Author Topic: XBL - Modern Warfare 3 Weekly OK State League - Saturdays  (Read 6057 times)

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: oneshot2k9
XBL - Modern Warfare 3 Weekly OK State League - Saturdays
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:24:24 pm »
MW3 Leauge Season One

GOOGLE MAP LINK (based off address)

In online  on starting april28.2012
6pm

Address: online

Game List: s&d and domination

Event Description:
Since Our game maker doesn't have much to offer the competitive gamer.. i have got with a few teams and discussed putting together a league.. its pretty simple and it pays and we all get to know each other expand our community and i have a few web site sponcers i have talked to that would like to watch and maybe give a helping hand...so here it is..

*each team must have 4 players
*the teams will play once a week I'm thinking sat..
depending on the number of teams will determine how many weeks I'm thinking no more than ten weeks unless there are more than ten team...
stats will be kept on KD-R wins 4-0's and most plants
all teams will report wins and stats after there matches to the forum... a admin or myself will tally the stats and will have all of them posted on the forum for everyone to see..
there will be 6 maps played all teams will play each map at least once in the season...
at the end of the season there will be a tournament and the winner of the season will get to pick there seed...
that tournament will be $100 a team 3 weeks after the season.all entry's for that tournament will deadline for one week before the tourney.. no last min entries... PayPal accounts will be set up for these moneys... all money will be paid out within 24hours....
each team must have a PayPal..
Everyone on your team Must LIVE in Oklahoma..
The League Entry is $50 per team pay outs are basted on number of teams but here are the splits

50% for first
20% for second
15% for top player
15% for top female player  (if no females join then it goes to the team with the most 4-0 wins if that's a tie its the team with the most kills out of the tie)

all games must be recorded and each team capt. must title and label then and put them in there vault for further review in case of dispute ....

any and all illegal guns weather used or not i they are strapped on your back or are used in a game u will be DQ from the map.. and your team will get a zero in the stats...
i will re post the rules again once we get close to starting..
nothing will be changed the whole season..
no roster jumping once you have been registered on a team you on it.. no changing gamer tags the whole season..you are allowed one sub to sub for a player one time every 5 weeks...
if a team member or opponent lags out within the first 30 seconds you must re-start the game... if anyone lags out after they can not rejoin til the next round....host will be the home team...
and they will always go top...

Weapon Restrictions are as follows

no emp grenades
no port radars
no jammers
no trophies
no bettys
no claymores
no launchers
no machine pistols.
no dual welding
no rapid fire
no overkill
no killstreaks
no dual attachments
no blast shield
no recon
no other death streak than hollowpoint

maps are

dome
arkadin
seatown
underground
carbon
mission

s&d is a race to 4 wins flip every round
     bomb time 7.5  defuse 7.5
game time 2.5 killstreaks-off..... kill cam-team only...custom classes enabled

demolition
    4 rounds flip every round if tied at the end same map s&d one round

standard set up no killstreaks and team only kill cams...

let me know if you want in

918 812 6105

Entry / Location / Tournament Costs:
$50 per team 4v4 for the whole season

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: online - MW3 Leauge Season One - starting april28.2012
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:52:21 am »
See stuff like this you are just creating ANOTHER clique.. but ok Ill support it! You are not helping by doing this.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:03 am »
please do tell me how this is bad and how this affects the lan.... this is online and its not set just an idea

Offline rougher

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:36:30 pm »
i think this is a good idea PRIZES/MONEY!!!! is whats gets people together. lol the tourney we won for Timmy he said we would get something that friday and we didint get ♥♥♥♥ but im still waiting on the apology for making us wait all day to end up with ♥♥♥♥ in our hands just saying :)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 02:16:40 pm »
this is online and its not set just an idea

Oneshot - this forum is NOT FOR IDEAS - if you are not 110% committed to organizing and carrying out this event online for Oklahoma players, you need to post as such, and we need to move this to Planning and Hype or the FPS Competition Finder forum NOW.

Please let us know.

--

While I cannot weigh in on 'helping or hurting' as I'm not as in tune with the FPS community as Ricky and yourself, I do know I'd like you consider a few more edits, and a few required ones:

online - MW3 Leauge Season One - starting april28.2012

Is a bit misleading, I'd prefer something along the lines of:
XBL - MW3 Weekly League - DAY OF WEEK HERE

So, if you play on Saturdays, you might want to make the title actually:

Since you are implying a season, you need to post your end of the season date as well, not just the start.

