Author Topic: Norman - HxC Super Bit Wars - Marvel Vs Capcom 3 & Mortal Kombat 9 - 8/20/2011  (Read 13475 times)

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Med school test.

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Arkansas should be sending a crew to SBW. Not 100% confirmed, but they are in talks to do so.

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
Anyone know how many are planning to show up? I MIGHT come down for MK9 but that is quite the drive just for one game.

Offline RayBoneKilla

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Raybonekilla
  • XBL ID: Other: Hailtothethief
I will be entering mk. Be ready kids.
"Revenge is a dish best served electric"

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Won't be there.  Currently in Raleigh, NC on business til September 2.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Anyone know how many are planning to show up? I MIGHT come down for MK9 but that is quite the drive just for one game.
105 people at the tournament confirmed via facebook. 60 dedicated fighters. So yea good turn out expected.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
105 people at the tournament confirmed via facebook. 60 dedicated fighters. So yea good turn out expected.

Looks like I might fill up my tank and take a drive today.

That sucks Rev that you won't be down there. I would have loved to beat up on your Ermac. JK

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Wow! There was a huge turnout for MK9, yep like 7 people!!!

Oh well, it still was fun to meet a few new people that knew how to play the game.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center

Oh well, it still was fun to meet a few new people that knew how to play the game.

Yea and over 100 plus gamers so that means you should help out and get the word out cuz all the other tournaments were 16 plus brackets.
HxC LAN Center

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile

Yea and over 100 plus gamers so that means you should help out and get the word out cuz all the other tournaments were 16 plus brackets.

Yeah I should. It's not like I posted in the forums and promoted MK9 gamenights or anything... Funny, I was speaking to people about the specifics of the game and since it wasn't MARVAH/SSF4 or Smash it's immediately garbage.

Also, how is this game suppose to have any sort of exposure if it gets moved down to the basement? I mean heck a BB setup was in the main gaming room being played the entire time with less than 4 or 5 people plugging in to play but no, MK9 has to be moved downstairs. If I was correct wasn't MK9 one of the games suppose to be featured? Funny huh!?

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
go steven, go!  you feel my frustration, lol...

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Even better is MK9 wasn't even originally in this tournament, while BB was, that's even funnier.

None of the big 3 were originally in this tournament, it was a Smash/anime dasher exclusive thing to begin with.
So naturally BB is where the rest of the anime crew is at while in reality MK was moved to the HxC room where HxC was hosting MK
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:27:28 am by Animefreak6969 »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center

Yeah I should. It's not like I posted in the forums and promoted MK9 gamenights or anything... Funny, I was speaking to people about the specifics of the game and since it wasn't MARVAH/SSF4 or Smash it's immediately garbage.

Also, how is this game suppose to have any sort of exposure if it gets moved down to the basement? I mean heck a BB setup was in the main gaming room being played the entire time with less than 4 or 5 people plugging in to play but no, MK9 has to be moved downstairs. If I was correct wasn't MK9 one of the games suppose to be featured? Funny huh!?

Moved to the basement? The tournament was held where it normally is held every month.. We've had 100 plus gamers in on that floor at Oh Snap? Game Nights dont work Like I said previously in forums cuz Oklahoma gamers are super lazy. Mortal Kombat is not garbage never listen to gamer gossip.. it will just p*** you off in the long run. Go to the event hosters and ask them, "How can we help make this better" GameStop took down all the flyers we passed out. Had they been up all the NEW people would've showed.

MK9 was moved because there was not a designated set up for it yet and easier to move. BB was already established and warming up. Dont worry bro we are doing another fighter tournament end of September I'm going to go recruit more MK9 players this weekend.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Affinity

• learned the ropes
  • [<o>]
    • View Profile
    • Affinity's Youtube
  • XBL ID: Affinity2412
Results??

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life