Author Topic: OKC-Halo 3 Tourney II-Jan 27  (Read 23628 times)

SkizsM420

Re: OKC-Halo 3 Tourney II-Jan 27
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2008, 04:10:48 pm »
If someone is looking for a 4th man, talk to DaveBizzle.   Even if there are only 4-5 teams it will still be cool, that means we might be able to run a few games of CoD4 or maybe do a doubles match afterwards.  This entire thing is about bringing gamers together and having a good time.  What's the point of blowing it off just because one person can't make it until next time when you can still come and play, and meet other good gamers around here.  If any of you guys are considering starting clans or anything, I'm sure you know that they consist of more than 4 people, so come out and make some friends.

Rocky

« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2008, 03:23:43 am »
Ok if you need to up the entry to pay for the venue and to actually pay out to the first place team I suggest we make that decision now to give people time to compensate. Also do we need to bring Tv, Xbox, H3, Controller right?  After the tournament we will be allowed to use the place to lan?

SkizsM420

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2008, 10:30:39 am »
We're not going to have to raise the entry, but the more people that bring their gear(tvs, 360s, etc . .)the better.  I think Icychiller is going to bring some hardware to hook up more than enough people for the tournament, so I'm sure we will hang out for a while afterwards and game.  Bring any other games that you want to play.  I'm bringing cod4, gow, and maybe rock band just to fool around.  If anyone wants to come just to LAN that's cool too, it's just $5 entry, so if you don't want to participate in the tournament you can just hook up and game with other people there.  Everyone should show up at about 1 and we'll start the tournament as soon as everyone has finished setting up.

Offline BSxx

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • ll BS ll
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2008, 10:45:17 pm »
Ok so is this a doubles tourney? And I should be there!
GT: LL BS LL
AIM: brentsartin

Offline okc rage

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dr HotSoup
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2008, 11:22:58 pm »
bs r u goin with a team or what???
gt: Dr HotSoup

Offline BSxx

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • ll BS ll
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2008, 01:01:37 am »
well i have a doubles partner and im wondering if it is 4v4 now or what? if not i would need two more!
GT: LL BS LL
AIM: brentsartin

SkizsM420

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2008, 01:53:57 am »
At this point we've been saying 4v4, but we're just trying to do what most ppl want to play.  If the majority would prefer we can do 2v2 and play a few 4v4 games just for the ♥♥♥♥♥ of it..  It would probably make it easier for quite a few people find teams. 

Rocky

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2008, 02:27:57 am »
4v4 would be better.

I dont see why we cant raise the entry to 10 dollars....5 dollars more...40team/10 a person will make anybody not show up and it makes the drive that the tulsa kids and norman kids worth coming for might be just me but i'm positive nobody will really care about that plus i dont want you to eat the cost of the venue and then there is no prize money for first cause then you might as well call it a big lan .

SkizsM420

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:49 am »
4v4 would be better.

I dont see why we cant raise the entry to 10 dollars....5 dollars more...40team/10 a person will make anybody not show up and it makes the drive that the tulsa kids and norman kids worth coming for might be just me but i'm positive nobody will really care about that plus i dont want you to eat the cost of the venue and then there is no prize money for first cause then you might as well call it a big lan .

The entry pretty much is $10.  It's $5 to get in and $5 to play in the tournament.  If the majority of people DO want to pay an extra $5 to sweeten the pot that's cool, just please let us know quickly so that we can post it.  I don't want anyone to drive to the venue before they realize that it cost more than they thought.  So let me know what you think ASAP fellas

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2008, 10:42:37 am »
Im not attending the tournament but i have been to alot of lan tournaments in dallas and it would overall be a better turnout because it would be worth it, Bragging rights isnt always good enough especially when your driving a long distance. So i think that if you charged $15 total you would have a bigger turnout and you would have more money to spread to 1st 2nd and 3rd places.

SkizsM420

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2008, 11:29:13 am »
You guys both have a good point, I'll talk it over with Tnias tonight.  Hopefully this will catch on and we'll have prizes other than just cash in the future.  We are just in our humble beginnings right now, but I really appreciate all the input.

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2008, 11:39:52 am »
For about a year now me and my dad have been planning to open a Lan center for Console gaming in OKC so when or if we open it you can host the tournaments there and then kids wont complain about having to bring their own stuff all they will need is a controllwe and money.

SkizsM420

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2008, 12:22:56 pm »
That would be great.  I understand how much of a hassle it is to dismantle your gear, set it up, tear it down again, and set it back up at home.  I'll be bringing my xbox and I don't think that i'll be playing in the tournament this time around.  I might just hook it up to the big screen(by where everything will be set up)and putting rock band or something on it to give people something to do while they're waiting and all of that.

purfexshun

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2008, 03:04:43 pm »
i need a team...i am 24 and go to OU...have my own box and tv

gt purfexshun

il practicee with who ever this weekend so i can play with you at tourney

im a good communicator and decent with br i dont need to get a bunch of kills and am ok with being the objective guy

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2008, 03:51:06 pm »
Timmy Skorcher im good in Halo 3 great at gears.    who wants to team up????
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center