Author Topic: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009  (Read 141038 times)

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2009, 11:31:52 am »
WOOO go fury! this tournament was a lot of fun.

someone should post the SC and SSBB results.

Fairplay

« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:11 pm »
This tourny was a joke. I mean, everyone knew oklahomies would win, but I at least wanted to have some fun getting there....not waiting 9 hours to play a few games of single elim.

Offline Spawnkiller

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2009, 12:21:05 pm »
This tourny was a joke. I mean, everyone knew oklahomies would win, but I at least wanted to have some fun getting there....not waiting 9 hours to play a few games of single elim.

My problem with the tourney was was waiting. The power outages were the biggest prob... I hope that the next one will be planned better.
May God have mercy on your video game character, cause I won't.

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2009, 12:44:38 pm »
Congrats to Fury for hosting a good tourney. A few kinks to work out, but definately interested in attending your next one.

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I'm the best, but you're cool too.
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
Re: Great success!
« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:40 pm »
The Plasma Burn event was awesome! Fury is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Although the Gears 2 turnout was less than expected, we had a lot of fun. It was great to see all the Halo 3 players out. Man, those guys are dedicated.

I also got to watch some Smash and Soul Calibur. I def. respect those guys a lot more. Those games look REALLY fast paced and are exciting to watch.

Thanks to everyone that made this possible. I can't wait to see you all again.

Another lifelong fan, Sammy!  Sounds like you did a great job.
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2009, 01:31:20 pm »
WOOO go fury! this tournament was a lot of fun.

someone should post the SC and SSBB results.

XA Has Them (I hope)   Once i get everything Unpacked I can post Haloez results.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2009, 01:44:22 pm »

My problem with the tourney was was waiting. The power outages were the biggest prob... I hope that the next one will be planned better.

Unfortunately. we did have this planned very well until the power issues.  What we didnt plan for the power issues.  I was told several months ago when I rented the venue that power would not be a problem.  I apologize But there wasn't anything I could do about it. SCIV and SSBB had a great time, GoW2 even with the lack of players was great fun and Even though we Had to switch to Single Elimination we did make all the way to the end and got outta there right at midnight.  Luckily the Maintenance guy was super nice and allowed us to stay a little after to make sure we got everything cleaned up.

As for the Oklahomies.  Most all of you that play Halo know they goto just about every tournament.  They do some hard core practicing and dedication to the game.  If anything this should motivate your team(s) to do the same so you can be as good as they are.   I forgot the name of the team they played in the end but they where good enough to give the Oklahomies a fight.

But Once again im am really sorry about the Power issues.  This was my first tournament, and ive learned lots of things to do differently to improve. #1 thing will be, to get it in writing that the venue can support all our power needs.  #2  I wont do such a big one next time, keep it a little smaller.  Having that many games at once was too much to keep up with. 

I want to Thank the All the Oklahomies especially G Wade he really stepped up(kinda made him though lol),  Radierxx, Hypnotic, Timmy Scorcher,  GodMode, X_A, Micheal Jackson, Marine Sasquatch and most importantly my Family and friends with out them this tournament would of been a complete disaster.

I will post results in a bit unless someone else beats me too it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:57:51 pm by furyswrath »

Offline CaDDy54

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2009, 01:50:20 pm »
tourney was good besides waiting. The only thing I wanna know is if hummp was given those kills don't lie and how much he won for first?
gt: Go Kaddy, aim:kaddy545454

I Haz Pr0 Nad3z

« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2009, 01:56:28 pm »
Im looking for this kid who wanted to add me on XbL.
he played for team cross out.
he beat Jason on the way it ends in gh3.
But i forgot his gamertag.
if anyone knows his gamertag.
I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
-I Haz Pr0 Nad3z

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2009, 02:08:09 pm »
tourney was good besides waiting. The only thing I wanna know is if hummp was given those kills don't lie and how much he won for first?

I believe 2nd end up with 116? 117 bucks?  Id have to dig out receipts.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2009, 02:12:33 pm »
The Plasma Burn event was awesome! Fury is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Although the Gears 2 turnout was less than expected, we had a lot of fun. It was great to see all the Halo 3 players out. Man, those guys are dedicated.

I also got to watch some Smash and Soul Calibur. I def. respect those guys a lot more. Those games look REALLY fast paced and are exciting to watch.

Thanks to everyone that made this possible. I can't wait to see you all again.

Another lifelong fan, Sammy!  Sounds like you did a great job.

I just wish i could of done more for the Halo players.  I do really feel sorry for them.  all the waiting.   Guys I really am sorry.  Short of Canceling all of Halo and giving everyone there money back. I didnt know what else to do.  We are contacting the city manager to complain though. You just cant plan for a building having that many power issues. Especially when its nearly a bran new building.   But i am sorry to all the halo players.

Fairplay

« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »
Just next tourny you host try more organization and better lan boxes....the first one i played on people kept lagging out then the one we got beat out on was the equivilent to 4 yellow bar on xbox live. Sucked. But im done complaining lol....just had a long, late drive home lol

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2009, 02:36:27 pm »
Just next tourny you host try more organization and better lan boxes....the first one i played on people kept lagging out then the one we got beat out on was the equivilent to 4 yellow bar on xbox live. Sucked. But im done complaining lol....just had a long, late drive home lol

The big lan box we had, Has been used numerous times with success on halo.  And if there where any other switches besides that one. It wasnt mine idea. But im glade they brought them else we'd had more power issues.

Organization wasnt the problem.  Organization went out the window once the power kept failing.  We did have success with SSBB/SCIV/ and GOW2

Offline Jtermin4t0r

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2009, 03:46:02 pm »
Im looking for this kid who wanted to add me on XbL.
he played for team cross out.
he beat Jason on the way it ends in gh3.
But i forgot his gamertag.
if anyone knows his gamertag.
I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
-I Haz Pr0 Nad3z

I'll message it to u on xbl

Offline Spawnkiller

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2009, 05:57:51 pm »
I really like going to these tourneys and the plasma burn was fun when we were playing. Hopefully next time we will have more players playing in the FFA. Playing Dr Viper and the others was like most of the players are just cannon fodder you know? Like target practice. Anyway good luck on the next tourney.
May God have mercy on your video game character, cause I won't.