Author Topic: Tulsa - THE LAST THROW DOWN of 09: SSBB, SF4, Tekken 6, BlazBlue - 12/13/09  (Read 42397 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: Tulsa - THE LAST THROW DOWN of 09: SSBB, SF4, BlazBlue - 12/13/09
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 05:07:20 am »
We are going to try our best to come. You guys helped us so we will do the same. Just making sure we dont have nothing scheduled then.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Kizna_4

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:04 pm »
You Better not or else foolish Mortal!

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:07:17 pm »
Any chance at throwing T6 in the mix? Be nice to get some seeds for the Jan tourn.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:03:51 pm »
Any chance at throwing T6 in the mix? Be nice to get some seeds for the Jan tourn.

My BIGGEST concern other than time - is hardware, which can technically solve both.

So.  If we can get 2 confirmed setups each for SF, BB and T6 - within the next week - then yes.  We'll change up promotion to include all 4 games.

SETUP = TV, working cables to connect to that TV, console, game, and save data to be fully unlocked.  Controllers are nice, but considered optional.

I have enough TV's to cover several if not most of those.  It's a matter of PS3's and games, and saves.

HARDWARE LIST FOR X A:
6 good TV's (AV connectors)
4 okay TV's (mainly COAX - need converters, vcrs, etc)

WOULD NEED HELP GETTING MOST OF THOSE THERE.

SSBB - cables for AV, console, game, and save data.

PS3 - but don't have any save data, would need to take care of before event.

So -

DEC 13th HARDWARE CONFIRMED:
SSBB - one setup (1 of 6)
PS3 - needing game and save data (.5 of 2 / 2 / 2)
4 av TV's (need help getting there)
4 coax / meh TV's  (need help getting there)

That's what I know.  SMASH - we need AT LEAST 3 to 5 more setups. 

Tekken - you need at least 2 setups for yourself, as well as at least 4 setups for SF and BB total before we can add T6 to the line up.  We'll give you till people either verify they are coming with it, or till Nov. 4th when we do final count.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 09:05:48 am »
i have 4 wii's at my house and like 9 tv's.  7 of them being HxC's haha.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:56:12 am »
well we definately have my PS3 with both BB and SF4, so they're there lol

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 12:59:02 pm »
I can bring a PS3 and Tekken 6, if needed I can bring 2 PS3's and two Tekken 6's. Whatever it takes to get in on board for December.
"ODLei"

Offline Mung

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 02:16:52 pm »
I will definitely be coming to this!  Now all I need to do is buy a TE stick for PS3.

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 03:57:48 pm »
please also message me this answer on facebook saif. It says this event is to gear up for the tcc thing, but I don't see tekken 6 listed anywhere. So will tekken 6 be unseeded at the tcc event? I wonder if I should come show my brawl skills at this thing > : )

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 06:55:08 pm »
please also message me this answer on facebook saif. It says this event is to gear up for the tcc thing, but I don't see tekken 6 listed anywhere. So will tekken 6 be unseeded at the tcc event? I wonder if I should come show my brawl skills at this thing > : )

Heh, this id like to see.  some people from arkansas told me some stuff about you.  would like to see if its true.

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 09:16:26 pm »
Wooooh I was waiting for some more sf4 tournys im still undefeated on xbox360 lol. Well lets hope that we have a better tournout for this tourny cause I need some more money lol jk. Hope to see tons of new faces and all the old great ones. ;D
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 05:56:26 am »

Update -
DEC 13th HARDWARE CONFIRMED SO FAR:
SSBB - 3 of 6 needed with 2 extra Wii's?
Tekken 6 - 2.5 of 2 needed (need another TV for dirtylei's)
SF4 - 0 of 2 needed
BlazBlue - 1 of 2 needed

XA's TV stash:
2 av TV's left (need help getting there)
4 coax / meh TV's  (need help getting there)

THIS UPDATE FOR STASH -
 - One already taken to make AnimeFreak setup work, may need him to pick up!
 - One already taken to make onedirtylei setup work, may need him to pick up!  (Dirtylei - took you up on your 2 ps3's, plus mine we'll just need to find a 3rd tv from someone, or verify your 3rd can hook up to one of my remaining tv's, and of course get that tv out there.)

i have 4 wii's at my house and like 9 tv's.  7 of them being HxC's haha.
I'm going to assume ALL of those Wii's are available then, and let me know on the other 7 HxC TV's, as I'll only put you down for 2 tv's.

--
Execute - please read the thread, and no I'm not FB'ing you ANYTHIGN!  lol.  Anyway, as the thread explains above we are requiring hardware promises by 11/4 to confirm Tekken.  Between Monster Man buying Tekken, and onedirtylei's 2 ps3's - we should be good for TEKKEN - but I won't allow Tekken in if we don't have GUARANTEED 2 SETUPS FOR BB and SF4 as well. 

Note - we can't use 1 setup for 2 games - as they'll probably be running concurrently.  This is why I took AnimeFreak's setup and dedicated it to BB, and BB only, etc.

STILL NEED HARDWARE FOR BB / SF4 to get TEKKEN IN.  You have till Nov 4th then we make our final call.

A NOTE FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T BRING HARDWARE - let me put this into CLEAR ENGLISH:
It's cool - we understand you either don't have a ps3 version, etc.  HOWEVER - since it's not been clear in the past to some, I'll make it 100% clear with this post...

Casual Gamers - help spread the word about OKgamers and it's events (which are created to help spread the word lol) because the more people who FIND the site, the better resource it is.

Hardcore and TOURNAMENT WINNING GAMERS - help spread the word because it not only helps the TOURNAMENT ATTENDANCE, it gives X A, AND THE OTHER TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS a reason to keep DOING TOURNAMENTS.  We do this because we **HOPE** when we go through all the effort and time spent to do an event, you the gamers are helping us to spread the word - which is your ONLY WAY to show thanks for us helping gamer's communities to grow, word getting out you exist AT ALL, us throwing a solid rule based event, and providing something to do and have a good time at! ( and oh yea, putting money in the winners pockets lol )

Why this rant?
We've found key SSBB players didn't catch on to that.  We've found SF4 players that give us crazy looks when we talk of helping out. They are HURTING themselves and everyone else...
If you're not helping OKgamers 'spread the word' - you're not only hurting yourself and your friends - you are eliminating the only motivation OKgamers has to throw events.  TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THE SITE.

- "Word out" about the site - means more people know and use it, becoming a better resource.
 - As a better resource, more people know and show up for tournaments; larger and more fun events happen as a result.
 - Larger and more fun events - more sponsors are interested, more random free stuff for you the gamers, and larger payout to those that win.

Make sense?  ( No one's mad if you've not done it in the past or caught on, we just ask - help us from here out?  :) )

We throw tournaments to get the word out, to make the site known and thus the best resource it can be.
Help OKgamers be the best it can be, spread the word; it's literally all we ask for.  Thank you :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 08:37:09 am »
THIS UPDATE FOR STASH -
 - One already taken to make AnimeFreak setup work, may need him to pick up!
 - One already taken to make onedirtylei setup work, may need him to pick up!  (Dirtylei - took you up on your 2 ps3's, plus mine we'll just need to find a 3rd tv from someone, or verify your 3rd can hook up to one of my remaining tv's, and of course get that tv out there.)

Sounds good. What time should I show up to help set up?

There must be TEKKEN!
"ODLei"

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 08:44:11 am »
@typ ex: LOL I can't tell if you are saying that you have heard I'm good or bad at tekken. Oh well you guys will see if these tournies go down.

@saif: hahahahhaa I failed and read the thread after my post. Well if I come I could bring my copy of ps3 street fighter 4, blazblue, and tekken 6. My TV is not a good travel tv though. I don't think I could bring my ps3 either :S I don't even know if that's helpful.

EDIT @typ ex: if you were referring to my brawl skills I'm &##()#*)($# INSANE at it now. Don't know if I will play in the tourney though, I really don't like that game. TEKKEN BABEEE

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm calling it right now that execute will NOT win the tekken tourney  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:46:35 am by execute »

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 09:09:33 am »
DOUBLE EDIT: I'm calling it right now that execute will NOT win the tekken tourney  Grin

Agreed  ;)
"ODLei"