard start button.
its just on the side wall instead of top wall. 
pinball style haha.
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.