Author Topic: Tulsa - THE LAST THROW DOWN of 09: SSBB, SF4, Tekken 6, BlazBlue - 12/13/09  (Read 42405 times)

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa - THE LAST THROW DOWN of 09: SSBB, SF4, Tekken 6, BlazBlue - 12/13/09
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:02 pm »
MvC2 is a solid game that is played at evo, the fighting game nationals for the United States, every year. The fact that evo features this game speaks for itself. I don't care what your personal preference of the game is, I'm stating it's a much more solid fighter than brawl, which it is.

@Jesus: I was talking about MMing Typ_Ex in brawl because he was running his mouth saying I'm not good at brawl, or if you want to be technical implying and directly eluding to the fact that he thinks I'm no good at brawl, despite my stellar tournament record. AKA cashed everything in the last year and a half have top 8ed every brawl event I've been to period, which includes a 128 person tournament in Dallas. I am not nearly skilled enough in tekken 6 to MM you, but if I can come to either of these events I will FT5 or FT10 with you for fun.

@typ_ex: if you are interested in gg xx you should try it out. If it's fun then it'll be worth trying to get into it, maybe just get into it with a couple of other friends who have never played it.

Offline Kelley88

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 10:14:09 pm »
I have evolved. Expect a hard time winning sf4. :)
XBL= A gimpasaurus
PSN= Agimpasaurus

You may win in a tourney, but that might mean you still fail at the game of life.

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:51 pm »
well this will be my first sf tourney agenst real comp. so yea

Offline Kelley88

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2009, 04:41:45 pm »
This or the January tourney will be my last tourney before boot camp :( I will miss it.
XBL= A gimpasaurus
PSN= Agimpasaurus

You may win in a tourney, but that might mean you still fail at the game of life.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2009, 02:16:31 am »
This or the January tourney will be my last tourney before boot camp :( I will miss it.
Thank you for your dedication... Curious is Faust or Clown coming to play SF4? if so whats out!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline wizard of seraphym

• OKgamers Supporters
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2009, 11:57:11 pm »
alright, chances are very high that im going to this, though I would like to get a ride (because its cheeper and less fustrating than taking a bus)

Besids that, I wanted to know, if I was gonna come as a supporter, would I have to wear the okgamers t-shirt, or can I wear my crew's?

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:07 pm »
Crazy Clown is def gonna be there im also gonna play some BB.
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2009, 01:44:20 am »

Power Ranking - feels truncated.  It has results that don't seem to represent as much of what Tulsa see's for well, a lot of tournaments.  Feels like Tulsa area tournaments don't get as factored into PR.  So - I'm hoping Norman will be showing up in force for the 12/13 event, but especially the 1/23 event - as it'll be on par with the previous year's Mustang event in efforts and sponsorship on our end, and can hopefully provide a reflection on the PR rankings are well represented or in need of updating. 

FK - I'd say that as many events as have happened outside of Norman, it can feel like they don't seem to factor in fully.  Argue it or not, we'll see what the top 10 of the 1/23 event is, and go from there from my perspective :)  And if you'd like to volunteer as a supporter and correct my grammar and spelling, the form link is on the front page and first post :)

Bees - ALWAYS NEED HARDWARE.  We've never had too many setups.  Maybe an extra console here or there, but no true over load on full setups, we'll take them, and use them.   Else, provide a safe place to store till after the event.  Bring your hardware - we'll need it.

Wizard - shirts aren't required, just always appreciated.

GAMERS - AN UPDATE - TAKE A SEC TO REVIEW:

RULES -
Wireless controllers are allowed - but MUST have their batteries pulled and turned off after your match.
TURBO on controllers - must be off, no macro buttons in use.  If your caught, very bad.
BB / TEKKEN - rules updated, please review link in rules above.
SSBB - if we need to get planking in there for 1/23 - express it at 12/13. 
SSBB - 1/23 we'll DISCUSS the idea of having some MK banned events LATER  (feb/march) to test the waters - until then, MK is NOT banned, and all the rules stand as still accurate.