As for your content, it'd be preferred to get to the "Oklahoma state gamers only" part as early in the content as possible.

A - we didn't used to allow Online events to be posted AT ALL, so getting the clarification of it being OK gamers only higher up, would help.
B - we do get traffic in from other states regularly, better to be as up front on that rule as possible.
C - you'll probably want to be clear on how you'll determine OK state status.

--

OKgamers.com is a resource for gamers new and old, and businesses to get the word out about their events: that said, I am very serious about the "it's either happening, or it's not in this forum, period."  We do not allow half baked events in this forum; if you are not sure you want to do this for a entire "season", say that, and make it just once.  If you are not committed to doing it weekly, change that, etc.

All I know?  You are biting off a big chunk of committment; do not post false information in THIS forum.  Post exactly what your doing, not wishing, wanting, etc.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 02:42:37 pm »
MW3 Leauge Season One

GOOGLE MAP LINK (based off address)

In online  on starting april28.2012
6pm

Address: online

Game List: s&d and domination

Event Description:
Since Our game maker doesn't have much to offer the competitive gamer.. i have got with a few teams and discussed putting together a league.. its pretty simple and it pays and we all get to know each other expand our community and i have a few web site sponcers i have talked to that would like to watch and maybe give a helping hand...so here it is..

*each team must have 4 players
*the teams will play once a week I'm thinking sat..
depending on the number of teams will determine how many weeks I'm thinking no more than ten weeks unless there are more than ten team...
stats will be kept on KD-R wins 4-0's and most plants
all teams will report wins and stats after there matches to the forum... a admin or myself will tally the stats and will have all of them posted on the forum for everyone to see..
there will be 6 maps played all teams will play each map at least once in the season...
at the end of the season there will be a tournament and the winner of the season will get to pick there seed...
that tournament will be $100 a team 3 weeks after the season.all entry's for that tournament will deadline for one week before the tourney.. no last min entries... PayPal accounts will be set up for these moneys... all money will be paid out within 24hours....
each team must have a PayPal..
Everyone on your team Must LIVE in Oklahoma..
The League Entry is $50 per team pay outs are basted on number of teams but here are the splits

50% for first
20% for second
15% for top player
15% for top female player  (if no females join then it goes to the team with the most 4-0 wins if that's a tie its the team with the most kills out of the tie)

all games must be recorded and each team capt. must title and label then and put them in there vault for further review in case of dispute ....

any and all illegal guns weather used or not i they are strapped on your back or are used in a game u will be DQ from the map.. and your team will get a zero in the stats...
i will re post the rules again once we get close to starting..
nothing will be changed the whole season..
no roster jumping once you have been registered on a team you on it.. no changing gamer tags the whole season..you are allowed one sub to sub for a player one time every 5 weeks...
if a team member or opponent lags out within the first 30 seconds you must re-start the game... if anyone lags out after they can not rejoin til the next round....host will be the home team...
and they will always go top...

Weapon Restrictions are as follows

no emp grenades
no port radars
no jammers
no trophies
no bettys
no claymores
no launchers
no machine pistols.
no dual welding
no rapid fire
no overkill
no killstreaks
no dual attachments
no blast shield
no recon
no other death streak than hollowpoint

maps are

dome
arkadin
seatown
underground
carbon
mission

s&d is a race to 4 wins flip every round
     bomb time 7.5  defuse 7.5
game time 2.5 killstreaks-off..... kill cam-team only...custom classes enabled

demolition
    4 rounds flip every round if tied at the end same map s&d one round

standard set up no killstreaks and team only kill cams...

let me know if you want in

918 812 6105

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Re: XBL - Modern Warfare 3 Weekly OK State League - Saturdays
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:38:48 pm »

Took your new thread as your "yea, it's just planning" - and then merged them.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »
i would like to do it just haven't talked to all the teams to see if i have at least 10 in it... if i do i think i have all the resources to make a very good league... Ive got alot of good feedback from a few teams that say there in and would love to do this

