Author Topic: FFR Back!!!!......well....sort of  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Lupin7

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
FFR Back!!!!......well....sort of
« on: March 22, 2010, 05:17:19 pm »
        For those of you who are big fans of FFR (Flash Flash Revolution), a site on the internet that relates to DDR but used a keyboard instead of a dance pad, then you may have noticed that the site has been down ever since the end of December. Three months later..........the site has been resurrected! Well....sort of. The site was brought back by two guys named NSane and LD. Unfortunately, there is no stats and no profile, so every thing you do is basically 'offline'. Well, beggers can't be choosers I guess. At least I get to play some of the songs I like the most again. But another thing is that some songs are missing. This may because these songs are new and for some reason are not on the alternate site. By the way, the site is called www.ffr.lightdarkness.net. Type this in and you will get a description saying "Welcome to the new FFR" or somthing like that. It will also give you two new links. www.ffr.lightdarkness.net/FFR is the link to play FFR, and www.tasselfoot.com/forum/ is the link to see a forum created by someone named tasselfoot, a used-to-be employee of Synth, FFR creator. His forum will give you info on why FFR was down, and a bunch of other topics created by old FFR users. Anyway, I just wanted to let some of you know, since I know some of you play FFR after posts on my FFR tounament idea, mostly being makosira and I think Darkwraith. Anyways, I'm glad it's back....well......sort of.
Marathon Maniac #3199. So if anyone calls me a noob I'll play my trump card.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: FFR Back!!!!......well....sort of
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:49:46 pm »
Oh, thanks for finding this out! :D
I've missed FFR a lot, and I've been stuck playing JamLegend, which isn't really that bad, but still.

And the actual FFR website now has a new message, as if Synth or someone else has been actively trying to bring it back?
"Patience - check back soon."
http://flashflashrevolution.com/index.php

Edit:
Well, re-editing my edit to try something.

Ah, figured out the speedmod issue. And gawd, I'm so rusty. :o
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:00:44 am by makosira »
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

DarkWraith56

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:09:29 am »
Your not rusty, the timing on it is off.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:45:46 pm »
Even if the timing on it is off, I AM rusty at it.
I haven't played Stepmania OR FFR in months. Partly because Stepmania lags HORRIBLY on Vista(or at least just mine?) and FFR disappeared.

Second time playing on that site, and I FINALLY got an FC of Air. I could never hit two of the trills at the beginning at the right speed before. Also, horrible PA, but at least I didn't get any Averages. c:
Sorry for the large image.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:04:25 am by makosira »

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:07:23 am »
Sorry for bumping this, and double posting it seems, however, I would like to post a pretty great run I had of BB Evolution at my friend's house.
I don't have a screenshot or a picture because of that, however I do know the stats, except the exact number of Perfects. You'll see why.

Song: BB Evolution
Artist: AKHT
(Stats)
Perfects: 2000+ (I want to say somewhere in the 2300 area.)
Great/Good: 140
Average: 2
Miss: 2
Boo: 1

I messed up once at the beginning, and then once at the end because I started shaking. It's not the first time I've gotten a run this great, but it's been a LONG time, and doing great at this song always gets me. I don't think I've had one quite this good, though, simply because of the PA ratio.