Anything not covered here - is covered in the first post.  SSBB - has a HUGE rule list, please make sure you review.

NOTE THE TIMES:
We've had a complaint that "previous Funhouse tournaments were not ran on time" enough for some of our travellers...  SO.  This events times are running ON TIME.  We'll appraise hardware present, and follow our rules as posted on how things go from there.

Don't be late please :)

HARDWARE - Determines a lot.  Read the first post.

XA's LARGE SUPPLIES OF TV's - WON'T MOVE THEMSELVES:

Staff - got a few extra minutes? 
Gamers who can't bring TV's but want to help out, or you have extra space?

I have 8 TV's that I can't get to FH without you.  Swing by my house between 1 and 1:30pm the day of and take some TV's.  Bring them back between 8pm and 1am while either my roommate or I'll be back by. 

BE PROACTIVE - these TV's won't take themselves.  There will be NO GOING AFTER THEM ONCE THE EVENT STARTS.  It's come help us take them by 1:30pm when I need to head out to FH, arrange a time before that with me, or they won't be there, and we'll be relying even more on other attending gamers.  We cut a game back to single elim, etc - due to no TV's?  That's the way it'll be.  Fair warning.

Contact me on where to pick one up, or if you need to arrange earlier pickup.

ONE Week away - SEE YOU IN A FEW DAYS!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:04 am »
hey saif off topic, but do you guys do anything on weekdays? Like a hang out day for video games? I can get to Tulsa on random days now and I thought it would be nice if I could sit down and just do friendlies with you guys. I always wind up just having to do serious business is serious tournament matches. Still don't know if I can come to this December one with how my stupid finals are scheduled. Oh yeah a friend of mine is thinking of throwing an SF4 tourney that would be 5 a person with 100 thrown in. The point of that tourney is not for him to make money, bc he is the one throwing the 100 in. He is doing that in hopes that we can attract some really good people for a fun sf4 tourney in fayetteville, I'll keep you posted as we figure this thing out. I want do play you guys in friendlies in everything sometime, just for kicks.

P.S. Don't sweat that power ranking stuff. Fayetteville/Fort Smith was completely ignored in power rankings for melee in Arkansas. Steve and I were completely left off the top 10 throughout the entirety of melee, and I am still given no credit outside of that state in brawl lol. I don't even look at power rankings anymore, everyone who matters in tournament knows who has it and who doesn't.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2009, 07:53:52 pm »
We play thursdays and sometimes on saturday.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2009, 12:18:56 am »
Sign up for the first event, SSBB, starts at 2:30 p.m., so in that sense the "doors" could also open then, unless you run on Saif time, in which case the "doors" open sometime between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m.
Quote from: X_A
NOTE THE TIMES:
We've had a complaint that "previous Funhouse tournaments were not ran on time" enough for some of our travellers...  SO.  This events times are running ON TIME.  We'll appraise hardware present, and follow our rules as posted on how things go from there.

lolllllll

Offline ultimate faust

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2009, 11:18:48 pm »
lonewolf, money match me, first to 5 in both BB and sf4, $20 each.

or just dont show up. lewl.

if i show up, and you consider it prepare to lose $40 : \

depends on whether or not i show up and win it or not, gf might be mad at me for going to like, 4 consecutive tourneys back to back.

who you play in bb? i play hakumen... hes low tier.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2009, 03:15:25 am »
lol play Bang, he's awesome tier

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2009, 03:24:23 pm »
lol v-13 > that game. I play jin b/c litchi is his only bad match-up in my experience. plus he has SHORRRYUUKKEEENNNN and ex fireballs.

if any of you like sf4/blazblue/tekken6/mvc2/hdremix/any fighting game add me on psn I'm ROFLchopter  I live in NW Arkansas so we should have good connection.

Good luck to all who enter the tournaments this weekend and I hope it's a good showing. Expect some surprise visitors for the Janurary tournament ;)

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2009, 05:08:30 pm »
lol play Bang, he's awesome tier
hes awesome tier in continuum shift, yeh. not so much calamity trigger... just manly tier