Author Topic: A Question  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Hahanotfunny

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
A Question
« on: June 15, 2010, 11:09:06 pm »
I play online games on my PS2 and Xbox, but I also like to play fighting games like Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my PC with services like GGPO. Is it allowed to set matchups for emulators like these on this website?  It would be really nice to play with someone from my own state for once...

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: A Question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:14:48 pm »
This treads a very fine line. Okgamers doesn't support pirating in any fashion. Such discussions should be handled in PMs.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

DarkWraith56

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:32:58 pm »
This treads a very fine line. Okgamers doesn't support pirating in any fashion. Such discussions should be handled in PMs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this thread, if you have a problem with something simply report it, and it will be reviewed.

Offline Hahanotfunny

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:59 pm »
From the two differing answers I'm still not sure. So for now, I guess I'll have to keep my eyes on this thread until a mod replies.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:43:16 pm »
From the two differing answers I'm still not sure. So for now, I guess I'll have to keep my eyes on this thread until a mod replies.

yeah, i am a mod, as far as i know i think its fine unless X_A has some secret hate for SSF2, you are fine.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:46 pm »

yeah, i am a mod, as far as i know i think its fine unless X_A has some secret hate for SSF2, you are fine.
[/quote]

i hear he likes 3 best
I play online games on my PS2 and Xbox, but I also like to play fighting games like Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my PC with services like GGPO. Is it allowed to set matchups for emulators like these on this website?  It would be really nice to play with someone from my own state for once...

there are emulators that are illegal and emulators that are not

from a brief visit to the site it would seem to me that this is completely legal as long as the game (rom) in question is no longer commercially available anywhere, or you legally obtained it

that being said, i doubt you will find anyone who uses this, but you are more than welcome to try

Offline Hahanotfunny

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 12:22:50 am »
Great, sounds good to me. Thanks for the answers!