Author Topic: MK in henryetta????  (Read 6508 times)

Offline 23rd_letter_assasin

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Tracy_UNO
MK in henryetta????
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:29:08 pm »
I just moved there and wanted to know if anyone there might be on the site. I mainly play MK but open to suggestions if your there and wanna play......
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: MK in henryetta????
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:57:32 pm »
are there any members that can suggest a game to try? having dificulty finding MK players here to play and would like to get some action from this "community" everyone speaks about. i seen how most would play older games that MK, so let me know what those old games are so i can check into them.
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:36:33 pm »
is the non response to the thread somewhat ironic?

*shrugs

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 06:58:03 pm »
You kind of drew the short straw when you moved to henryetta =[

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:49 pm »
i see. thought teh internets would have helped with that but guess not.

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 01:59:50 am »
I won't speak for everyone, but fighting games have horrible netcode, making them quite frustrating and not terribly fun to play online if you are an offline fighter like many of the people on here who play fighting games.  Your best bet is to try to con people into playing at your house. Offer cheap puzza or something.  If that doesn't work, go to mortalkombatunited.com.  that is the major online community for mk9.  Testyourmight.com is the major offline site.  Good luck.

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:24:13 am »
Sucks you moved to Henryettea, pretty small place

You are only about an hour from Tulsa where they play MK quite a bit, if you're willing to come here for play you will find some friends

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »
I won't speak for everyone, but fighting games have horrible netcode, making them quite frustrating and not terribly fun to play online if you are an offline fighter like many of the people on here who play fighting games.  Your best bet is to try to con people into playing at your house. Offer cheap puzza or something.  If that doesn't work, go to mortalkombatunited.com.  that is the major online community for mk9.  Testyourmight.com is the major offline site.  Good luck.

Do mortalkombatunited.com have search feature for like locals that play MK9?
what about Testyourmight.com
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 03:05:12 pm »

You are only about an hour from Tulsa where they play MK quite a bit, if you're willing to come here for play you will find some friends

im from tulsa and just moved  last month but still wasnt getting any knowlegde about people who played. you know some people? i still work in tulsa and have family that i visit there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:08:06 pm by 23rd_letter_assasin »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:26 am »

im from tulsa and just moved  last month but still wasnt getting any knowlegde about people who played. you know some people? i still work in tulsa and have family that i visit there.

I suggest Alien games. Alot of the mk fighters disappeared. We are having a mk9 tournament in okc this weekend.  Rev is a serious mk9 fighter.
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 03:22:31 pm »

I read this as "I thought those who lived in Henryetta might be online, and looking for people as well"

If that's the case - then no, sadly the minority are online in OK - for whatever reason...

...I guess we haven't gotten to the age of enlightenment that "Hey.  I enjoy this.  I should type my interest into a search engine, and see what comes up around me..."

--

However.  With a little footwork, you might be able to rally some locals.

Every city has a grocery store.
Every city has a hang out for younger people...

If OKgamers were to provide you with a generic "Do you play MK - visit OKgamers.com" poster for you to print out - would you use it?  Print out a few, and hit up your local stores asking them to hang it?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 05:51:22 pm »

I read this as "I thought those who lived in Henryetta might be online, and looking for people as well"

If that's the case - then no, sadly the minority are online in OK - for whatever reason...

...I guess we haven't gotten to the age of enlightenment that "Hey.  I enjoy this.  I should type my interest into a search engine, and see what comes up around me..."

--

However.  With a little footwork, you might be able to rally some locals.

Every city has a grocery store.
Every city has a hang out for younger people...

If OKgamers were to provide you with a generic "Do you play MK - visit OKgamers.com" poster for you to print out - would you use it?  Print out a few, and hit up your local stores asking them to hang it?

X A

i would do that. i'm kinda interested to see how it would turn out. 

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »

I suggest Alien games. Alot of the mk fighters disappeared. We are having a mk9 tournament in okc this weekend.  Rev is a serious mk9 fighter.

its funny you mentioned rev. Even he wouldnt accept the invite to try to play online. But in his defense, the thread wasnt direct in asking people to play. it was implied.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »
Yea which my next solution is to have an online tournament lol
HxC LAN Center

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »
Yea which my next solution is to have an online tournament lol

online tournament? that might do the trick. kinda off subject but have you tried the KOH mode online in MK? I've never got to start a match due to the sucky netcode (i guess) people mention. I always have to reset my PS3 in order to get out of it.