Author Topic: Tulsa - SCI-FI HORROR WEEKEND (AE, MvC3, GoW:3 & more) - October 14-16  (Read 15789 times)

Offline Arthelos

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Arthelos
Re: Tulsa - SCI-FI HORROR WEEKEND (AE, MvC3, GoW:3 & more) - October 14-16
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 05:55:58 pm »
Okay look we are trying our hardest to get tournaments going but with no one signing up what can we do? I don't know about you but we can't make people magically want to sign up a tournament. As for gears well the guy was suppose to be running it didn't show. So no complaining if you think you can do better by all means I would like to learn
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:41:07 pm by Arthelos »
I find you lack of face disturbing

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 06:46:07 pm »
I second that S*** It's bad when the Tekken people showed up (there were only 4 of them but they showed!) and NO ONE ELSE DID. you can't say that well it's a convention. or the price was too high. or whatever ♥♥♥♥♥ EXCUSE you got! point and case, I've now thrown 2 tournaments to no avail.

You guys say you want more tournaments in Tulsa and God Dammit I'm trying. But with limited REAL interest, this tournaments like a car with a rocket attached to its ♥♥♥. The wheels fly off and ♥♥♥♥ goes everywhere in a matter of seconds. If you wanna blame someone. blame the interest. I sure as ♥♥♥♥♥ didn't wanna blow my weekend sitting in a room with more volunteers than actual gamers.

ALL THE BITCHING CAN STOP NOW!

Offline philiplee123

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 09:23:53 pm »
Alright flip, this was horrible. I wasted my 15 bucks for the gamer room so that I can walk in there, play vs people I don't see, and not play in a tournament.  This sounds like something we did at Alien Games.

Your last tournament was at Wholesale computers where only 6 people showed up. That's awesome.  BUTTT they only let 4 people play and they had STREET FIGHTER 4! not Super or AE.  There were more people tonight than what you had at Wholesale computers BUTTTTTTTTTT WHAT HAPPENED!?!?! You were just kept playing Rock band with your friends not caring about anyone who showed up. Didn't make anyone feel welcomed that came to YOUR event.  Me Toucan, Crazy, and Tyler showed up.  There was Rockee YOU, nativesin and Darius and you were not even TRYING to make an effort to throw a Street fighter tournament.  8 guys is probably more than what we had at Alien Games and definitely more than what you had at WholeSale computers.  But you failed.  If you should blame anyone it is you.  You wanted this event to be awesome, but you when "you fail to plan, you're planning to fail" simple as that. 

There was obviously no planning involve. As I was walking into the building there was a guy that walked out that was carrying a hori vlx fight stick. Obviously this was the reason he left. 

The 15 dollars spent to go play in the gamer room was the worst money I have ever spent in my life.  Tou wanted us to support you so much. that's why he was there yesterday and we weren't.  But you didnt' support him at all.

Thanks for wasting our time. 

Offline Scotcheroo

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 09:29:48 pm »
guy with the hori stick...that was me! :)

Do you just play AE? I need to find some more MvC players :(

Offline philiplee123

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 10:19:37 pm »
i want your shirt!

Offline toucan108

• Familiar Face
  • I play Super Street Fighter 4 casually, add me! :D
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: toucan805
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »
guy with the hori stick...that was me! :)

Do you just play AE? I need to find some more MvC players :(

YO MAN!!! we can play more MvC for you brah!! but yeah we usually rock out SSF4ae. but we have AnimeFreak and Crazy Clown that will challenge you a bit in that game. :P  We try to hang out every week. just right now not so much but we're trying to get things going.  We're gonna try to get together tomorrow and play. We'd love to have you there! I'll message you my number.

and i want your "stick" ;p

Offline Skanks.Dead

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: OddFuturBongRip
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2011, 11:02:30 pm »
BURN!!!!!!