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »
i think this is a good idea PRIZES/MONEY!!!! is whats gets people together. lol the tourney we won for Timmy he said we would get something that friday and we didint get ♥♥♥♥ but im still waiting on the apology for making us wait all day to end up with ♥♥♥♥ in our hands just saying :)

I said and I quote "TBD... I'm talking to sponsors including GameStop about prizes, if they don't give me anything Ill give winners Swag" End quote. Online tournaments and prizes are everyone on the internet.. Ill support this but keep my comments to myself. Saif knows what I mean
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Chaotic

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: iichaotic-
  • XBL ID: Echology
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »
Ok just to start this off im not trying to be mean or anything but this is a stupid idea ya lets have online oklahoma league when there is no way to prove that the players are actually from oklahoma i mean lets face it its just not a good idea plus connection problems, people quitting out, proof, it just doesn't seem like it would be any good at all honestly id rather go to a lan that way there is no problems and u said 50$ is that a season or a match cause if that for the entire season thats really dumb bcuz you could go to a lan and win just as much. No offense to anyone just seems kinda like a dumb idea.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »
Ok just to start this off im not trying to be mean or anything but this is a stupid idea ya lets have online oklahoma league when there is no way to prove that the players are actually from oklahoma i mean lets face it its just not a good idea plus connection problems, people quitting out, proof, it just doesn't seem like it would be any good at all honestly id rather go to a lan that way there is no problems and u said 50$ is that a season or a match cause if that for the entire season thats really dumb bcuz you could go to a lan and win just as much. No offense to anyone just seems kinda like a dumb idea.

No way?

Phone Number where they can be reached - 918 / 405 / etc.  If they have no phone?
Facebook used to verify; if they've changed their location it'll even report that on the wall.  (You can compare schools, etc)
Web cam shot of a drivers license.
Web cam / photo of a piece of mail from their OK address.

And once they've gone through one of these processes, you could "Verify them" for a year.

And that's just my ideas off the cuff.

--

If you want to have an "Oklahoma League" you are going to have to do a bit more work than just starting a XBL room.

Anyway; if you are already showing frailties at a simple "how to determine if they are from OK or not", I fear you may not be the one to take this league idea forwards.  Not trying to be insulting; just being real.  Events = hectic.  Tournaments = a lot of planning, manpower, and time.  If you aren't prepared for that, please don't let the community build it's hopes up and then you drop out half way through.

And no - I'm not being mean, or trying to single anyone out: learn from Flip's example - <--- click that.  He got through 2 maybe 3 events before he went all sorts of PO'ed.  I'd consider him the average gamer type; learn from the previous examples to avoid repeating them; that's all I'm trying to do. 

I'd like to point out: as much fun as an event can be to ATTEND, it's a whole different ball game organizing them; more a less for an entire 'season'.  Anyone that wants help, or consulting;  the main site explains how to get OKg's help, and HxC's Ricky also helps out.  Key word there for Ricky, helps, not runs for you...

--

As for any "OH NO TIMMY DIDNT PAY?" Questions?

I've worked with Timmy Skorcher on many, many events.  While he's not failed to provide at an event we've worked with?  I'm not an amateur either.  I ask the right questions, and get the specifics.
"OH, A SPONSOR WILL PAY IF WE GET ENOUGH ATTENDANCE?"  - If you leave that conversation without knowing:
 - How many must attend to get prizes?  What prizes do we get for that number?
 - How does this scale?  How much in prizes for what attendees? 
 - Have you signed anything official for this sponsorship?  Have you worked with them in the past?
 - What does this sponsor require of us?  Photos?  Documentation?  Flyer or product dispersal?
 - Is there anything I haven't covered that I need to know?  Do you have any other concerns I haven't brought up?

Ricky's a great guy - but when he's a FACILITATOR - he's helping you, not running the show for you.  There's a difference in asking FOR HELP and asking FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO RUN THE SHOW.  There's no problem with asking for help; the problem is when you start assuming ANYTHING in developing an event.  Avoid assuming and you might just avoid having people to apologize to later; no guarantees though :D.

Ricky - in the future, have gamers that want to help you fill out some forms, answer some questions, etc; the more you formalize your assistance process, the less you'll have to deal with light weights that'll just burn out and cause you issues.  I'd suggest just going full contract; have explained what you are offering, and what you are not.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals