Author Topic: Halo: CE Anniversary and H4  (Read 14515 times)

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Halo: CE Anniversary and H4
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:21:09 pm »
Halo: CE Anniversary

So in other news Halo: CE Anniversary has no H1 Multiplayer unfortunantley but it will ship with "6 of the best multiplayer maps of all time." much like Halo: ODST came with a multiplayer disc from what I gather that is how this game will work.

Announcement Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1J3z_2Uep8

343 Studios Thoughts behind the "Re-mastering":
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/halo-anniversary-exclusive/7ed1f10f-349c-4c47-a07a-831d12f94d63

"No separate MP component, Halo 1 maps are a Reach map pack. Developed by Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity. Uses the Reach engine. Can switch between classic and new graphics in real time. Uses the same gameplay and physics systems that the original did."

Thoughts?

Halo 4

Also the teaser trailer for Halo 4 has been released

You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmRBewBIIs4

So Oklahoma gamers what are your thoughts on the 2 new games being released? Personally I was hoping but not expecting a direct port and online multiplayer for the H1 experience, engine and all. still pumped about some maps being featured for Reach.
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
  • XBL ID: Suit vs Tie
Re: Halo: CE Anniversary and H4
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:28:23 pm »
Words cannot describe my disappointment.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »
Words cannot describe my disappointment.
Agreed i was really really hoping for a solid recreation of the H1 multiplayer experience...Instead i got 6 maps, porbably not all competitive, added to a game I already don't enjoy that much.

Halo 4 honestly at this point we have no info but I am really not getting my hopes up in the least. It's obvious that no game company looking to sell as many copies as a juggernaut such as COD will cater to the competitive community enough to have the game "satisfactory" to the MLG community. The fact that H1 and H2 were basically highly competitive accidents just goes to show with an increase in graphics and a growing gaming audience it will take a purely competitive designed game to be accepted and balanced at this point.

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 04:47:00 pm »
Welp, Brink and CE Remake have already failed, all that's left is for Nexuiz, Warsoup and Tribes to not come through and the console FPS genre will be dead.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 04:58:39 pm »
Welp, Brink and CE Remake have already failed, all that's left is for Nexuiz, Warsoup and Tribes to not come through and the console FPS genre will be dead.
I just really really want Halo 4 to return to a more arena style multiplayer experience. The issue is that players who aren't competitive may not like the style of purely arena maps. So for a developer its finding a balance between Arena Symmetrical and Asymmetrical maps and larger less competitive maps. The addition of MLG playlist was just a small step towards the competitive scene being taken into account, but if they can try and cater to both parties, the casual and Competitive, I think H4 has a lot of potential. Being run by a studio not dominated by a Big Brother in Microsoft also helps.

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:28:31 pm »
I just really really want Halo 4 to return to a more arena style multiplayer experience. The issue is that players who aren't competitive may not like the style of purely arena maps. So for a developer its finding a balance between Arena Symmetrical and Asymmetrical maps and larger less competitive maps. The addition of MLG playlist was just a small step towards the competitive scene being taken into account, but if they can try and cater to both parties, the casual and Competitive, I think H4 has a lot of potential. Being run by a studio not dominated by a Big Brother in Microsoft also helps.

Maps are just one of several problems though.

Halo 2 had great maps, but if it weren't for glitches, it would have been an awful game. Sprint would have been a great mechanic in Reach if they knew how to properly balance it with gun damage and such. Same goes with bloom and how poorly it was implemented. The list goes on and on; Bungie (and now 343) have no idea how to properly make and balance a game that serves any other purpose other than making money.

And I may be reading your last sentence wrong, but 343 is a Microsoft studio.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 05:30:14 pm »

Maps are just one of several problems though.

Halo 2 had great maps, but if it weren't for glitches, it would have been an awful game. Sprint would have been a great mechanic in Reach if they knew how to properly balance it with gun damage and such. Same goes with bloom and how poorly it was implemented. The list goes on and on; Bungie (and now 343) have no idea how to properly make and balance a game that serves any other purpose other than making money.

And I may be reading your last sentence wrong, but 343 is a Microsoft studio.
No you read it right I was confused about what i had just read and got something mixed up.
And I agree that its not just maps its a start. I have accepted that a game will not be as competitive as CS or Quake on a console but i still feel that there is potential for console FPS, it just has to be done correctly and designed with competitive play in mind. Which is the problem unfortunantley.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:34:05 pm by Twitch73 »

Offline MW Chaos

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 06:28:58 pm »
Six multiplayer maps from the original Halo: CE are making the jump to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, along with "Damnation" from Halo 2. Multiplayer will feature the full sweet of options that players have come to expect from the series - including Firefight mode.
-IGN

Judging by this it should have multiplayer?

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 06:30:33 pm »
Six multiplayer maps from the original Halo: CE are making the jump to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, along with "Damnation" from Halo 2. Multiplayer will feature the full sweet of options that players have come to expect from the series - including Firefight mode.
-IGN

Judging by this it should have multiplayer?
Damnation was from CE, not H2 - lol IGN.

And no, the CE maps are a map pack for Reach.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 09:59:25 pm »
You guys are being negative before it has even dropped. dang.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »
Better to keep your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than the other way around in this case.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

xXRAINERXx

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 08:18:41 am »
I dunno what to say. Im not a big Halo person. But i grew up playing CE and might get that, and Reach made me tired of not being Master Chief :D

Offline MW Chaos

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 12:15:42 pm »
Im excited either way. and im definitely ready for 4. Cannot wait.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:03 am »
Better to keep your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than the other way around in this case.
See I cant make a fair judgement even though I already played it.. but I'm a noob, I like swat, and shotty snipes so on a competitive bases. I'm trash. So my opinion is  :-X
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 12:50:01 am »
See I cant make a fair judgement even though I already played it.. but I'm a noob, I like swat, and shotty snipes so on a competitive bases. I'm trash. So my opinion is  :-X

You already played which? CEA or H4?