Author Topic: Oklahoma Mortal Kombat facebook group  (Read 6482 times)

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
Oklahoma Mortal Kombat facebook group
« on: June 15, 2011, 05:43:23 pm »
Hey all,

Hey we need more Mortal Kombat players in Oklahoma!!! There is a game night and tournament EVERY WEEK for this game! Join our facebook group - the description has all the needed information for Oklahoma Mortal Kombat!

Join us!!!.... JOIN USSS!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_136787209732728
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:51:23 pm by BiPoLar BuNNy »

Offline 23rd_letter_assasin

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Tracy_UNO
Re: Oklahoma Mortal Kombat facebook group
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:35:50 pm »
is there still a weekly tourney?
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:30:32 pm »
Died out a while back due to lack of community interest.  Only 1-2 mk serious players, tops, in tulsa.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:39:03 pm »
so is the whole site dead? if not, what are you guys most active in nowadays? just joined today. feeling like sticking controllers in the tumbleweeds around here and going to work anyways......
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:56:04 pm »
Mk never took off in tulsa.  Ssf4 is doing ok and I think there are some mvc3 players around here some where.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »
whose the other two people. do you know?

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:06:20 pm »
I was one and Trillz was the other, but he moved to Stillwater for school and I stopped playing about 6 weeks ago.  There's a growing group in Norman though if you want to find good people to play.

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:35 pm »
thanks for the info.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:41 pm »
Died out a while back due to lack of community interest.  Only 1-2 mk serious players, tops, in tulsa.

Rev you do realize you are the one killing Mortal Kombat now.. you gotta stop saying its dead and say we got to get more people involved.

tournament October 1st
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:15:09 pm »
It is what it is.  I didn't say it was dead in Oklahoma, just in tulsa.  Also mentioned where in Oklahoma its not dead.  Your tournament is in okc, not tulsa, where there are people playing.  Can't kill something that was never alive to begin with.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 10:30:24 pm »
It is what it is.  I didn't say it was dead in Oklahoma, just in tulsa.  Also mentioned where in Oklahoma its not dead.  Your tournament is in okc, not tulsa, where there are people playing.  Can't kill something that was never alive to begin with.

Yea but your scaring people off. Trust me I seen this before. Its not dead up there. There was like ten people coming to those weeklies wasnt it? Did you come to Super Bit Wars?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 09:18:11 am »
10 people? lol no not at all, try half of half of that

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:06 am »
In 3 months, we only had 2 nights where we had others outside of the people who live in my house and the one guy we actually were able to recruit (TheTrillz).  As I mentioned before, we put out the word in force.  Went to other game nights.  Set up a system at Alien Games a few times (only one of the SF kids would play with us from time to time, the rest had no interest and neither did onlookers.), BiPolar and her infinite cuteness flooded local game scenes on facebook and on here, I flooded all the major MK sites and a couple of cross game sites, TheTrillz hunted down people in the online scene for xbox, I found a couple through ps3, we attended any/all MK tournaments within 50 miles of us.  I talked to a couple of gaming stores, one being game exchange at 21st and sheridan and told them that if people come in wanting to play mk, they could find our mk night on okgamers.

There was no lack of try or trying in the wrong areas, and there was most definitely a group effort.  People just want to play it online or not at all in the Tulsa area.  Its funny that I hear mention of "other Tulsa mk players at TnT", because a couple of them who got stomped at the tournament frequent the shout box on mku and they were discussing getting destroyed at the tournament.  I mention game night and they STILL refused to do offline play.

If people magically start appearing saying "I want to play MK Offline in Tulsa", I'd be open to the idea of playing again, but for now, I'm just going to take it at face value and call it as I see it.  Since, last I heard, the Norman group is still doing well, I will funnel the one or two people in Tulsa to them if they wish to play in a competitive OFFLINE setting.

I didn't make it to SBW because I was in Raleigh, North Carolina on a business trip for the past 3 weeks.  From what I hear though, the turnout is what would have been expected.  A couple of dedicated MK players and a few cross-gaming players.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:49:42 am by rev »

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:51:41 am »
There's not even a page two for this thread yet. That should put the cherry on the pie amirite?! LOL?
"ODLei"

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 12:22:17 pm »
Tim, I said it beforel,MK is dead in Tulsa. It's so easy to assume we had 10 plus people for weeklies since you're in OKC and never went to the MK night but if you would have went and not assumed you would have quickly found out that the Tulsa group only consisted of Rev, Bipolar, and I. Heck even Bipolar dropped the game after a week of the MK night announcement.

Anyways, I'm certain there are a few top level MK players in OKC, I know for a fact that Raidenwins, RayboneKilla, and Gamerblake90 are around the OKC area and even though that might not seem like a lot Rbk is no joke and those other 2 know how to play the game on the next level after seeing videos of their Offline gameplay. So with anyone interested in MK, they should message one of these guys and I'm certain they will set up a casuals night around OKC.

Again, and lastly I'm done with this game. Anyone interested in playing me from Tulsa better be willing to drive down to Stillwater, with a copy of the game, come to my dorm, and only play me best out of 3 because I've about given up on this game. I'm not trying to sound whiny but this is a game that I wanted to be competitive and spend already a good effort of my time and don't feel like making this a job (well unless someone is going to pay me  to do it than yeah :) ).