Author Topic: OKgamers Meeting - Come Plan 2008! (edited)  (Read 10980 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
OKgamers Meeting - Come Plan 2008! (edited)
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:31:19 am »
MEETING TO PLAN 2008 - READY TO GO!
DECIDED - DATE SET - GO HERE - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1000.0

[wow, how crazy that the 2008 planning thread is thread 1000... heh]

OLD STUFF ---

EDITED AGAIN - poll changed again -_-

STORY - -

December results on getting people to be available were proving dismal.  So - we'll instead have the meeting in January.  I've chosen the middle of the month - 2 different weekends, Saturday or Sunday.

I figure the afternoon is best for everyone - so plan for a 1ish to 4ish timeline.  Maybe 2 to 5, 1-5, something about 3 or 4 hours wise.  Sounds like a long time, but we'll have a RANGE of things to cover, so I assure you it'll feel quicker ;)

Please look forward in your calendars, and figure out what weekend, and day is best.  If all 4 are great, vote that way.  Date with the most votes in 2 weeks is what we'll go for - so please vote now!

Info on what's going on below in the old post!

OLD POST BELOW ---------------------

EDITED!# - So please note the poll as changed.

Gist -

OKgamers.com is a TEAM effort.  Last year - a TEAM came up with what we should do for 2007.

Now 2007 is over.  We need to have a meeting to plan next year - where we are going, what we are doing. This is a BIG important meeting that helps decide where OKgamers is going as a site, etc.  I'd like AS MANY PEOPLE AT IT AS POSSIBLE :)

VOTE ON A DATE - I've set up a 14 day poll with 4 different days to choose from next month.  The day with the most votes - we'll go with.  Yes, you can even vote for all 4 days, all we care about is figuring out when is best for the most people, and going with it.

PLEASE VOTE ON A DATE -and we'll finalize more on location after that.  (general Tulsa area will be the location, sometime during the afternoon in all likelyhood.)

Last month's meeting - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=876.0

OLD post content - - (keep in mind I was thinking about combining nov and dec. meeting when I wrote that.  Now we've had one, and we need the final meeting of 07 to plan 08.  thus this old thread info is somewhat right, but yea.  feel free to read if you want to get more of a idea of where we'll go with this.)

-------------------------------------

So seriously guys - I came up with the OKgamers concept through polling friends on what to do on things.  I don't want to ever get to the point where SAIF CALLS ALL THE SHOTS.  I'm one person, I'm not the authority, I'm not going to sink a group concept by being an individual decision maker.

THAT MEANS I NEED YOU AND YOUR OPINIONS.

But we also need a time and date to meet.  We've been doing the second Sunday of the month meetings, because that's the same day of the tournaments.  Are we EXCLUDING any of you that care?  Now is the time to let us know via this poll.

It kinda comes down to this:

2007 - we had a plan.  I kinda forced it into a 1 year plan heh.  I didn't want to COMMIT anymore of my life away than that, because I'm the kinda person that keeps going till it's done.  It needed a 'ending point'.  Now - we are at the end.  Do we go on?  In what fashion?  Etc.

Pro's of going on:
 - We've built up a SERIOUS community.  I mean over 700 Oklahoma based gamers on one site - did you even know they existed?  ;)
 - We've got 3+ Conventions to help run, staff, and get serious promotion out of.
 - We've built a team of interested individuals, with more coming on off and on.
 - We've got a 6 foot banner!  lol
(more here?)

Con's:
 - It's a lot of work.  So much so that I don't plan on committing to monthly tournaments next year.  (tbd more at the meeting)
 - Gamers are lazy.  I think after 1+ year of trying to make this work, I get to say that about OK gamers.  And I don't always have the interest in MOTIVATING them to move, only to get a few people to help out.  That drains away my interest in seriously doing anything other than keeping the site up and running ;)
 - Is it doing any good?  Seriously, does anyone even care?

The bottom line:
We need to discuss what everyone thinks, feels, etc.  I really want this discussion to happen guys, please take some time to help me out here on when you can come, and when it can be.

If moving the day wins out - we NEED A GOOD DAY / date.  So - if your pro-not sunday, please give an idea of what kinda
day would be good - like Saturday?  And what date you'd propose - like Saturday, December the 15th, etc.
I'm open to anything before Christmas here to meet, please work with me to let me know what's best for you.  Also remember - people travel, leave town, etc.  I'd LIKE to set this at a time where the most people are available. 
OUT OF TOWNERS - speak up on your availablity to be in town if any. 
IN TOWNERS TRAVELLING - let us know when you are leaving...

A year ago?  I wanted the 'OKgamers board'  to decide things.  But that was a group passing by - of the 10 or so people, 2 moved out of the state, 2 retired from gaming, etc, etc.  I don't care to try and get all of the board back together ;)

Now?  I'd like to see a core group of the people that have been actually active over the last year...  I'd like -

In Person:
Eric / Monsterman
Icy
Rislone
Steeel
R3ligion
Coolsvilla
Pinkie
Bunni
Aya
Blindsamurai
Pr1mo
Mistershock / Daniel?

