Author Topic: SSBB players - Should OKgamers take the policy of BANNING MK?  (Read 9678 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: SSBB players - Should OKgamers take the policy of BANNING MK?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »
Banning metaknight is a stupid solution for people who can't learn matchups... As a site trying to hold competetive tournaments look at every other tournament... metaknight is allowed... allow metaknight, if people who play brawl go to play and win then they should know matchups and be good enough to beat metaknight or they should lose to metaknight... this coming from a non metaknight main...

He's got a point.. I say until the competitive market bans him I say keep him.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 03:32:53 am »
Banning metaknight is a stupid solution for people who can't learn matchups... As a site trying to hold competetive tournaments look at every other tournament... metaknight is allowed... allow metaknight, if people who play brawl go to play and win then they should know matchups and be good enough to beat metaknight or they should lose to metaknight... this coming from a non metaknight main...

If you really think people not learning the matchup are the problem, I don't think you've played enough MK :)  Or, your from TX, have played too much MK, and have gone the numb way, instead of utter total hatred!  Eitherway, this sort of talk wasn't approached lightly, nor from a "wheeeh, he's hard, let's ban him" sort of mentality.

AS FOR THIS SITE:

OKgamers isn't trying to hold competitive tournaments, per-say - we were approaching a topic on a local level.  We've held plenty of successful events to promote the fact the site exists - which is our goal in the first place.  What we were discussing here - would it be better for our local community to just GET RID of MK.  The Soul Calibur community waited too long to ban Hilde - and that helped spell it's doom - MK really has killed SSBB, and well, we were simply trying to help offer options.

The poll "Went through" - but the decision and debate proved to be lackluster at best:  MK has already done his damage.  Norman plays, Tulsa plays, but I don't think anyone cares like they used to, and we've definitely lost numbers at recent events.

...Hopefully OHSNAP and the TCC 3/26 event will prove to show a resurgence.

As for rules - with the Norman community of Smashers trying to keep on top of rules way better than anyone in Tulsa has been keeping me in the loop?  We'll probably just adopt OHSNAP's rules for 3/26 - unless there is a horrible gap / group of issues that come up.

And I know - Norman won't ban MK - so once again - discussion fades off, and MK continues to kill off Smash :)  Or, so we'll see.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 01:24:36 am »
Personally, I only have a problem with people who only pick up MK to win. If somebody's using a pocket MK, you can beat them if you're the better player who knows the MU.
As far as I know, Oklahoma doesn't have any douchebag MKs. I get the feeling Bryan uses him because he's a better  version of Marth, Will wanted to use him before brawl even came out, and Deezy's MK is beatable anyway. :P