Offline toucan108

• Familiar Face
  • I play Super Street Fighter 4 casually, add me! :D
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: toucan805
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2011, 11:41:34 pm »
And Flip, I could have gone to hang out with Taylor Tyler Mike Ruty and confuzed friday night but i decided to come to your event and support what you tried to make work so well.. but i was devastated by your ignorance to try anything with what you had there..   and we can only hope that third time is a charm for you. but with this event i wouldn't think that anyone would want to show up or take your events seriously anymore.

thanks for playing Rock Band

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 02:30:54 am »
Okay look we are trying our hardest to get tournaments going but with no one signing up what can we do? I don't know about you but we can't make people magically want to sign up a tournament. As for gears well the guy was suppose to be running it didn't show. So no complaining if you think you can do better by all means I would like to learn

Look dont pin this on me... I was trying to get a sitter, with or without me know one showed. Please dont throw me under the bus and you dont even know my name. My company and especially myself promotes this site before my own events.

The real problem

When staff members post events like gamestop midnight launches to pass out flyers no one post or attempts to pass out flyers. I bet at this event there wasnt 1 okgamers.com flyer on a table. Everyone hosting events with no strategy no guidance no knowledge of games they are hosting. Read these threads more often and learn from them and quit thinking people are against you. This post in not towards flip cuz I know hes trying. I'm more mad at the community because its like IDK. Ive ran into gamers all over the state that knows some of you and they tell me how people never tell them about okgamers. Its sad, Well Ultimate MvC3 drops next month are we going to let all the serious gamers disappear and not know about our community?

Flip I will call you tomorrow to discuss some things with you.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »
trying to stomach your words (ALL OF YOU) has been rather difficult...

I never in my life thought I would ever say these words... and if you want you can call me and I'll say it to your face

I'M DONE WITH VIDEO GAMERS.

Saif- to be honest. I don't know how YOU have done it. 5(Nearly 6) years is an amazing feat of what can be considered a "Gaming community" in Okla-♥♥♥♥♥-homa.

Crazy- I enjoy playing with you, When you don't troll. I learn a lot every time I play you. I hope you make it big.

Tou- I have nothing but respect for you, thanks for trying to support me.

Timmy Scorcher- Thanks for nothing bro...

Frankly I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what you guys think of me but I'm done anyway so ♥♥♥♥ you if you ban me from your stupid site! ♥♥♥♥ you if you don't get the picture. The COMMUNITY we suposively have has made me so sour for the game I love that I never want to see another SF or anything player IN MY LIFE. This isn't salt. this is pain... Pain bottled in for so ♥♥♥♥♥ long.

I went LARPing literally 2 weeks ago. and it was great. The community is full of nice guys who all have comen interest. There are no Cliques. There are no corporate hoops. There is no political bullshit! I'm so far done with this. You wanna thank me for your wasted money Philip Lee?! Nah, Thank you for killing one of the so called community.

Good night and burn in ♥♥♥♥♥.

Offline Skanks.Dead

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: OddFuturBongRip
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:06 pm »
Man that 15 bucks I spent is starting to pay for its self.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 11:43:32 pm »

First off you cant get mad at me.. cuz if I wouldve showed it wouldve been a waste of money and time, I dont think you understand the amount of efforts I put into this gaming for FREE. Also I promoted your event more then you did. Not only that you promised to come to my event and didnt even let me know till after. Atleast I tried to get a sitter to come. Please dont run from this community its a great one. You giving up to easily
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 02:03:47 am »
I never in my life thought I would ever say these words... and if you want you can call me and I'll say it to your face
I'M DONE WITH VIDEO GAMERS.

Saif- to be honest. I don't know how YOU have done it. 5(Nearly 6) years is an amazing feat of what can be considered a "Gaming community" in Okla-♥♥♥♥♥-homa.

Tou- I have nothing but respect for you, thanks for trying to support me.

Frankly I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what you guys think of me but I'm done anyway so ♥♥♥♥ you if you ban me from your stupid site! ♥♥♥♥ you if you don't get the picture. The COMMUNITY we suposively have has made me so sour for the game I love that I never want to see another SF or anything player IN MY LIFE. This isn't salt. this is pain... Pain bottled in for so ♥♥♥♥♥ long.