Via chat if NOTHING ELSE: (aka, we could run ventrillo / irc / something to get the virtual people in on this)
godmode
HT ACE
wreckless87
RastaImposta

(Your name not here?  It's probably because it's late, and I just pulled up the staff / mod list by login date to create this lol)

That's 16 people.  I suspect 2 will not be available no matter what.  4 will probably drop out due to circumstances.  Leaving at least 10 potentially to sit down for this.  (just the numbers game, and hopefully with people knowing I'm serious, they'll try harder, giving that 10 a real chance lol.)

Can you?  Are you interested?

On the list or not, if your interested in where we are going, I hope to hear from you on this.  Vote to let me know if we should do it on one of the sunday's or not, and PLEASE POST.  When you post, you show your interest.  Like moths to the flame, others that see they are not the ONLY one's interested, then feel more comfortable posting / going as well.  Just human nature.  Please help out here ;)

--

Actual meeting notes -

We'll go to a resturant / place big enough to handle us.  I'll probably buy some drinks / snacks if we go somewhere, and just have stuff brought to us.

We'll meet for no less than 2 hours, no more than 3 or 4?  (If we can't get it done in 2 or 3 hours, it can't be done :))

We'll take photos - and this time I WILL use them for the staff section :)

And that's all I know right now.  (Oh, if we have 2 meetings, eitherway the last meeting will be the important one.  So - probably in December we'll end up doing this 'last meeting of 07' thing heh.)

Like I said people, it matters to me.  If OKgamers has meant much to you now or later down the road, please get active in this meeting, and we'll decide the future of OKgamers.

X A

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:45:44 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 ends - The Last OKgamers Meeting of the year?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:35:46 pm »
ok X_A!

STEEEL AKA HALFBREED TO THE RESCUE! X_A! you gotta i mean you MUST AND HAVE to keep this going bro! Dont give up you have the best HALO related staff the can be!

You have me, im a hard worker, you have ICY and Religion together, Hard workers, you have Live Wire a very hard worker. I mean daaamn! Halo is covered! We can get Tulsa World and all that all over this stuff.

Ill make sure atleast the Halo staff comes to the next meeting. We are going to have a talk about this.

Me, Icy, Religion, You, Live wire, Eric, all together can make this happen and blow BIIIIG! we just have to have the ideas earlier.

well talk at the meeting.

chibit89

Re: The LAST OKg meeting of 2007 - Come Plan 2008!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:59:51 pm »
yo, i think I rep. SRK and all the 2d fighting games of OK.  can i get input @ the meeting?  if not, its cool.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:05:34 pm »

I'd love to have your input! 

Do you think you'd be a virtual or phsyical participant?

I am serious about wanting to set up some kind of ventrillo / etc to include our non-Tulsa based staff.

Anyway - let us know!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:18:10 pm »
if you need me ill help out there

chibit89

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 02:54:44 pm »
just vent me in

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
  • XBL ID: Suit vs Tie
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 05:16:15 pm »
Has a date been picked yet? Smooth and I could prolly make it depending on the day.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 01:48:36 am »
Looks like the weekend of the 8th or 9th.

I'd lean towards doing it on Sunday - thoughts?

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Coolsvilla

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 02:40:43 am »
Looks like the weekend of the 8th or 9th.

I'd lean towards doing it on Sunday - thoughts?

X A

I don't know if my input helps at all with meetings, but if you want me to come, I can't come on Sunday. I have a leaders meeting for PMS on that day and I have to go. >_<

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:56 am »
b there.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 12:04:01 pm »

Saturday, Dec. the 8th then?

We need at least 3 hours - any start or finish time better or worse for anyone?

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 12:06:38 pm »
ill see what i can do that day lol to me it doesnt really matter when i voted but now that i have a job ill have to talk to them....THE MAN is holding me down lol.......but yeah ill see what i can do

Offline Suit and Tie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • www.iamSuitandTie.com
  • XBL ID: Suit vs Tie
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 03:45:59 pm »
Sunday the 9th after 4 would be good for Smooth and I.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 08:33:55 pm »

Suit - so Saturday afternoon is out?

ill see what i can do that day lol to me it doesnt really matter when i voted but now that i have a job ill have to talk to them....THE MAN is holding me down lol.......but yeah ill see what i can do

K, if you can be free Sunday and not Sat, I may have to trade Cools for 2 halo players and you lool, and go Sunday.  We'll see.

*I'M LOOKING FOR THOSE SERIOUS AND INTERESTED TYPES HERE GUYS.  IF YOU CAN OR CANNOT MAKE SATURDAY OR SUNDAY - LET ME KNOW, AND I'LL PLAN ACCORDINGLY*

I need to lock the date down in the next few days, and promote it randomly too.  So yea.   Pls and such.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 09:57:13 pm »
yes i need to know the date soon so i can get off that day