Author Topic: OKC - Izumicon Events, H3, GoW2, SSBB, SC4, RB2, DDR, Naruto, DBZ - 11/21-23/08  (Read 10425 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

GAMERS!  Check out our new special above!

That's right!  If your not really an anime fan, or interested in the convention, OKgamers.com has gotten you the hookup!  Gain entry to the event for only $15 Saturday!  Gain access to their entire gameroom, as well as being able to play in tournaments the entire day - for a discounted OKgamers.com exclusive rate!  This of course is only for gamers that use the site, or hear about it from the site, so chalk up another reason to love and spread the word about OKgamers.com!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Raidenwins

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
awesome! So how do we get the pass, do we just show up there or do we have to pre-order or something? also, how do we prove we are OKGamers members? I mean, we pretty much all know each other, but still. I guess we just tell them our username?

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Oh wow, it's 15 bucks for the gamers, but I assume I couldn't use the rest of the con at will with that right?

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
Also everyone remember to bring all your equipment and setups/controllers there is nothing worse than gamers whining they cant play there game bc someone else didnt bring it for them.
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
I must regretfully decline on this tournament.

Best of luck and I hope everyone enjoys the 'con.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
awesome! So how do we get the pass, do we just show up there or do we have to pre-order or something? also, how do we prove we are OKGamers members? I mean, we pretty much all know each other, but still. I guess we just tell them our username?

You just need to ask for it.  As we are the only ones that know about it - that's the exclusive part :) Just so long as you are a member, or hear about it from the site, that's all that mattered!

I'll be there Friday, and Saturday!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

TuRoK

what are the prizes for gh3? rb2? And is the rb2 tournament going on at the same time as gh3? Cause I want to enter in both... lol... I will probably be there along with my good buddy jterm

Offline Raidenwins

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
I don't think anybody has mentioned which version of the game are we playing? PS3 or XBox 360? I play the PS3 version and will bring my controller. I haven't played the 360 version.

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
The games don't matter. the RAVE is where its at!

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Sounds good and gratz on winning the tournament saif and the Meta knight.

I have no respect for anyone the plays MK in tournaments.

Offline Raidenwins

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
I am originally an MK player, I started my online gaming "career" with MK: Deception which was a pretty good fighter. I used to main Raiden then, that's where my handle comes from. But after MK Armageddon (which was a total piece of gaming crap) came out I migrated to Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter. The last MK game that just came out seems rather mediocre, looks like I'll be sticking with Soul Calibur at least for a while.

btw, the tournament was good despite the low turnout. Had some good fights and learned a few new things. Congrats to Saif for winning.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:26:35 am by Raidenwins »

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Huuuh??

The message I sent Josh wasn't about winning the tournament, it was about the best compliment evar lol.

I played a guy towards the end that was using a Fox iirc for a main.  Could have been Toon, but I think it was Fox.  Anyway - when I beat him he switched to MK - aka Meta Knight.  At that point I lost one match on PT statdium due to some awesome decisions on my part lol.  I countered by going to FD, and beating his MK with Rob...

...at which point, last hit being Rob's neutral air - he exclaimed that I sir, was cheap :)

I could barely make it out, so I said "I hope you didn't just say I was cheap."  And then we shook hands, and as he started to walk off said that yea, he did call it cheap.  I let him know anyone that uses a character that is about to be banned, could barely be calling anything I do cheap :)  (And for the record, I used a fairly healthy Rob, nothing really whored other than maybe c-stick down a bit :))

Anyway - at that point I just had to send Josh a message about the compliment of the day lool.

The event overall - was more 'gaming' than gamer focused.  As a result of that things didn't quite get handled as OKgamers would usually do it for the hardcore, vs casual.  Good times were had, and that is what matters in the end :)

Raidenwins - thanks!  And yea, MK = Meta Knight in SSBB.  And even if it was a small tournament (alot of would be tournament goers were either ran off by the guy you played in losers, myself, or of course cost heh) it was good times, and I AM buying a PS3 stick AS we speak lol.  My poor X doesn't do well on a pad -_-;

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
FINALLY you're getting a stick, yay to the 3rd power

Offline Raidenwins

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile

Huuuh??

The message I sent Josh wasn't about winning the tournament, it was about the best compliment evar lol.

I played a guy towards the end that was using a Fox iirc for a main.  Could have been Toon, but I think it was Fox.  Anyway - when I beat him he switched to MK - aka Meta Knight.  At that point I lost one match on PT statdium due to some awesome decisions on my part lol.  I countered by going to FD, and beating his MK with Rob...

...at which point, last hit being Rob's neutral air - he exclaimed that I sir, was cheap :)

I could barely make it out, so I said "I hope you didn't just say I was cheap."  And then we shook hands, and as he started to walk off said that yea, he did call it cheap.  I let him know anyone that uses a character that is about to be banned, could barely be calling anything I do cheap :)  (And for the record, I used a fairly healthy Rob, nothing really whored other than maybe c-stick down a bit :))

Anyway - at that point I just had to send Josh a message about the compliment of the day lool.

The event overall - was more 'gaming' than gamer focused.  As a result of that things didn't quite get handled as OKgamers would usually do it for the hardcore, vs casual.  Good times were had, and that is what matters in the end :)

Raidenwins - thanks!  And yea, MK = Meta Knight in SSBB.  And even if it was a small tournament (alot of would be tournament goers were either ran off by the guy you played in losers, myself, or of course cost heh) it was good times, and I AM buying a PS3 stick AS we speak lol.  My poor X doesn't do well on a pad -_-;

X A

Duh, I feel stupid now, lol.

So does that mean you are getting a PS3 also? If yes, we should get some games online. Hopefully the lag won't be bad.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:50:39 pm by Raidenwins »

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Eventually - yes to a ps3 :)

SC tournament - what is the preferred OK platform for SC?  360? Ps3?

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1934.0

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals