Author Topic: OKC - HxC Summer Season - 2010  (Read 5447 times)

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
OKC - HxC Summer Season - 2010
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »
OKGamers and Hardcore Gamers! This is where we will be posting our summer season event information for now until everything is set in stone. For now the information posted is the same info for the opener but with all the official dates listed and all the games/games rules. Enjoy!

Hello all OKGamers and HxC Gamers! Here are the details for the HxC Season Opener for 2010! We are excited to get our live events underway this year and hope to have an even better season than we did last year! Go ahead and check out the details below!

When:
May 29th, 2010
June 26th, 2010
July 31st, 2010
August 21st, 2010

Where:
The Biltmore Hotel
401 S Meridian Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 947-7681
Ballroom: Appaloosa
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Biltmore+Hotel+Oklahoma&fb=1&cid=0,0,1978394725764089781&near=Oklahoma+City,+OK&ei=kCYOSpXIItrEmQfv6JnHBQ&sa=X&oi=manybox&resnum=2&ct=10

Times:
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. -- Registration/Setup/Warm-Ups
2:30 p.m. -- Tournament Start

Prices:
Tournament Venue Fee - $5 Per Person
Halo 3 4v4 - $80 Per Team
Halo 3 FFA - $15 Per Player
SSBB 1v1 - $10 Per Player
Tekken 6 - $10 Per Player

**NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AT THIS TOURNAMENT -- NO EXCEPTIONS**

Tournament Entry Instructions

1st – Go to Table 1 and pay for your $5 Venue fee

2nd – After you pay for your Venue you fee, you will be given a name tag – DO NOT WRITE NAME ON NAME TAG!

3rd – After receiving your name tag go to table 2, here you will pay your tournament entry fees and get your names into the bracket, we will put your GT and tournaments on your name tag for you.
Note: 4v4 Teams must have all members present to pay!

4th – If you have any equipment you can set it up after steps 1-3 are finished.

5th – ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!

For Instant Tournament Updates:
You can either Sign up for our mobile club by going to this website - www.broadtexter.com/hxclancenter - OR you can Text "hxclancenter" to this number - 646-662-3101 - Signing up for our mobile club is only going to help you in the long run! By signing up you will know instantly when we have update some of our information on the our post here! And later on when the LAN Center opens you will recieve texts about specials and other things going on at the LAN Center! So please sign up!

Played in the last live HxC event? How about the Online tournament? If so you can check how many points you have earned by following this link: http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2410.0.html

Equipment:
We will be providing 8 Viewsonic TVs and at least 8 360s. Every 4v4 team NEEDS to bring their own setups (4 TVs, 4 Boxes, 4 Halo 3 copies). Everyone also needs to bring their own controllers, preferably wired but we aren’t going to say you can’t play with wireless. Also know that you WILL NOT be playing on your setups throughout the entire tournament, you will play on it but not every time.

Responsibility:
HxC will not be responsible for anyone’s equipment but our own. We suggest marking your equipment with your name somehow, whether that be tape and just your name on the tape or a sticker of some sort. However you want to do it, as long as you know its yours.

Prizes:
Halo 3 4v4 (Based on a 12 team Tournament)
1st - $500 Cash
2nd - $200 Cash

Halo 3 FFA (Based on a 24 player Tournament)
1st - $100
2nd - $50

SSBB 1v1 (Based on 24 Player Tournament)
1st - $100
2nd - $50

*Note: If there are less attendees than what we based the prizes on, then the prizes will be lowered.

Games:
Halo 3 4v4
We will be using MLG v8 settings for this tournament.
-Split-Screen Gameplay – WBR1/LBR1/LBR2
-Double Elimination
-Regular Rounds:  Slayer, Multi-Flag, Slayer
-Championship Round: Multi-Flag, Slayer, Oddball, King/Mulit-Flag, Slayer
-Round by Round Gametypes will be posted soon.
-24 Team Max

Halo 3 FFA
-Split-Screen Gameplay – RD1 (Pending on Attendance)
-Gametype: HxC FFA
-Map: Heretic FFA
-Top 4 Advance
-48 Player Max

Super Smash Brothers - Brawl
-1v1
-Double Elim
-We are using OKGamers Official SSBB rules throughout the season. Follow the link to get the rules - http://www.okgamers.com/pdf/ssbb-rules.pdf
-64 Player Max

Concessions
Unfortunately we are not allowed to bring in outside food or drink. But luckily there are a lot of fast food restaurants in the area.

Halo 3 Free Agent Pool

********SEEDING PROCESS FOR H3 4v4*********

-Points from the 2009 season will be used to seed the first event.
-Players will earn points by participating in online/live events.
-We will be giving the points to the individuals on the team, not the team as a whole. We are doing this because of the lack of consistency of teams sticking together.
-We will add all the players’, on one team, points together to give a grand total and then seed the team by that total.
-We will then take the team with the most points and put them in the bracket against the team with the least amount of points, then the team with the second most points and put them against the team with the second least amount of points so on and so forth.
-Any teams that do not have any points at a live event will be seeded in after all the other teams are seeded accordingly.

********Points System*********
-This will be used for all games during the span of the season.
     Live Events
     1st - 1200
     2nd - 1000
     3rd - 900
     4th - 800
     5th - 750
     6th-8th - 700
     9th-12th - 600
     Below 12th - 500

Online Events
     1st - 800
     2nd - 700
     3rd - 500
     4th - 400
     5th - 350
     6th-8th - 300
     9th-12th - 200
     Below 12th - 100
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:01:37 am by HxC_LAN_Center »

Offline okc rage

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dr HotSoup
Re: OKC - HxC Summer Season - 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:17:40 pm »
I suggest MW2
gt: Dr HotSoup

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:48:28 pm »
I suggest MW2

Heres some dates on our tournaments that we were thinking

May 28th, June 26th, July 24th or July 31st, August 28th (more then likely not) and Finals September 25th

MW2 will be the day after our events (ONLINE) Sorry guys Thanks to the makers of Call Of Duty. Since the MW2 events will be online we were thinking how much is a good price on entry fee?? 4v4 $5 bucks a person $20 a team or $10 a person $40 a team.. please post and give feedback
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:24 pm »
The finals date sucks. But that's because I'll be in college up in Kansas with no car, so I wouldn't be able to make it most likely.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:40:17 pm »
The finals date sucks. But that's because I'll be in college up in Kansas with no car, so I wouldn't be able to make it most likely.
I wanna do it.. on the 28th of August but its the day of an MLG event
HxC LAN Center

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:53 pm »
I wanna do it.. on the 28th of August but its the day of an MLG event
I wouldn't have been able to attend that either. But I guess you can't catch 'em all.

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline okc rage

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dr HotSoup
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:53:18 am »
I suggest MW2

May 28th, June 26th, July 24th or July 31st, August 28th (more then likely not) and Finals September 25th

MW2 will be the day after our events (ONLINE) Sorry guys Thanks to the makers of Call Of Duty. Since the MW2 events will be online we were thinking how much is a good price on entry fee?? 4v4 $5 bucks a person $20 a team or $10 a person $40 a team.. please post and give feedback
The lan problem is pretty annoying. Price sounds fine to me. How would we pay since its online?
gt: Dr HotSoup

Offline YeaBo0i

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »
All the dates seem cool to me, but it'd be nice to find out when the actual date to the first tourney will be. Not trying to rush or anything, but I have to plan around my job haha.
www.justin.tv/yeabo0i
Going to be streaming just about everynight from now on with the team, so check it out or follow me if you're bored ;)

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:05 pm »
All the dates seem cool to me, but it'd be nice to find out when the actual date to the first tourney will be. Not trying to rush or anything, but I have to plan around my job haha.
Yea, if they first tournament is in May we would need a couple weeks notice, or you can be like me and just no show up to work...

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »
I suggest MW2

10 a person
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 01:02:35 am »
OH we already know that May will be on the 29th... (last Saturday of each month so on except August) Should we do August tournament the week before MLG in Aug?
HxC LAN Center

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 02:33:27 am »
Are all the tournaments going to be at the Biltmore again?

I say you have the tournament a week before the August event. It'll be some good practice, and Ill be able to go

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 03:55:16 pm »
Are all the tournaments going to be at the Biltmore again?

I say you have the tournament a week before the August event. It'll be some good practice, and Ill be able to go
Yes at the Biltmore and yea we are pushing to end the last tournament in August and Maybe a Oklahoma Local bash in September
HxC LAN Center

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 10:52:01 am »
Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be updating the HxC Points tracker for H3 very soon! and will be releasing the official season details very soon as well!

Offline zKorrupt75

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:42:38 am »
I started playing again. Imma F/A for this. So just message KoRRupTTTTTTT (7t's) if you wanna run games or something.