Author Topic: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009  (Read 141163 times)

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2009, 07:13:32 pm »
I had a lot of fun at this tourney, it was a little chaotic but fun none the less. I now realize what the event organizers have to go through and deal with while running an event and my respect for them has grown tremendously. The team that got 2nd was Fallout, they are all pretty cool and I would like to see them again at another tourney. I can't wait for the next one!

p.s. the OKgamers shirts are amazing!

Offline Zinth

• Familiar Face
  • Dancing Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2009, 07:15:25 pm »
Yeah, despite having only two setups, I do feel that SSBB went pretty smoothly. In the future, the Smash scene will know to provide more setups, a task which is ingrained in its very foundation, so, should you continue to support SSBB, the tournaments will go even more smoothly. Depending on circumstances, I could see Plasma Burn SSBB potentially becoming a state-wide, if not regional, hit. In a way, I feel that this tournament ended up being an important event for the Oklahoma SSBB scene.

Anyway, I hope that Saif posts the full SSBB results, but I can post what I can remember...

1st: Bass
2nd: Chuck Nasty
3rd: Zinth
4th: Shade
5th: TypEx
5th: FattyFatFatso
7th: Tatsuman
7th: AfroTastic
9th: Sars Pirate
9th: ZaxYo
9th: X A ? or Yarza ?
9th: ???
13th: FK
13th: Yarza ? or X A ?

Hopefully those are correct. Still want to see the full results, though.
*_.-:[Zinth]:-._*

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2009, 10:09:34 pm »

Just next tourny you host try more organization and better lan boxes....the first one i played on people kept lagging out then the one we got beat out on was the equivilent to 4 yellow bar on xbox live. Sucked. But im done complaining lol....just had a long, late drive home lol

Your initial statements seem disrespectful towards Plasma Burn - Please make sure you've reviewed the Terms of Service
http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1071.0

Also remember - this site is for gamers to find each other, and businesses to post their events.  We are not a "event review" site, and thus do NOT support ranking, flaming, etc - I understand if you didn't enjoy it as much as you'd wish, but we do not tolerate any aggression or ranking towards business owners.  You may have just 'called them out' in a way on things you saw as poorly orchestrated?  But they put MONTHS into organizing this, and HAD all their bases covered, and things STILL may have not gone as well as desired by all.

Plasma Burn may be cool with defending themselves, but that is not the default on OKgamers, they are simply cool enough to have the time, and of course are active in our online community.  Business owners and coordinators are busy; we want their next free 5 minutes to post their next event on the site to help them and us, not be an investment in defending their business, etc.  I'm especially sensitive to this issue because I am often the one that goes to businesses and begs them to take the time to even use the site, assuring they won't be flamed, ranked etc.

We ask all forum members to refrain from flaming or disrespecting businesses on OKgamers, ALL GAMERS should please avoid this in the future, as it's our only real zero tolerance policy.

That said - all gamers reading this please remember 2 things before posting, and encourage your friends:
A - what you say is often "one upped' on the internet, where anonymity is the default environment.  If you say something "kinda bad', the next guy that posts may really top you.  Please refrain from saying anything against businesses or organizers, as the snowball affect can be disheartening to all involved, and end tournaments happening at all.

B - BUSINESSES READ THESE FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.  Your innocent enough ranking or disrespectful comment can 100% for sure stop businesses from posting.  After all, why would THEY take time to share their event with you, when you may just flame them and cause needless problems and PR issues. 

With these specific things in mind, OKgamers policies were put into place to 100% back businesses with said zero tolerance policy. 

I know it may seem one sided - but without this "Zero Tolerance" perspective in place, some businesses wouldn't and couldn't take the time to even post here.  We have a useful, free service provided to you here; let's respect our one rule of not flaming, ranking, etc - and give business owners a wide path.  Don't like their event?  Feel free to not go, but do NOT air grievances on this site; to promote it being worth businesses time to post OKgamers will never be a ranking site, only informative on what is going on, and how to find your local players and competition.

If there are any questions about this, feel free to PM myself or a moderator.  If you want to openly discuss this, that's an available option at the next OKgamers meetings - watch the Site News forum for details.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #543 on: January 25, 2009, 10:17:49 pm »
Event was really fun!  Looking forwards to more OKC area events with PB as well as the SC / SSBB video!

Results for Fighters -

Soul Calibur 4 -

1: LinkRKC
2: Fuzion
3: Michael Jackson
4: Dator
5: Jack
5: X A
7: Stunt Midget
7: AnimeFreak
9: Tony Moore
9: Jesus
9: Casper
9: Sweet Beard
13: DeMarcus
13: OtherGuy
13: MK
13: Yozzo
17: RaidenWins
17: IOKain

SSBB 1v1

1: Bass
2: Chuck Nasty
3: Zinth
4: Shade
5: Typ Ex
5: FattyFatFatso
7: Yozzo
7: Tatsuman
9: OtherGuy
9: Afrotastic
9: Sars Pirate
9: X A
13: Brice
13: John Schwarz
13: FK
13: Thomas Braden
17: Chaz Baca
17: ZaxYo
17: AnimeFreak
17: Alec Bara

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Zinth

• Familiar Face
  • Dancing Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 25, 2009, 11:39:09 pm »
Looks like I was a bit off after the top five, lol.

I want to see the pictures the girl in the green sweater took of the Brawl winners. I might want to change the one with Bassem, Chuck Nasty and I to my Facebook profile picture, lol.
*_.-:[Zinth]:-._*

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 26, 2009, 12:26:58 am »
lol i'm coming up in the world, i'm not dead last in SSBB

Offline Raiiderxx

• Official OKgamer
  • OMG McCOOL THEY SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH OBITUAREEZ!
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2009, 01:24:50 am »
It was a fun tournament. Yes it did have some problems but what tournament doesnt? Good job Sammy it was a good first tournament. Cant wait for the next one!

Offline DrWalterrr

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 26, 2009, 02:47:01 am »
we got second in the dallas tourny beating braake, insaiyan, omega, and main slayer, lost to icevayyne, swisha, tex, fumas to VERY close games but it was fun nontheless... i am NEVER going to KOTC again had to wait for 6 hours in bufalo wild wings when other people got to play all day... i would rather wait 6 hours in oklahoma talking to cool people instead of the people down in dallas that were there...
infamy were pretty cool guys so was there coach thank you fury for a good tourny though it was fun, pretty good turnout, and the always fun raider comments... ;D and kaddy i didnt give drew any kills i needed money for kotc lol.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 04:33:10 am by Rislone »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2009, 07:17:05 am »
1st off really really good tournament. Hey that placed looked perfect for a tournament with out power issues. Halo guys complaining about what happened technically it was everybodys fault because when I walked in alot of teams had their stuff just thrown everywhere. When we tried to fix the problem it looked like a complete disaster and I didnt know where to start. So if the teams had their setups just a little better when the power issues started we could have fixed it quicker. Believe me HxC has worked with worst. The lan boxes where fine. When you just throw your lan cable into any slot and have them spreaded all over, it causes conflict. So heres a friendly tip if you have a 16 port switch, teams should be right next to each other when plugging in. Example team a slots 1 through 4 team b slots 5 through 8 and so on. That way when it Lags or a team leaves with a setup its easy to rearrange things. Also another tournament could get thrown their just need to figure out where the could source of power is. Last but not least Gears of War gamers  >:( but Redman and Timmy or cool now. Oh yea HxC is better then the KOTC. (can I say that Saif they're not from OK) and Plasmaburn is the awesome thanks for the event!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Hero Z

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2009, 07:54:36 am »
I had a blast there, and If you didn't know who I was.... I was the kid wearing Ear Muffs!!!!!!! Freaking Clutch!
Team: Hero's Terriable
Hero=Random
Aerials=Kid
Godmode and Red Men=Brains

"Hero and I have the only semi-pro or better placing in the state in gears of war... " Red Men

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2009, 10:47:29 am »
we got second in the dallas tourny beating braake, insaiyan, omega, and main slayer, lost to icevayyne, swisha, tex, fumas to VERY close games but it was fun nontheless... i am NEVER going to KOTC again had to wait for 6 hours in bufalo wild wings when other people got to play all day... i would rather wait 6 hours in oklahoma talking to cool people instead of the people down in dallas that were there...
infamy were pretty cool guys so was there coach thank you fury for a good tourny though it was fun, pretty good turnout, and the always fun raider comments... ;D and kaddy i didnt give drew any kills i needed money for kotc lol.

who was on your team? How much did you win and was icevayne and swisha impressed with you guys?
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2009, 12:22:51 pm »
I had a blast there, and If you didn't know who I was.... I was the kid wearing Ear Muffs!!!!!!! Freaking Clutch!

LOL You was the Ear Muff Kidd? lol lord.   I Wish id had time to go around and meet all the people I talk to on the forums here all the time.  Its always cool to put a face with a name.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »

who was on your team? How much did you win and was icevayne and swisha impressed with you guys?

Drew, Kale, Jon, and Viip3 from houston.  Went really well we beat oomega and insaiyans team after sitting for 6 hours and they played FFA's nonstop the whole day. OOmega chokes hard, so bad.

As far as icevaynne and swisha they were real chill kids i talked to swisha for awhile then their coach invited us to lan with them in february down in texas as well as at and before events, so i would assume they were impressed
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 26, 2009, 05:20:54 pm »
no g wade :( ? Why did you have to wait 6 hours?
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Linkrkc

« Reply #554 on: January 26, 2009, 07:06:15 pm »
Good times, especially the random conversations post tournament.

AnimeFreak, I just lucked out that the power went off during our match.  Otherwise, who knows what would have happened?  Also, best ring tone ever.  I should have that one, since I have a "Link" name.

RaidenWins, thanks for the casuals before I left.  Like I said, I really wanted to play you since it didn't happen last time.

X_A, regardless of who you choose to run with, I still expect you to qualify for Nationals.  You'll look super accomplished having qualified for every national tournament held, haha.

Jesus, nice to see a Yoshi player.  He's surprisingly underplayed for how good a character he is.  We didn't get to play at all, but hopefully next time.