Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournaments Start! - October 8th, 2006  (Read 13074 times)

Zora

Re: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournaments Start! - October 8th, 2006
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 06:55:54 pm »
I've been meaning to ask, are there any prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers? Or is this strictly for fun?

hozanto

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2006, 10:26:37 am »
Saif,

Is this thing still on?  I see that there will be no real games I play at this get together (I casually play halo and have NEVER played online or against anyone).  I will still show up to see how this thing goes and see the new Funhouse.  Still need my Xbox?

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 09:41:34 pm »

Zora - it's all covered as detailed as possible in the first post of this thread.

Saif,

Is this thing still on?  I see that there will be no real games I play at this get together (I casually play halo and have NEVER played online or against anyone).  I will still show up to see how this thing goes and see the new Funhouse.  Still need my Xbox?

Yea, this is still going down.  I've actually had alot of interest in it, even with me not being able to produce flyers this time around -_-

If you wouldn't mind bringing your hardware, I'd appreciate it.  Games, controllers, the console it's self - all very helpful.  Worse case senerio, you end up just leaving it in your trunk heh - but still, better safe than sorry :)

--

SPEAKING OF WHICH -

People helping with Halo 2 - sound off on what you can bring by 5, or 530pm on Sunday!  [We are looking for TV's, consoles, games, and controllers.  We should have masking tape of course, to label everyones things.]

People helping with Smash Bros 64 - sound off on what you can bring by 5ish, or by at least 8pm or so on Sunday!  [We are looking for TV's, consoles, games, and controllers.  We should have masking tape of course, to label everyones things.]

The DDR types - just come, and of course, spread the word, as yea, without flyers being passed out, I suspect we'll need all the help passing on the word we can get.

--

Target for event - at least 3 or 4 TV's for the night / each thing.  [I realize if Halo types have to leave earlier with their TV's / whatever, we'll just adapt]

2 to 4 Consoles and games for the event [Halo confirmed so far 1? and Smash, I've got at least 2 or 3 setups]

Controllers - please bring what you've got as well! 

[I'll be bringing 1 smash setup, and anything else we'll see]

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Otaku

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 04:26:22 am »
I thought more people had committed to bring hardware for Halo 2, but since your last post says only one confirmed, and no one seems to be actively posting on this topic anymore, I'll add this:

I can bring my XBox, a copy of Halo 2, and two, possibly three Microsoft S-Type controllers.

And I might, possibly, be able to bring a 25" TV, but if at all possible I'd rather not because a couple of years ago I had to do some work on it and the coax input on it is hanging from a wire in the back, kind of brittle. It's perfectly safe as long as the adapter attached to it is not hanging, but laying on the table with the TV. Also it doesn't have A/V in, so I'd have to bring my RF modulator which only outputs mono sound.

Plus I don't think I can stay until Smash is done (unless someone wants to offer me a ride.)

Also I don't have a switch/router/hub/crossover cable at the moment, so the networking portion will have to fall upon someone else's hardware.

As for the actual tournament, I'll be teaming with my brother whom you all know as Zora (the one who didn't read page one.) The game actually belongs to him.

- Jack.

P.S. - May I suggest for future events that you consider holding a Mario Kart Double Dash tournament? I would think that that would seem to draw more interest than Smash Bros. 64. (Although I could be wrong.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 04:29:31 am by Otaku »

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 08:10:36 pm »

From my perspective - re 'confirming' - people have pledged in the past month or two to bring things - now, a week in - I'm looking for confirmations.

TV wise - yea sounds like go ahead and leave it heh.  However, if you can bring that hardware just in case - that'll help.  I'll have 2 tv's [unless Spikey Justin keeps mine!@#] and will need as much hardware, and maybe a couple more TV's - so yea, everything helps.

Staying wise - don't worry, if your bringing just halo stuff, you can get that back as soon as we are done / when ever. 

Teaming up - cool.  Looks like we'll probably be doing 2v2 - so your set.

On suggestions - HOLD ON TO THOSE! - AND INCOURAGE PEOPLE TO SHOW UP AND GIVE THEIRS TOO!

I'll have at least 50 or so surveys to hand out to whoever has feedback / shows up even if they don't play - and will be interested in getting those opinions.  Those surveys will help determine what we do for the following tournaments / any OKgamers.com event I personally throw.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

CornBurner

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 11:52:22 am »
Hello, Hello. Sorry I haven't been logged on lately. Been busy with school  :'(

I'm glad this Halo tourny is going down tomorrow! Saif, thanks for calling me and reminding me about it, haha.

I'll be able for sure to bring 2 xboxs, 4 controllers, a 24 port hub, 4 cat-5/LAN cables, and 2 televisions. I might be able to get hands on a third xbox and couple of more controllers, but we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow. Oh, and I'll be able to supply each xbox I bring with a copy of Halo 2. I assume you knew that though.  ;D

I can show up early to help setup. I don't mind at all. 4:30.. 5... 5:30... whatever, just let me know when and I'll be there.

CornBurner

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 01:25:20 pm »
And since Tremor is a lazy bum I'm RSVPing for him too.... since he's my double team partner and all.  :D

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 04:28:50 pm »

CornBurner - good news!  Thanks again, and I'd say between you and Spikey - we should be good.

Setup - we might actually yea, shoot for 5pm if that's good for you.  Just cause I don't want to get started late / yea.

BOTH SMASH AND HALO ARE 2v2 - teams - just fyi.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

hozanto

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 10:28:41 am »
I will see you guys tonight but it now looks like I won't be there until after 7.  Some last minute thing came up with my wife and I have to watch my son for a few hours.  I will still bring my equipment if needed.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 02:51:57 pm »
I will see you guys tonight but it now looks like I won't be there until after 7.  Some last minute thing came up with my wife and I have to watch my son for a few hours.  I will still bring my equipment if needed.

'sall good.  By 7ish, we should have already narrowed it down some / not need anymore hardware...  But just in case - and if it's not going too far out of your way - then yea, I'd stop by and just check in :)

Ben - seems to have one / 1.4 of the setups working.  If we have Spikey justin show up and all - it should be fine.  Else - we might be hurting a bit.  In fact - just give me a call man around 7ish, and I can let you know then vs coming all that way.

Should be a good event, man though, I haven't practiced smash at all -_-

X A

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 03:03:15 pm by X_A »
OKgamers.com - our goals