I went LARPing literally 2 weeks ago. and it was great. The community is full of nice guys who all have comen interest. There are no Cliques. There are no corporate hoops. There is no political bullshit! I'm so far done with this. You wanna thank me for your wasted money Philip Lee?! Nah, Thank you for killing one of the so called community.

Words don't often convey from one to another - the true gravity of a situation.

Any event organizer - of any field - has to put up with drama.  Gaming.  Dog Shows.  A Tuperware gathering.  Drama and humanity go hand in hand.

When I talked to you Flip about "what you were getting into" - I'm not sure it all registered; but now that you've seemingly been put on your butt, maybe you'll understand more :)  It's no fun to have an unsuccessful event; taking it out on the community though is not right either.  I'm not worried; you're a young guy, you've got plenty to learn and time to do it in.  The one thing I've learned getting older?  As one learns, you realize what little you truly ever knew; quite humbling :)

How have I lasted this long?  At first for the love of Soul Calibur, Rod Marshall and all he did for us, and then the community he and Greg built - unforgettable and unique people like Michael Jackson, BrianHates, JD_OK, and many many others.

Then it was the volunteering - showing a kid that "shoveling poop" wasn't the only way to improve their local community; that you could have fun volunteering?  That it could help what YOU really love?  Is an irreplaceable memory and moment; one some gamers and locals may never forget that we've worked with.

Now?  It's a mash of the potential of the site to help businesses and thus the community, those volunteers moments of life, and for the new gamers and awesome crew we work with. 

Nothing good comes without it's shadow though.  For every great volunteer, there may be a bad one.  For every awesome SC player, there will be someone that hates me for just me.  For every successful event?  At least one unsuccessful event to show you all the scars and lessons I learned putting the failed event together.  ( That's what "consultant" means - one with failure ;) )

Timmy Skorcher does more for this community than anyone gives him credit; Flip I told you WEEKS ago that you should have been communicating with him more; your lack of planning probably did you in, please don't blame our modern Halo Saint ;)  You also never came to OKgamers in even the unofficial way to ask for help that I pointed out - Lucas and myself and others might have been able to help structure; but it sounds like you had more of an issue with other things; sometimes you can't win with the hand of cards dealt.

As for flaming the site - and losing your cool on the very site that helped link you to some of these great times you've had?  I'm not going to ban you; this thread has been submitted to the TO's to discuss final action, and for now I'll lock it to avoid further bloodshed.  I am pulling your Supporter status; you've now officially gone way off the reservation on how we ask you to act and be respectful on the forums.

...you see - NO ONE WANTS MORE STRESS.  And if a business sees this thread and says "is this what I have to look forward to?"  They'll just move on, never posting here, or ever sometimes sharing.  Or even having a gaming event...  And that's not a threat - it's a reality already established, documented, and saddening...  So for the sake of protecting it's self from it's self - for now I'll lock it, and await the TO decision.

( OKgamers fundamentally?  Communication between Gamers and Businesses.  We can't run anyone off with drama or flaming, else there's no reason for the site to be here :) )

--

One reason to not write off fighters - Soul Calibur 5 may mark a renaissance of Soul Calibur in Tulsa; the first SC without Funhouse, but with the resurgence of fighting games?  Means we've got a huge pool of excited and anticipating gamers - just waiting...  We could have a powerhouse of gamers locally battling it out to make not only OK a force, but having a dang good time while doing it.  It's not till next year though, plenty of time to cool off.  And throw magic missiles!

One last lesson Flip, just in case I don't see you again: every coin has 2 sides.  Your love of SSF that has hit a rough spot with the drama of dealing with people, promotions, and organization?  Guaranteed can and probably will happen again with LARPing.  No escaping it, I know for a fact several of the trouble making cliques you haven't met yet :)  Every group is different, but just know - no group will ever be perfect, it can't.  It's made of people; and people all make mistakes.  Before you can really help a group though, you've got to at least understand no one is perfect; you've taken a few important first steps though, and that's a good.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!