Author Topic: Tulsa - OKg:6th Anni - SC5, CoDMW3, UMvC, SSF, GoW3, STARCRAFT 2 & MORE! - 2/25/12  (Read 57444 times)

Offline MICMiLeS

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
In regards to the odd questioning of the map pool. ???

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/GSL_Maps

I am trying to use a combination of maps from the GSL & MLG

The GSL map pool is considered to be the most up to date and balanced map pool.

I included other maps for fun or got them from other tournaments. Not sure why anyone would only ever want to play MLG maps or would only ever take MLG in to consideration. I'm considering StarCraft 2 from a global standpoint, as such I will take consider first and foremost the leading StarCraft 2 league.. GSL..

Hopefully the changes made to the map pool sit better with some people.

Also if you've never heard of the GSL please do yourself a favor an become more involved in watching it, it's the top tier of the world as far as StarCraft 2 is concerned..

Thanks for the input everyone!

So about sc2, the map pool still hasn't be released. Please announce them so I know what maps I need to pratice on

Thanks

Sorry about the delay guys. Work and life got super busy for a second.

These rules are going to change constantly, in particular I would like to hear opinions on the map pool. I may need a few more map choices, but I don't want to exceed 10-12 total.

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3942.0.html

Why are we using these maps? These are out of date... terminus, and crossfire both arent used anymore... plus why isnt shakuras plateau in here?

Totally.... Like we discussed today we got it all worked out and it was really cool getting to meet you and getting a chance to talk with you and move things along  in the tourney! You're a great CL :D *Cheers*

Offline notloc918

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: specticle918
  • XBL ID: notloc918
Re: Dear People Hating On Cyriacks Read....
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2012, 01:05:13 am »
We never used the flash drive accounts. The XRG clan did not let us use them, first 2 games we played we used our normal accounts Notloc918 and Oneshot2k9. Yes if we could have used them we would have, Yeah we paid him 10 dollars to use them but in all reality we never got to use them for an actual game in the tournament. So next time you include my name or others get your facts straight. First off you started saying things to the other team, which would include your entire "team". To be honest we didn't even get close to winning it anyway so why should it matter what we used. When you had to use the setup everyone else used you got destroyed. Sorry to say it, you lost. Taannkk and Dankyy won, fair. They won every single match with out a "modded" xbox/flash drive. Thank you, see you at the next tournament, with no flash drives? Awesome

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: oneshot2k9
Sorry Bro I even dislike the way this tourney was done... but the flash drive thing is legit and it solves alot of the lan issues that we have with mw3 if everyone had one or u had one with the software on it then there would be argument on who has what u cant get cause ur not a level 80... i am going to download the program and put it on a flash my self.... and the ban thing ur talking about is a glitch that was patched along time ago and yes a few were banned but that was modding there on-line accounts not making the set up for LAN expandable.... nothing i have found so far on the mp-data flash drive LAN mod effects any of the weapon skills or the ability to do anything special... oh and another thing i like that you run the tourneys.. but u don't need to let these XRG clan rooks try to change the way we have been doing stuff... the rules are not mlg to a T but u do try thanks for all ur hard work..... because tac knifes are legal in mlg the only pistol attachment band is akimbo.. just for future reference.... oh and we gotta set the stuff up and get stuff runing a few hours before the sign ups start

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: oneshot2k9
MLG GAMEBATTLES TOURNEY RULES AND MAPS

Primary and Secondary Grenades are allowed.

Secondary Weapons are allowed.

Proficiencies are allowed except for those banned below.

Banned Items:

Banned Weapons
        All Shotguns
        All Launchers
        Riot Shield

Banned Lethals
        Bouncing Betty
        Claymore
        C4

Banned Tacticals
        Scrambler
        EMP Grenade
        Trophy System
        Tactical Insertion
        Portable Radar

Banned Attachments
        Akimbo
        Rapid Fire
        Shotgun
        Grenade Launcher
        Heartbeat Sensor

Banned Proficiencies
        Attachments

Banned Perks
        Recon
        Overkill
        Blastshield

Players must set their Death Streak to Hollow Point. Using any other Death Streak will result in a forfeit.

Breaking of rules 1-5 will result in a forfeit of the game/map.

Arming the bomb on top of any bomb site is a forfeiture of the map

Search and Destroy - Underground
Search and Destroy - Bootleg
Search and Destroy - Arkaden
Search and Destroy - Hardhat
Search and Destroy - Dome

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
so i hear SC5 was... natsu vs natsu vs natsu vs natsu vs natsu vs...

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
  • "By the numbers, boys."
    • View Profile
In regards to the odd questioning of the map pool. ???

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/GSL_Maps

I am trying to use a combination of maps from the GSL & MLG

The GSL map pool is considered to be the most up to date and balanced map pool.

I included other maps for fun or got them from other tournaments. Not sure why anyone would only ever want to play MLG maps or would only ever take MLG in to consideration. I'm considering StarCraft 2 from a global standpoint, as such I will take consider first and foremost the leading StarCraft 2 league.. GSL..

Hopefully the changes made to the map pool sit better with some people.

Also if you've never heard of the GSL please do yourself a favor an become more involved in watching it, it's the top tier of the world as far as StarCraft 2 is concerned..

Thanks for the input everyone!

So about sc2, the map pool still hasn't be released. Please announce them so I know what maps I need to pratice on

Thanks

Sorry about the delay guys. Work and life got super busy for a second.

These rules are going to change constantly, in particular I would like to hear opinions on the map pool. I may need a few more map choices, but I don't want to exceed 10-12 total.

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3942.0.html

Why are we using these maps? These are out of date... terminus, and crossfire both arent used anymore... plus why isnt shakuras plateau in here?

Totally.... Like we discussed today we got it all worked out and it was really cool getting to meet you and getting a chance to talk with you and move things along  in the tourney! You're a great CL :D *Cheers*

Thanks man! I had a great time with all of you. I'm excited about future events and I want to express my gratitude to everyone who worked to make this happen. Thank you thank you thank you. I will post details about the finals happening next Sunday within 24 hours.

It was amazing to meet all of the awesome people we have running these events. Tons of special thanks to Saif and Sam for helping me out!
Tulsa BarCraft - facebook.com/tulsabarcraft
Twitter - @BarCraftOK
Reddit - reddit.com/r/barcraftOK

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks
Re: Dear People Hating On Cyriacks Read....
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:16 am »
We never used the flash drive accounts. The XRG clan did not let us use them, first 2 games we played we used our normal accounts Notloc918 and Oneshot2k9. Yes if we could have used them we would have, Yeah we paid him 10 dollars to use them but in all reality we never got to use them for an actual game in the tournament. So next time you include my name or others get your facts straight. First off you started saying things to the other team, which would include your entire "team". To be honest we didn't even get close to winning it anyway so why should it matter what we used. When you had to use the setup everyone else used you got destroyed. Sorry to say it, you lost. Taannkk and Dankyy won, fair. They won every single match with out a "modded" xbox/flash drive. Thank you, see you at the next tournament, with no flash drives? Awesome

Tank and Dank had there stuff leveled up. It just took them more time then me to get that way. There where at least 4 other xbox's that had the account Nxkes and Cyriacks(prestige 20s) Now i did this bcuz the only account on there were level 1 or something else really low so i wanted to be nice and let them use the accounts so that we can have more of a fair tournament so no it wasnt just me and my friends using the flash drive accounts. I had plenty of ppl ask me to use the flashdrive accounts and i let them its not fair that some team has to use stalker and the other team has turtle beachs. Next time ill bring more flashdrive and just either sell them or put them on all xbox's so its fair game and so i dont get called a cheater by cry babies
GT: Cyriacks

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
Re: Anybody complaining about Cyriacks And Nxkes PLZ READ
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »
sounds srs

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody complaining about Cyriacks And Nxkes PLZ READ
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:20 pm »
vidya games am srs bidness

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
Can we get results?

Offline dallegre

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
I made a thread about this but thought I'd post in this thread just in case anyone sees it.

I'm missing my headphones that I'm pretty sure I left in the starcraft section of the event last night. They're Sennheiser HD280s, and I was just wondering if anybody picked them up last night. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Sorry Bro I even dislike the way this tourney was done... but the flash drive thing is legit and it solves alot of the lan issues that we have with mw3 if everyone had one or u had one with the software on it then there would be argument on who has what u cant get cause ur not a level 80... i am going to download the program and put it on a flash my self.... and the ban thing ur talking about is a glitch that was patched along time ago and yes a few were banned but that was modding there on-line accounts not making the set up for LAN expandable.... nothing i have found so far on the mp-data flash drive LAN mod effects any of the weapon skills or the ability to do anything special... oh and another thing i like that you run the tourneys.. but u don't need to let these XRG clan rooks try to change the way we have been doing stuff... the rules are not mlg to a T but u do try thanks for all ur hard work..... because tac knifes are legal in mlg the only pistol attachment band is akimbo.. just for future reference.... oh and we gotta set the stuff up and get stuff runing a few hours before the sign ups start

First of all my LAN was ran fine... the only thing was wrong with it was the bickering and complaining. XRG didnt run nothing they gave me suggestions and so did other people gave me suggestions that were fair... period.. I let you guys run on your set ups majority of the time and only made things fair due to Modern Warfare sucks on LAN period. You ran with your Unlocks majority of the tourney right? OK so you dont have right to say I dont like the way this tournament was ran Timmy didnt drop the ball. You should be mad at your peers for not listening to timmy and unlocking stuff themselves. Your community did things wrong.. Ill fix it next time.. but   not one person brought flash drives except normals so we gotta be on a level playing field. OK?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
I made a thread about this but thought I'd post in this thread just in case anyone sees it.

I'm missing my headphones that I'm pretty sure I left in the starcraft section of the event last night. They're Sennheiser HD280s, and I was just wondering if anybody picked them up last night. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got them.

We (Tulsa BarCraft) kept the headphones when we found them while packing up and leaving. That's awesome you posted here. I was about to make a post about them and decided to check this thread again. Let me know if you live in the area and I can bring them to you!
Twitter - @BarCraftOK

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile

I've got them.

We (Tulsa BarCraft) kept the headphones when we found them while packing up and leaving. That's awesome you posted here. I was about to make a post about them and decided to check this thread again. Let me know if you live in the area and I can bring them to you!

Just sent you my contact info
Twitter - @BarCraftOK

Offline dallegre

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile

I've got them.

Just sent you my contact info

Did you send me a PM? If so, I didn't get it. Anyways, I live in Lawrence, KS, so if you could mail them to me I could reimburse you for shipping cost.

My address is

David Allegre
Pearson Scholarship Hall
1426 Alumni Place
Lawrence, KS 66044

Thanks for picking them up and checking the forum, I figured one of you guys had them but I wasn't sure how to get in touch.